BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 4, 2015 9:12 am  #2401

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

SusiGo wrote:

It has been posted in the Mary thread. 

But only because I wanted to point out at Mary´s suspicious phone-calls again.
Otherwise it´s pretty much a Johnlock thread material.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 4, 2015 9:17 am  #2402

I do not really think so. It is an actual printed story about Mary being dismissive of John and Sherlock and an ally of Moriarty. I think it does really deserve a place in there. And why not post it in the Johnlock guide as well? It covers more than one interesting topic. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 6, 2015 10:54 am  #2403

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Lazarus, is it cheaper for you to go to Copenhagen? They are showing it there! 

Unfortunatly not =/ But we have other plans now so I'm quite excited *yey* We will meet up at one of our houses, eat dinner, have some cake, watch a streaming of TAB in our jammies and then have a sleepover with a toast and tea breakfast the next day :D Don't know if I will be able to not watch it until the 9th of January though, but don't tell the others 

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

December 6, 2015 10:55 am  #2404

tonnaree wrote:

LAZARUS!!!   I missed you.   *bouncy bouncy*   

Aww you so sweet *kisses* ^^

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

December 7, 2015 7:53 pm  #2405

Has anybody else downloaded the new app for the Special?
It has a countdown until the air date and wallpapers and pictures and apparently there's a new video relating to the special coming up on the 10th.
I know, of course, that this is marketing, but it's kind of cool to have my phone background as the door to 221B with snow falling down.

Clueing for looks.

December 7, 2015 8:06 pm  #2406

It's not compatible for BlackBerry, is it...?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

December 7, 2015 8:09 pm  #2407

Well, all I know is that the app is available on Google Play and Apple app store...if there's a Blackberry version I'm not aware of it (unless Blackberry uses the Google Play store?).

Last edited by Yitzock (December 7, 2015 8:10 pm)

Clueing for looks.

December 7, 2015 8:15 pm  #2408

The heart … erm … snowflake wallpaper looks lovely on my phone. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 7, 2015 8:25 pm  #2409

Now a Christmas decorated TARDIS opens to reveal the door to 221B in a snow storm on my phone. How pretty! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 8, 2015 1:21 am  #2410

It's going to be available on DVD through Amazon in January.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013JBJ7EG/ref=pe_843070_158491940_em_1p_0_ti

Last edited by kgreen20 (December 8, 2015 1:23 am)

December 8, 2015 6:41 am  #2411

I've pre-ordered it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 8, 2015 9:55 am  #2412

Yup, same.
I wanted to pre order the steel edition blu-ray, but you need to live in the UK, apparently

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

December 8, 2015 10:54 am  #2413

^No fair! 

I pre-ordered it through the BBC shop almost 4 months ago! I hope it doesn't take too long to ship to Denmark! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 8, 2015 2:04 pm  #2414

The airtime of the cinema version, including the 'DVD extras' after the episode, is confirmed at 115 minutes.  Oh boy.  Still hungover from the night before, sitting in the cinema until almost 11, trains running a Sunday service, and a bus replacement service for part of my journey.  I'd better make an early booking for a cab!

December 8, 2015 2:44 pm  #2415

I had to book tickets to the next day. I won't be able to make my last train home to my hometown. But, on the plus side I now both get to see it on BBC, at the cinema, on Danish TV and on DVD. 

Apparently the demand here has been so great that they added extra screenings even! I almost 'regret' that I booked a ticket for 10am. They now have a showing after lunch. to make the 10am screening I have to be on a train at 7.30 to get there! 

I'll need time to get into costume too! my TPSoS takes a while to button right... *coughs* poor buttons. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 8, 2015 4:38 pm  #2416

Yep, will be a late night!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 8, 2015 4:56 pm  #2417

Ariane DeVere wrote:

The airtime of the cinema version, including the 'DVD extras' after the episode, is confirmed at 115 minutes.  Oh boy.  Still hungover from the night before, sitting in the cinema until almost 11, trains running a Sunday service, and a bus replacement service for part of my journey.  I'd better make an early booking for a cab!

Sounds like a tricky transportation situation.  Best of luck with that!

Clueing for looks.

December 8, 2015 7:50 pm  #2418

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I had to book tickets to the next day. I won't be able to make my last train home to my hometown. But, on the plus side I now both get to see it on BBC, at the cinema, on Danish TV and on DVD. 

Apparently the demand here has been so great that they added extra screenings even! I almost 'regret' that I booked a ticket for 10am. They now have a showing after lunch. to make the 10am screening I have to be on a train at 7.30 to get there! 

I'll need time to get into costume too! my TPSoS takes a while to button right... *coughs* poor buttons. 

Will they exchange your ticket for the later session? You could ask...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 8, 2015 8:25 pm  #2419

I doubt it, the seats are filling up quick... and I've already informed my best friend. I know it's still a bit 'far away'. But she doesn't do well with changed plans. 

But it's okay, I'll get some coffee and energy drinks, plus I can have my breakfast on the train, so I only have to get up at 6am! lol 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 11, 2015 8:30 am  #2420

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Board footera