BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 1, 2015 4:23 am  #1

Brit-pickers and beta-readers for Secret Santa needed

Hi everybody

Last year, some of you volunteered to beta some of the stories handed in for the Secret Santa Fic Exchange.

It would be fantastic if there would be some volunteers again this year. So if you are interested in it, please post a short message here, so the writers can contact you. Writing will start this weekend.

Thank you!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 1, 2015 5:11 am  #2

Re: Brit-pickers and beta-readers for Secret Santa needed

I'm happy to be of service

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 1, 2015 9:05 am  #3

I'm up for it too...

October 2, 2015 4:18 am  #4

Bump.

(Dorothy, that is a lovely offer but being a participant yourself it might spoil the fun if you beta for someone else.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 2, 2015 4:31 am  #5

Schmiezi wrote:

Writing will start this weekend.

Brilliant!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 2, 2015 7:26 am  #6

Schmiezi wrote:

Bump.

(Dorothy, that is a lovely offer but being a participant yourself it might spoil the fun if you beta for someone else.)

Ah ok! Haha you're right, it makes sense. Got too excited, soz 

October 2, 2015 11:17 am  #7

I can beta and (moderately) Britpick. At Holmestice I often combine the writing with betaing and it actually just adds to the fun.

October 5, 2015 6:16 pm  #8

stoertebeker wrote:

I
Question: Are there any more volunteers for beta-reading? I will need someone who can check grammar, spelling and sentence structure of my story. Thank you very much in advance for everybody who can help 

October 5, 2015 9:24 pm  #9

I'm looking forward to helping out

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 6, 2015 5:09 am  #10

Thank you! Someone will surely contact you soon.

Anyone else?

October 6, 2015 6:43 pm  #11

As I said above I'm willing to help anyone. Just PM me here at the forum or over at LJ.

December 2, 2015 12:56 am  #12

Edited.
I need a beta for my Santa Fic, and just realised I'm supposed to PM you :-)
Will do :-)

Last edited by Whisky (December 2, 2015 12:58 am)

"It is what it is."

December 2, 2015 1:02 am  #13

I'm online right now if you need a quick spellcheck beta. I'm not so good at other kinds of feedback, but I'd guess you've pretty much finished your fic now and don't need plot/characterisation suggestions etc

Board footera