BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 19, 2015 11:33 pm  #121

Re: Benedict and Sophie thread

Amen to that, besleybean!

Clueing for looks.

December 20, 2015 8:14 am  #122

Although I've only just noticed...what is that bauble she's wearing on her ring finger?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 20, 2015 1:39 pm  #123

I'm sure her rings are the least of his concerns! Ha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 21, 2015 3:32 am  #124

If you are wondering about where all my posts went... Please see the first post in this thread.

Thanks

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

December 21, 2015 4:12 am  #125

Gee.

It had not occured to me thr any of the photos might be innapropriate. I will miss the lovely collection of photos you contributed, Val. I'm sorry you had to do a major edit. I hope you will be back soon to have more fun with us. In the meantime, I will include any photos I happen upon.

Clueing for looks.

December 21, 2015 6:36 am  #126

Well I can't pretend I didn't enjoy the gorgeous, but some of us had long wondered bout the source of some of the pics.
So thanks to the staff for taking note and to contributors for responding.
We love Benedict and Sophie and want to respect their privacy...more to the point, we do not want to encourage paps!

December 21, 2015 9:01 am  #127

Well I'm sure there a lot of pics in this forum who are then "unacceptable" too.

@Val: Feeling sometimes discouraged can happen here (I know what I'm talking about), but I guess as well at other forums. I'm posting a lot less for some time now and try to censor myself,  you just have to find a way to handle it. I have other places to go where I would post and discuss things I wouldn't post here. It works fine for me. So I hope you'll be back. It is and should be a place to talk about things we have in common so it should be fun, but if it isn't fun for you anymore don't try to take it too hard, it is just a forum after all.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

December 21, 2015 12:18 pm  #128

Mod's note:
Just to explain this - the pic in question was the one with Benedict and Sophie hugging in the car. Tonnaree and I decided it would be better to ask Ah-chie to delete it. This is all. IMO it was a private situation even if they were coming from a public event. I felt a bit like an intruder when I first saw it on tumblr and therefore I supported the decision to delete it in here. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 21, 2015 12:28 pm  #129

Absolutely right, Susi.
I don't understand the problem. Why did you delete all your posts then, Ah-Chie? Also posts with "proper" pics?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 21, 2015 12:47 pm  #130

Ivy wrote:

.... I'm posting a lot less for some time now and try to censor myself,  you just have to find a way to handle it. .... 

But you should censor yourself for the sake of Benedict (and Sophie), not for the mods here.
Out of respect it should be self-evindent, anyway.
I hope you agree that it's an advantage of this forum, not an disadvantage.
I remember we agreed for the complete forum: No pap pics or anything else inappropriate

Of course there may be pictures where it's not so obvious and we just don't KNOW it for every single picture, but when it's obvious then it shouldn't be here.
Because of respect.

For gossip, pap pics and discussions about Benedict relationship(s) you have to go somewhere else. Which I think is great, because I wouldn't. One of the reasons why I like being here.
Of course I see a lot in the WWW, and of course I am nosy; but posting it (here or wherever), so it's spread further and further? Better not.

Britta

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 21, 2015 12:52 pm  #131

okay, Ah-chie was overcautious then. Like I said, if all the pics she deleted would have been a real problem there would be a lot of pics in this forum for us to delete. At first I thought someone outside this forum was complaining.

----------

December 21, 2015 5:37 pm  #132

Hope we've all got that sorted and can move on.
Group hug?!

December 21, 2015 9:03 pm  #133

Mattlocked wrote:

Ivy wrote:

.... I'm posting a lot less for some time now and try to censor myself,  you just have to find a way to handle it. .... 

But you should censor yourself for the sake of Benedict (and Sophie), not for the mods here.
Out of respect it should be self-evindent, anyway.
I hope you agree that it's an advantage of this forum, not an disadvantage.
I remember we agreed for the complete forum: No pap pics or anything else inappropriate

Of course there may be pictures where it's not so obvious and we just don't KNOW it for every single picture, but when it's obvious then it shouldn't be here.
Because of respect.

For gossip, pap pics and discussions about Benedict relationship(s) you have to go somewhere else. Which I think is great, because I wouldn't. One of the reasons why I like being here.
Of course I see a lot in the WWW, and of course I am nosy; but posting it (here or wherever), so it's spread further and further? Better not.

Britta

Sorry just saw your post now. Long time no see. I didn't mean "censor myself" in regard to Sophie and Ben pics or other stuff. I meant it in general, here in this forum.I try to censor myself because I want to avoid to be misunderstood. Works fine. And sometimes there is still a little language barrier. And I don't post enough to feel free to comment on everything that is said and posted here.
I'm totally against posting pap pic s, like the one with the baby and I also would never post story of other people who saw them while they were doing private stuff, like buying underwear at Selfridge or something.

But that's exactly what I meant, this talking past each other, that's sometimes a "bit" frustrating. 

Totally off-topic. I just wanted to encourage Ah-chie.
So like besley said let's get back to the purpose of that thread.

Last edited by Ivy (December 21, 2015 9:17 pm)

----------

December 21, 2015 9:59 pm  #134

It´s sad to see an active and thriving thread to disappear like that.

I hope, Ah-chie, that you will soon find your courage again, reconsider and start posting anew, because your posts were usually very informative and interesting and you will be missed.

Please, don´t be discouraged by this experience - God knows every person who posted some pic here managed to post also something inappropriate unknowingly and was asked to delete the pic by the mods afterwards (happened to me plenty of times). It´s nothing personal, really. Also, only the most daring paps pics are unacceptable. Pics made by fans with an agreement of Ben or other members of the crew are perfectly fine.

Wish you a merry Christmas and I´m looking forward towards your re-apperance.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 23, 2015 3:31 pm  #135

I also hope she has a Merry Christmas and eventually comes back.  I always enjoyed chatting with her

Anyway, here's one that I don't think we've had in the thread yet.  I think it's probably a different angle on a shot we've seen before, but I like it.

Clueing for looks.

December 23, 2015 3:32 pm  #136

He's so in love.

December 24, 2015 3:13 am  #137

Awwwww!  *melts*     
(And yes… yes he is….  and happy seeing such a great shot, and such a bigger smile from her!)

(..erf.. and aww, what?  Ah-chie said she was going to pull back from posting 'cause of it?  If sees this, I hope not, too!  always enjoyed reading posts, and hope being careful of pictures doesn't discourage you from still enjoying!)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 15, 2016 9:17 pm  #138

I think it's time for a new one, shall we? Not the best, but I figured we might as well add it to the collection since I'm pretty sure it's not one that's already posted here.

Side note: I wonder when we will next see them at an event together? They're not nominated, but do you think they might be part of the audience at the Oscars? Perhaps Benedict presenting an award? Or maybe we're more likely to see them at the BAFTAs?

Last edited by Yitzock (January 15, 2016 9:18 pm)

Clueing for looks.

January 19, 2016 7:57 am  #139

Some cute fanart of Ben and Sophie
http://dangbenedict.tumblr.com/image/137607040155

And another one by enerjax
http://enerjax.tumblr.com/image/137579722077

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 19, 2016 4:36 pm  #140

Aw, they are lovely.

Board footera