BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 7, 2015 10:29 pm  #21

Re: Did John borrow a shirt from Sherlock in THoB?

You guys have kind of moved on, but I did find something that doesn't really move things along much, but it looks like they either filmed some stuff for the Sherlock The Network app either the same day or with the same costume from the episode.

By chance I saw the trailer for it on the Sherlockology YouTube page, and at 0:17 it looks like John is wearing the same shirt as in The Hounds of Baskerville.  He looks like he's got a different coat than we usually see in the show, also.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX1_NoxguE8

Clueing for looks.

December 7, 2015 10:41 pm  #22

I believe you are right, Yitzock!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 8, 2015 2:25 am  #23

So, even if we don't see it again in the series, necessarily, they did use it again.  My guess is they probably filmed the short bits for the game in between scenes for the episodes, so it would make sense that they would reuse the same items of clothing.

Clueing for looks.

December 8, 2015 6:38 am  #24

S2 was filmed 2, 3, 1...the only scene I know they filmed outwith that sequence was Sherlock hallucinating Moriarty in HOB, that was filmed while they were filming SIB.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 10, 2016 4:03 pm  #25

Usually, John wears striped, checkered, or plaid shirts with or without his jumpers, sweaters, or wool vests.  He also has a plain dark orange shirt that he has worn in more than one episode, as well as a dark navy-blue shirt that he wore once during the first season, and again on "Many Happy Returns".  But that blue shirt that he wore in the next-to-final scene of "The Hound of Baskervilles"  has only been seen once on the show (I'm not counting that YouTube promo).  Maybe Sherlock gave it to him before they went to Baskerville--bought it for him, perhaps?  What do you think?

Last edited by kgreen20 (May 11, 2016 12:40 am)

Board footera