BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 14, 2012 11:22 pm  #21

Re: Activities for the Hiatus

Hiya...I tried running a Sherlock book club on here (the threads are still up) but nobody ever really got into it. I would happily give it another go though, now we've got a few more members and people are suggesting it again.

I'll start a new forum called Sherlock Book Club, and move all the previous topics to there, then we can start new ones within that forum.

The basic premise is that we decide on a story from the canon, then we all go away and read it. We have a deadline by which we have to read it, then we come back and talk about our favourite bits etc. No one particularly needs to run the book club....I'll start a thread where we can discuss what book we'd like next, and then someone just starts the main thread for that book and like Kitty suggested, using the standard canon 4 letter abbreviations.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 15, 2012 12:32 am  #22

veecee wrote:

I'm going to be figuring out how not to wait the extra six months to see it in the US.
Also, watching other British mysteries -- a new Inspector Lewis just started.
And, although it's not the same, watching White Collar.

I  already know how you can see it online before the other countries have a go at it.   (Sorry  my dear  other countries,  but this kitty cannot wait that long.) 

Thanks boss  Sherlock   Sherlock---  you did understand my suggestion of putting a thread up  for EACH  separate canon story,  right?   This way,  we don't post the date  on the thread title,  and newcomers AND  oldies  can post  when they want to,  in each  story thread.   Sure it's a great idea for  posting the date due  (when we all start discussing the stories)  But I personally would like to see that INSIDE the thread and not on the title.

this is a great idea.   I've already  posted over there  too....thanks for finding all the book stories threads.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 7, 2012 6:31 am  #23

I've got another crazy idea for a topic,  but I don't know what to title it as. 

What  one person does,  is post a quote from the series OR  from the canon.   The NEXT  person tries to guess the NEXT line that comes right after  that,  and writes it in his/her post.  After they are declared right or wrong,  then that person posts the next game.   But,  we've got so many quote games going,  I  don't know.  (On the other hand,  what's one more quote game, eh?)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 7, 2012 6:58 am  #24

What about a just canon quote game then? It could go in the It's Canon section. Would it be easier initially to just have people say which work the quote comes from?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 7, 2012 5:18 pm  #25

A canon quotes game is a great idea!

And no I don't think we should say what story it's from because you can easily find it out using google. And maybe whoever puts the next line in should also say which story it's from before posting their own quote.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 11, 2012 5:43 am  #26

No, we can't say where the quote is from--that's the mystery.   Only when ppl GUESS the quote, then they can tell us what story.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

Board footera