BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 18, 2015 2:14 pm  #1

The Mighty Boosh

I'm having a little crush on Noel Fielding since last Thursday, I have no idea how it happened. I know him because he was in two episodes of QI and I watched some episodes of Never Mind the Buzzcocks, but I couldn't care less about him.

Anyway, I've started to watch The Mighty Boosh and OMG that's so bonkers but in a good way. LOL

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 18, 2015 2:32 pm  #2

Re: The Mighty Boosh

Oh my god, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who remembers this amazing show! And I feel deeply with you regarding your crush for Noel Fielding, it happened to me too because of Boosh.

I've watched a lot of the Mighty Boosh about 7 years ago and have been a huge fan of the TV-Show since then, unfortunately I haven't heard much of the radio shows.
I cannot say I enjoyed every episode of the show, there are some quite disturbing and in my opinion not really funny (f.e. 'The Tale Of The Crack Fox'), but apart from that I just love all the crazyness and the WTF-moments, and the crimps and songs and the characters. Vince and Naboo especially (Naboo is played by Noel Fieldings' brother). And Bollo, of course.
I can see myself watching some of the episodes again tonight. :D

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

November 18, 2015 2:50 pm  #3

One is never alone with a crush, let me virtually hug you

----------

November 18, 2015 5:59 pm  #4

Oh I've always liked him!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 19, 2015 10:08 pm  #5

Ivy wrote:

One is never alone with a crush, let me virtually hug you

And let me virtually hug you back! :D
Hehe, especially in this very board I reckon. ;)

How far are you with the episodes? And what do you think about them now?

Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

November 20, 2015 8:31 am  #6

Not far, still in first series, but it's totally crazy. I also catch up on NMTB because of Noel. I just watched it every once in a while. There will be rainy and dark days in the next weeks, so there will be time to watch more epsides of TMB.
I still don't know what triggered my crush *LOL* 
I realised every man should wear eyeline at times, it totally rocks.

----------

November 20, 2015 10:46 am  #7

"Come with us now on a journey through time and space. To the world of the Mighty Boosh."
It is, isn't it? It's something one simply cannot imagine that anyone would come up with something like that but those two did. :D Have fun with the rest!
Oh, I've got to watch more of Never Mind The Buzzocks, the ones with Noel I've seen were brilliant!

Mmh, maybe it helps if I tell you what it was with me: His looks, his eyes, his humour and of course his hair. ;)
And oh god yes, men with eyeliners... *swoon*

Andrew Scott

Captain Martin Crieff

November 20, 2015 12:07 pm  #8

Yes I see that now , but I knew him before and it didn't happen anyhing with me.
I love that he's so quick-witted, I'm laughing my ass of at NMTB, and he is silly, that could be a bit tiring if you have him around for 24/7 but generally I like it. I prefer his hair shorter, about chin length.
I also watched the episodes of "Big Fat Quiz..." when he was there. He was at his cutest in the episode about the Noughties.

that's my favourite hat ever!!!

And I love men who are sure of who they are, he is doing what makes him happy and he's sure of his sexuality. He has no problem to flirt or kiss another man, because gender doesn't matter, he he's a free spirit and that is a good role model for everyone who is unsure of him/-herself. And alone for that I adore him immensely.

I like that quote of him:
For his part Fielding isn’t sure his world view is particularly bizarre and says Barratt felt that even more strongly. “Julian hated the word surreal. He said what is that? He didn’t like it when people say you must have taken drugs to come up with that. Drugs don’t make anything good. They have never helped the process. It’s the worst thing ever. I’ve never needed them, really. Dali never took drugs. He said, ‘I am drugs’. It’s like in Asterix when Obelix is not allowed magic potion because he fell into the cauldron when he was a baby and is super strong already. I fell into the LSD cauldron when I was a baby. If I take drugs I’m really boring. You won’t get anywhere if you don’t treat it like a proper job.” 

----------

November 21, 2015 4:54 pm  #9

Very well said, I think that's something that can't be enough pointed out because it's something very important. As long as you are at ease with who you are you are free to do anything you like and that's something that makes you automatically very appealing to others. It's something very beautiful and I think that Noel has this self-consciousness. And even if he's often struggeling about himself (f.e. because of addictions etc.) he's still a very free and strong spirit. And his quick wit that you mentioned is of course helping. I love that too. He and Russell Brand together in one room and something starts that can't be controlled. :D

What I love about the Mighty Boosh, to not only talk about Noel, is the different characters the two or three people (Rich Fulcher plays many people too - but especially Bob Fossil, expert in naming animals *lol*) play. It's really amazing. I once went through the list of characters and was sometimes really baffled to learn who's behind which character. They're doing a great job with that.

Andrew Scott

Captain Martin Crieff

Board footera