BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 17, 2012 2:51 pm  #1

A picture I took of Sherlockian related stuff in my house

Had lots of fun setting this up...see if you can spot all the Sherlockian references (pretty easy). Also, extra points if you can tell me what molecule I've made up on my molecule kit.

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (April 17, 2012 2:53 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 17, 2012 4:02 pm  #2

Re: A picture I took of Sherlockian related stuff in my house

Two Blackberry's? Sherlock's model in the photo and the Curve 9300 to take it, 4 minutes and 6 seconds between photos (To get the jacket into place?), your clock is 10 minutes slow and you need some tutelage on using that poor violin and keeping it in order.

I'd have a go at the molecule but that would just be showing off 

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

April 17, 2012 4:21 pm  #3

Haha, that was pretty good! How did you know what phone I took the pictures with and the time between each photo? And what's wrong with my poor violin?!

April 17, 2012 4:56 pm  #4

Oh he's GOOD! REALLY GOOD!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 17, 2012 5:06 pm  #5

I have stated before SH that what we give away on the internet is often more than we consider it to be.

The images above contain exchangeable image file format (EXIF) data which detail lots of little things about the device which created the photos. These details range from the model of the camera (Or phone), the time the photo was taken and varying levels of technical knowledge about the shutter speed, aperture, flash etc. to geolocation details (Dependent upon camera/phone).

Someone can deduce a lot from a blank photo these days, the model of the cameraphone and when the images were taken let me know that part.

As for your fiddle, it just needs used more. Also perhaps look at how much rosin you put on your bow.

I won't even begin with the wallpaper, direction of light for the time it was in England, the bike, the well polished table top, length of coat, the handwriting on the board or the well framed (Gilded?) painting on the floor.

-m0r

April 17, 2012 6:23 pm  #6

Not bad at all! Or as John would say "that...was amazing." 

April 17, 2012 6:24 pm  #7

Better than piss off I suppose

-m0r

April 18, 2012 2:01 pm  #8

Definitely!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 18, 2012 7:58 pm  #9

m0r1arty wrote:

Two Blackberry's? Sherlock's model in the photo and the Curve 9300 to take it, 4 minutes and 6 seconds between photos (To get the jacket into place?), your clock is 10 minutes slow and you need some tutelage on using that poor violin and keeping it in order.

I'd have a go at the molecule but that would just be showing off 

-m0r

That was good! But how did you get the six seconds I got the 4 minutes and the make of the phone and the fact it was a 2MP camera easy but how did you get it exact to six seconds?

April 18, 2012 8:22 pm  #10

The first image was taken at 15:44:43 and the second at 15:48:49, difference in time between the two is four minutes and six seconds.

Here's an online EXIF data reader if you wish to verify (Or bookmark for future use).

-m0r

April 18, 2012 8:29 pm  #11

It's quite handy to know that kind of stuff!

April 18, 2012 8:41 pm  #12

Ah thank you! I just saved it and then looked at the properties because that sort of information is always saved on the images. I'm sure that link will come in handy for some Sherlocking! It's quicker than my method and more exact. :D

April 20, 2012 4:17 pm  #13

Stupid school should teach the science of deduction! I'm jealous of all of you! =D XD

DI Lestrade: Sherlock we...
Sherlock Holmes: Oh what now? I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket.

April 21, 2012 9:31 pm  #14

Don't be jealous of me because I am, frankly, stupendously rubbish at this sort of thing! Lol

June 4, 2012 6:42 pm  #15

You missed the obvious fact that she's right-handed...

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 4, 2012 6:48 pm  #16

Oh, and where is the second image?

June 5, 2012 8:54 am  #17

Lol, I am indeed right handed. How did you deduce that?

June 5, 2012 11:12 am  #18

Chin rest on the violin.  (Yeah, I know a lot of lefties play violin right-handed, but it sounded like a Sherlock kinda thing!)

August 11, 2012 3:09 am  #19

so what was the molecule thing?  At first I thought it was a solar system type thing.....Oh  I  looked up the props of the pics too but couldnot find the relevant info.   Amazing deductions,  all of yu!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 11, 2012 5:53 pm  #20

It was an amphetamine molecule. 

Board footera