BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 29, 2015 5:04 pm  #41

Re: London Spy

Yes, I quite like that idea!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 29, 2015 7:17 pm  #42

lol I don't think it will ruin Mycroft for me, just because it's so different from how Mycroft is, other than slight similarities.  But I can still see why it might cloud your perception for a little while if it leaves a deep impression.  It just tends not to happen to me.

Clueing for looks.

December 1, 2015 6:10 pm  #43

What did everybody think of Episode 4? Don't get me wrong, I still think the show is interesting and by the end I was in suspense, but I felt like the last 2 episodes were more interesting throughout than this one was.  But I guess things are getting set up for the ending.  Glad we finally get to see what was in the coded object, but I have to say once I saw what the object was I was kind of expecting it to be something like what Danny saw on the computer at Alex's place, so that wasn't a complete surprise to me.

Also, of course, continuing to love the locations and cinematography.  Honestly, I feel like it could be an example of filmmaking for those aspects alone.

Also, thought we got some good flashback scenes, it help me feel for their relationship more.

Last edited by Yitzock (December 1, 2015 6:11 pm)

Clueing for looks.

December 1, 2015 8:30 pm  #44

Well, I'm shocked and saddened about the end of this episode. I loved Scottie, and actually he was the only character I really liked. (You probably guessed I am not very fond of BW )

The explanation from prof. Shaw about the lie detection is not that fantastic, sadly.
I'm also afraid (or maybe not) that there will be no more Rich-flashbacks.

December 1, 2015 8:48 pm  #45

Yeah, if that was Scottie hanging (which it seems to be), I don't think we'll get more flashbacks from him or about Rich, unless we meet someone else who knew them at that time.
I liked Jim Broadbent's character so it will be unfortunate not to have him present anymore.

Clueing for looks.

December 1, 2015 9:28 pm  #46

Sad to lose Jim...
But I love Ben!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 1, 2015 10:05 pm  #47

No, not Scottie!  Was it suicide or murder?  I think the latter, and yet again, there's nothing Danny can do about it. 

I agree about the filmmaking, Yitzock.  It's stil gorgeous to watch.  I love the way the camera will linger on the (brilliant) actors instead of jumping around.

I'm still finding the romance aspect moving: it's a strange way to show a romance with one of the love interests dead (probably! I'm still holding out hope!) in the first episode.   Kind of sweet that Alex used a code that Danny would get, and that Danny did get it - a secret message that Danny was the "one"?

December 1, 2015 10:05 pm  #48

I liked episode 4 very much because we finally got some explanations. The flashbacks added some poignancy to their relationship. And I had a hunch that Scottie had to go and I am very sad to lose him as a character and actor. The scene where Danny tells him he loves him is very beautiful. I think Mark's narrative role was fulfilled so I will not regret if he does not show up again.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 1, 2015 10:23 pm  #49

Liberty, remember what Scottie said about his suddenly relapse of depression? "How do you kill an alcoholic? - with alcohol. (...) How do you kill a depressive? ...." of course the answer was "with depression". As he "failed" to commit suicide, someone did it for him. Do you remember if the door of the cab was locked? If yes then he was killed. The cab driver was the same that "kidnapped" Danny earlier in the episode.

December 1, 2015 10:41 pm  #50

I'm wondering why it's the same car/driver as Danny was picked up in before, why they didn't also kill Danny.

Clueing for looks.

December 1, 2015 10:47 pm  #51

The show would end.

December 1, 2015 11:06 pm  #52

OK, yes, of course, but I mean we don't really know who those people are, so why do they want Danny alive/are OK with him being alive and why do they want Scottie dead? It could be because of what they found out about Alex, but why is the question.

Clueing for looks.

December 2, 2015 5:50 am  #53

I'd like to interject with a side note of gushing about how much I love the intro sequence. Ugh. It's so pretty, and the music, and the title card! 

Carry on. 

December 2, 2015 7:53 am  #54

Well, one explanation is that they're using/monitoring Danny, because they know he has something from Alex and want him to lead them to it.   Another thing that sadly would fit with that (and I hope it's not true) is that Scottie was the one doing the monitoring.  That would also fit with some of the comments about guilt and lies (if Scottie has been lying to Danny), and the timing of his death (just after they've discovered the programme - no use for Scottie any more). 

It could be the reverse of the Magnussen situation in HLV: they can't kill Danny because there is information that's only in his head.  And they can't even torture it out of him, because he doesn't know what it is.  He has to go through this process of looking for Alex to discover it (as he did with the combination lock). 

December 2, 2015 8:05 am  #55

I really like your theories (even if they include Scottie being guilty). 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 6, 2015 4:26 pm  #56

I think I'm going to be in tears if Alex is really dead, and in tears if Alex is really alive. This show is an emotional roller coaster, nonsensical plot aside. 

I do wonder if Scottie himself is involved with Alex's death (or 'death'), given the amount of information he knows about Danny. 

December 7, 2015 10:05 pm  #57

Well, it's over.  In a way I kind of wish that we had one more episode, but at the same time I kind of like the feeling of the ending, and this episode was really interesting and pretty exciting despite the unanswered questions.  Some of it was upsetting, but I felt like it fit with the kind of ruthless things we've seen happen already, even though it wasn't what I was expecting at all.

I'm surprised they kept Alex inside the trunk for so long.  Do you think he was drugged to sleep for a certain amount of time? It was like he had just woken up, but he was put in there months ago.

It really felt like a movie, complete with an open ending.

Clueing for looks.

December 7, 2015 10:15 pm  #58

I thought it was brilliant final episode, and not what I had been expecting at all (although I wasn't sure what I WAS expecting!).   Still so much about relationships, and truth and lies, still slow and thoughtful.

I thought Alex in the trunk was a flashback?  I didn't think he had been there for months. They (ironically, considering his research) used a lie detector against him, and when they found they couldn't be sure he would keep quiet, they let him die in the trunk, where Danny later found him.  At least that's the way I saw it. 

Last edited by Liberty (December 7, 2015 10:17 pm)

December 7, 2015 10:20 pm  #59

Oh, that would make sense! I assumed it was not the past, but that makes more sense, since his eye was open when Danny found him.

And I agree with what you mean, it wasn't what I was expecting either but I didn't know what to expect, really.  But it was still good.

Clueing for looks.

December 8, 2015 1:18 am  #60

*Wailing in agony* That's one of the most horrible ways to get rid of someone: False hope and using a lie detector (ironically, I agree, and a brutal touch) against him, my god. And the pain when Alex said, 'His name is Danny'... Someone stab me. 

I still don't know what's going on, but I think I have a better grasp on it than I had last episode. I like that they left some things up to interpretation and closed everything else up the way it needed to be finished. It was certainly not the ending I was expecting. 

Last edited by BreathingIsBoring (December 8, 2015 1:18 am)

Board footera