BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 30, 2015 2:50 pm  #1

Andrew Scott- Locke

Having finally been lucky enough to watch the film Locke (with Tom Hardy in the lead role) I suddenly realised that the voice of one of the oth characters, Donal, was none other than the lovely Andrew. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 30, 2015 9:49 pm  #2

Re: Andrew Scott- Locke

Yes!  I know!!   I was kicking myself after I finished watching that a while back and discovered it was Andrew, surprised and amused that the voice's inflection sounded kinda familiar during watching, but was focused on Hardy and the story and it didn't quite register.  Then of course I had to skip back a scene or two after the credits to try to find bits where he talked to hear him again.  ;D
Awesome movie, too.  Really kept you wondering, and very impressed by Hardy!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

July 5, 2015 10:04 pm  #3

It was a tremendous (almost single-handed) performance. To have the camera on you, and only you, for such a long period of time in a film is very demanding and I cannot actually recall another film which does this quite so intensely. Tom Hardy is gifted! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 6, 2015 9:25 pm  #4

I've finally watched it today, I've bought it a while ago but never managed to watch it but I'm so glad I did because I think Tom Hardy did a fantastic job, very intense and very emotional and the entire film was very interesting, because of the unusual form: One man alone in his car driving and almost the entire story is told through telephone calls.
And of course one of them - the funniest character in the story I think - is Donal, voiced by our dear Andrew, who's great fun to listen to.

I guess it was a very special thing to do for all, because they shot the entire film in 6 nights in a row, which is pretty special, and everyone apart from Tom Hardy, who was sitting in the car during filming, were in a hotel room and made their calls. That sounds very interesting to me and must have been an unique experience for everybody.

Last edited by James Norrington (December 7, 2015 1:03 am)

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

Board footera