BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 18, 2015 12:22 pm  #1

Mentions of Sherlock in other popular media

I started a new thread just so I could post this
http://finalproblem.tumblr.com/post/131384179460/the-simpsons-season-27-episode-2-cue
Of course Lisa is a fan of Sherlock!

Anyone got any more?

Last edited by ukaunz (October 18, 2015 12:22 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 18, 2015 3:04 pm  #2

Re: Mentions of Sherlock in other popular media

Ha ha.  That's cute.  
Unfortunately I don't have any at the moment, but if I do I'll try to remember to post here.

Clueing for looks.

December 1, 2015 2:05 pm  #3

Parks and Recreations has a hilarious scene - pictures here, plus bonus pic 

http://elizabethminkel.com/post/134295056056/instant-oatmeal-isitcoldenoughforpants

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 1, 2015 9:23 pm  #4

Oh cool I don't watch P&R, but that's a good one!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 1, 2015 9:33 pm  #5

I've never watched it, either.  Nice deduction, though.

Clueing for looks.

December 2, 2015 10:13 am  #6

I turned on the tv and Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries was on (I don't usually watch it). Phryne was standing in front of her front door, and you could clearly see the number 221B on the wall. I googled it, and apparently Miss Fisher bought the house at 221 The Esplanade, St Kilda (Melbourne, Australia) and added the "B" as an homage to Sherlock Holmes. A fictional character paying homage to Holmes, I love it

December 2, 2015 11:25 am  #7

Wonderful idea for a thread! I´m sure more mentions will be discovered - Sherlock is popular!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 28, 2017 12:00 am  #8

While browsing my favorite knitting and sewing forum (yes, I do have other hobbies besides Sherlock), I found this. 
https://www.threadandneedles.fr/blog/tricollywood/#c30409    (Just scroll down the page)

It says that the pattern SH is using does exist... Anyone know of it?

Board footera