BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 3, 2012 12:58 pm  #21

Re: Sherlock Fan Fiction Discussion

Wholocked wrote:

Alone on the Water is basically a fandom staple required reading on Tumblr.

It's a bit Johnlocky but it's worth reading. VERY sad though!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! WHY would you say that?! WHY?!! BAD Wholocked! Bad bad bad!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Fantastic."
Sherlock: "Meretricious."
Lestrade: "And happy new year."

"Oh, but we both know that's not quite true"

July 3, 2012 1:17 pm  #22

Wholocked wrote:

You then need to find the clip in YouTube that sets the story to the Christina Perri song "I've Loved You For A thousand Years", Be warned, even the coldest heart will need a box of tissues, it will absolutely slay you. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 3, 2012 1:34 pm  #23

hepzibah wrote:

Wholocked wrote:

You then need to find the clip in YouTube that sets the story to the Christina Perri song "I've Loved You For A thousand Years", Be warned, even the coldest heart will need a box of tissues, it will absolutely slay you. 

Oh, this video really killed me  . Once again sat crying in front of the computer (like when watching "Third Star").

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 18, 2012 12:22 pm  #24

Are we talking the 'sherlock/john || thousand years' video? Just wondering as there might be several versions?

July 18, 2012 12:32 pm  #25

Yes, there's more than one. Seems to be a popular song for such videos.

That's the one made for the fanfic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEA-B1QNplQ

And this is another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl9vD1uwwo

And this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK1cJQnhWUY

And I know at least one for the Downey/Law films.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 18, 2012 12:39 pm  #26

It is the clip by deductism. It is so moving and touching that I can only watch it occasionally as it kills me every time

.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEA-B1QNplQ

I read fanfic on Archive of Our Own, or AO3, which, for me, has an easier format.
Mad_Lori, who wrote Alone on the Water, also wrote another brilliant story, Performance in a Leading Role, which I recommend to any one I can. Beware, though, it does contain our boys doing naughty things to each other, so if that ideas offends, get over it, no, I mean, avoid it!

Last edited by hepzibah (July 18, 2012 12:40 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 18, 2012 12:51 pm  #27

Oh, I'll have a look at the one you just mentioned. I also liked this one very much. It's strictly friendship, no slash, but quite intense.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7756491/1/Tears_Of_the_Violinist

July 18, 2012 1:01 pm  #28

.. anyone figured out how to read it as one page instead of in chapters?

August 10, 2012 9:19 am  #29

I don't find much interest in fan fic on this forum. Where is a good place to go and discuss? I am mostly interested in John/Sherlock slash, but a good discussion about gen fic would be okay with me, too. I started a thread about Johnlock recs, but it's been ignored since I put it up a couple of days ago (except for dear Sherli, who said she was glad I started it).  I wish I knew where I could go (someplace besides Tumblr, which I don't enjoy much) to find like-minded rabid fan fic folks in this fandom. Any ideas?  Thx.

Board footera