BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 13, 2015 10:28 pm  #2301

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

KeepersPrice wrote:

Speaking of BAMFier John....I'm conflicted. There's a little part of me that misses the John we first met in ASiP. Those opening scenes in his bedsit where he seemed so lost and lonely always breaks my heart. There was a sad sweetness, almost a vulnerability, about him that was very appealing and made his "rescue" by meeting up with Sherlock that much more brilliant. But of course, just as Sherlock's character is growing, so must John's. I'm open for new directions just as long as the boys stay together and continue to compliment each other.

Actually, John was BAMFier in S1 and S2, IMHO. He didn´t need strong words, he never boasted about himself, he showed his vulnerability openly... but when badass action was needed, he was immediately ready for it. He shot the poisoner-cabbie without a flinch, he cold-bloodedly shot the Hound in Dewer´s Hollow even under the influence of the paralysing gas, he jumped at Moriarty by the pool and disregarded the fact that he could die in Semtex blast.... the big boasts were useless because the big acts were there.

Boasting that he could break bones while naming them doesn´t enhance John´s BAMF-ness, just the opposite, it makes him look like an immature teenager making strong arms at his friends... and it´s the opposite of his character as it was introduced to us....

Last edited by nakahara (November 13, 2015 10:29 pm)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 13, 2015 10:30 pm  #2302

I like to think he's having a wee joke.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 16, 2015 8:03 am  #2303

SusiGo wrote:

It seems to be official now - no special in German cinemas, no airdate close to UK/US. The reason seems to be that the cinema release of the special depends on the TV broadcast. And since our broadcaster is obviously unable to buy and dub the special in time for January, in Germany we will get nothing. (Of course there is streaming but still …) 

http://sherlock-de.com/2015/11/13/special-nicht-in-d-a-ch-kinos/

Doesn't surprise me at all. God is that lame.

Are there people from France, Spain etc. here? Do you have airdates yet?

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 16, 2015 8:09 am  #2304

I read somewhere that in Finland it will be shown in cinemas. So far I have not seen any information for any other European country except UK, Ireland and Finland. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 16, 2015 9:18 am  #2305

I have just written to the Danish channel on FB...
So far I've had good luck with getting stuff out of them. A girl from their online team seems to like me after a Doctor Who competition where I gave the longest geekiest answers and despite me not winning, she took time to write to me personally. 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (November 16, 2015 9:20 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 16, 2015 9:32 am  #2306

So I just heard back from my no. 1 hope here in Stockholm Sweden and it's no good news They will not be able to show it cuz they can't get the rights for it *sad trombone* And yes indeed (!!), stop calling it world wide when it's not in fact WORLD WIDE! I mean, I will be streaming it anyway but it would have been great with the cinema experience too!

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

November 16, 2015 9:48 am  #2307

That's the same that the Danish Sherlockians have been told... the cinema's really want to show it, but can't get the rights... 

It frustrates me, especially because they claim that it will have stuff in it that will only be shown at the cinema screenings. It's unfair! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 16, 2015 12:17 pm  #2308

Very unfair!  If it's impossible for some countries to get the rights to show it it, stop calling it world wide! I just hope the extra stuff gets released later on or maybe gets included on the dvd/bluray...

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

November 16, 2015 2:53 pm  #2309

So I just heard back from a friend who contacted our public tv network here in sweden (where Sherlock's been shown before) and as it is now, we may not even get TAB on TV. I'm freakin' bummed you guys!! I don't get it!

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

November 16, 2015 2:58 pm  #2310

Very sad to hear that. Our German broadcaster informed me that so far they do not know when and if the special will air on TV. I cannot believe they will not show it and then continue with series 4 as if nothing had happened. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 16, 2015 3:04 pm  #2311

I know, that's what I've been thinking too! They showed all three seasons, even re-runs a while back, so they have the audience. I thought this was a no brainer! Holidays, people at home, hit series, new awaited material after 2 years...I mean come on!! Do the maths! 

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

November 16, 2015 3:05 pm  #2312

I wonder who lost control on twitter then.
When they posted it enthusiastically.... the German broadcaster...

Last edited by gently69 (November 16, 2015 3:07 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 16, 2015 3:07 pm  #2313

No idea. They posted a date and a time before the BBC had announced theirs. And one day later backpedalled. Very, very strange. 

November 16, 2015 3:10 pm  #2314

Indeed! 

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

November 16, 2015 3:15 pm  #2315

Perhaps it was trainee, totally convinced of a screening of the special.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

November 16, 2015 3:30 pm  #2316

SusiGo wrote:

Very sad to hear that. Our German broadcaster informed me that so far they do not know when and if the special will air on TV. I cannot believe they will not show it and then continue with series 4 as if nothing had happened. 

Didn't "Cinema" said in their mag it will be on air in late January? I wonder where they got that information.

----------

November 16, 2015 3:32 pm  #2317

Either a poor intern lost his/her job or someone got a good spanking by the BBC.

----------

November 16, 2015 3:48 pm  #2318

Ivy wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Didn't "Cinema" said in their mag it will be on air in late January? I wonder where they got that information.

Back and forth... that's sooo annoying!!!

(Tony Hadley)

November 16, 2015 5:08 pm  #2319

So...update ;) Apparently the contact at the network screwed up a bit and we will get TAB after all. BUT...not untill the end of January =/ I mean, a week after sure...but almost a month? Nuh uh.

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

November 16, 2015 9:26 pm  #2320

The Danish channel answered me earlier today that they sadly couldn't promise anything... They just now wrote back; they will definately be airing it!!!

No news of a date yet though... but YAY!

I love that girl who works there, she seemed very excited herself!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera