BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 3, 2015 1:17 pm  #2381

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

Long time since I was here now and the special is so close now :D A few of us Swedish fans were actually planning on going to Finland to the screenings there, but after many calculations it was too expensive So we'll just have to wait for the streaming and then rewatch on telly later in January...

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

December 3, 2015 1:36 pm  #2382

LAZARUS!!!   I missed you.   *bouncy bouncy*   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 3, 2015 1:37 pm  #2383

I never loved sprouts. Until now. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 3, 2015 1:44 pm  #2384

SusiGo wrote:

I never loved sprouts. Until now. 

Oh Susi.  Have you ever had sprouts roasted in the oven?  Toss them with olive oil and spices and roast till tender.  They are amazing!

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 3, 2015 1:47 pm  #2385

No, this sounds really good. Will have to try. Does it take away the slightly bitter taste?

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 3, 2015 2:11 pm  #2386

When I've roasted them they get a slightly sweet taste.  You can always try it once and if you don't like it you never have to do it again.  :-)      When I do it I just use salt, pepper and garlic.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 3, 2015 2:19 pm  #2387

Hmmm, brussel sprouts cooked together with onion and tomatoes and Indian spices...
Or tossed together with onion and cranberries...
Or cooked quartered with a cubes of pork, in a light marinade made from white yoghurt and chilly....
A delicacy!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 3, 2015 2:30 pm  #2388

My mouth starts watering … 

December 3, 2015 2:51 pm  #2389

Lazarus, is it cheaper for you to go to Copenhagen? They are showing it there! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 3, 2015 6:34 pm  #2390

Here is an update on all the countries getting the special in cinemas so far:

http://finalproblem.tumblr.com/post/134473805155/sherlock-cinema-screenings

December 3, 2015 7:01 pm  #2391

My pal's decided to come with me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 3, 2015 9:03 pm  #2392

I just posted this photo in the "Mark pics" thread. But I would say it has to do with the special (I reckon the extra stuff that's in the cinema version?)

EDIT: is that his Mycroft hair colour or just the lighting???

Last edited by Ivy (December 4, 2015 8:17 am)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

December 3, 2015 10:09 pm  #2393

That is interesting too! Curious to find out what it's about! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 3, 2015 11:32 pm  #2394

SusiGo wrote:

Here is an update on all the countries getting the special in cinemas so far:

http://finalproblem.tumblr.com/post/134473805155/sherlock-cinema-screenings

The cinema at New Plymouth, NZ is listed, but according to their website it's still TBC I'll be gutted if I don't get to see it while I'm in New Zealand, because I definitely would have seen it if I'd been at home!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 3, 2015 11:45 pm  #2395

My fingers are crossed for you! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 4, 2015 2:56 am  #2396

Thanks Phantom!

Oh my goodness, I don't know which thread this belongs in, but it's sort of Victorian Sherlock, so how about I stick it here?*
http://slashscribe.tumblr.com/post/134497337731/threefootroo-wait-wait-wait-i-bought-this-book

*Any suggestions about where I should actually have posted it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 4, 2015 6:38 am  #2397

Dunno, but nice to see it anyway!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 4, 2015 8:39 am  #2398

Just a little article about the Spesh:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 4, 2015 8:53 am  #2399

Oh! Nicey, ukaunz!

(what about the Johnlock-by-and-for-Johnlockers-only-thread ?)

"an opportunity to do it both ways..."? As it doesn't work  for Ben and Martin (not Freebatched), I'll pretend that he said Holmes and Watson. Because I am Johnlocked. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

December 4, 2015 9:06 am  #2400

It has been posted in the Mary thread. 

Board footera