BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 19, 2012 6:59 pm  #81

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Whenever somebody says a word beginning with "Sh" you think they're saying "Sherlock". For example..."do you take sugar?" becomes "do you take Sherlock?" (I'm like, "yes, obviously")

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 23, 2012 2:56 pm  #82

I have he ultimate post for this thread.

I only recently moved back to an area that I lived i for some 14 years (my kids grew up here).
So, being single , I started going out to 'clubs' rather than pubs/bars etc because I have lost touch with all my friends from here.
Anyway, a group of us were sitting around listening to the band, when they took a break.
At that time, my daughter rang me..........

guess the next line ........

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 23, 2012 3:13 pm  #83

...your "Staying Alive" ringtone went off and you said "mind if I get that?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 23, 2012 3:17 pm  #84

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

When you start wearing a dressing gown round the house...

Or a sheet...

Haha, I'm always trying to think like Sherlock and observe people, but I usually get frustrated because I know I'm not half as clever as him. ;P I also have this awesome blue cashmere scarf that I love to wear all the time (I always wear it like Sherlock XD ), even when it is boiling outside... And it usually is, I live down south. ;( So I end up toasting under my cozy scarf and eventually have to take it off so I don't ruin it with sweat. Curse the south and its detestable heat! I want to live in London! X(

Here's another one: When you "roleplay" in your mind pretending you are either Sherlock or John and your friend is the other. And your friend keeps looking at you weirdly and eventually asks "Why are you acting so strange today?". Haha. XD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T PANIC

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - A.C. Doyle

March 23, 2012 3:19 pm  #85

42_and_221B wrote:

Here's another one: When you "roleplay" in your mind pretending you are either Sherlock or John and your friend is the other. And your friend keeps looking at you weirdly and eventually asks "Why are you acting so strange today?". Haha. XD

YES! Every day of my life...

March 23, 2012 3:28 pm  #86

@Sherlock Holmes, I knew I couldn't be the only one! ;D I'm just waiting for the day when I run into someone and they totally understand who I'm channeling. XD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T PANIC

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - A.C. Doyle

March 23, 2012 3:56 pm  #87

42_and_221B : same here, I can't wear coat/scarf, because people will talk "why are you wearing those outfit? are cold?" (i live in tropical country...)

found : "Holmes" in bio-chem book, and suddenly I think Sherlock maybe research this one.. (but of course it is someone else)

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

March 23, 2012 4:14 pm  #88

@theCuriousOne, Yeah, that's pretty much what everyone says to me, haha. ;D I do love where I live, I just wish it were more coat and scarf friendly. ;)

Another one: When you imagine (while walking around in the mall) what you would do if you saw Martin Freeman in the crowd. After pondering it carefully, I decided I would "accidentally" bump into him and then act like I had no idea who he was (while apologizing profusely for being so clumsy) and then quote Sherlock (the character) and walk away quickly, hahaha. Yes, I am pathetic.

I didn't even bother thinking about what I would do if I saw Benedict Cumberbatch. I'd probably just faint haha.

DON'T PANIC

March 23, 2012 4:32 pm  #89

LOL, that's true.. if we meet Martin we still have any courage to "bump" or even say hi.. but Benedict, yes, we are fainted or even we don't I doubt we can say something clearly.

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

March 23, 2012 5:31 pm  #90

If I ever met Benedict, I would have to gag him (I believe that's the correct word) in order not to faint. I would be lost in the precise moment he opened his mouth to say anything. I wouldn't faint, I think I'd be hyptonised and I'd look absolutely stupid 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

March 24, 2012 12:20 am  #91

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

...your "Staying Alive" ringtone went off and you said "mind if I get that?"

Close!
Yep Staying Alive blared out across the room while I fumbled for my phone.
I had a few 'funny' looks and as I was talking I spied this guy looking at me with a big grin on his face. As I finished my call he walked past, stopped turned and said "Brilliant ring tone, lucky we're not on a rooftop huh?" .. then walked away.

I thin I'll pop in there next week & see if he's there again.
Should I get my daughter to text me then????

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 24, 2012 1:52 am  #92

That's an awesome story!! I would love it if that happened....

Do you have the Irene Adler text tone? That can be kind of awkward in social situations with people unfamiliar with Sherlock, lol!!

March 24, 2012 3:08 am  #93

Oh yes, that's why I want a text message!
I think it'd be funny if they didn't know what it was all about. I'd just keep sending texts back & forth and move to different spots all night to watch people's reactions.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 26, 2012 9:43 pm  #94

OK so you know you're obsessed with Sherlock...

Whenever you're running anywhere you imagine yourself chasing a murderous cabbie and can hear epic music playing in your head.
( I did this today!)

March 28, 2012 5:30 am  #95

- When your friends, family and bf know that they can't talk to you if it's not about SH.
- When you keep making Sherlock cosplay, even though you are a girl.
- When your girly cosplay includes a lock shaped earing, so you can be "Sherlocked" and "no one seems to get the joke, but you do"
- When you get a pink case for your iPhone.
- When you consider taking violin classes.
- When you excuse yourself saying "it's not my division"
- When they should see you in a crown.
- When you make Sherlock related jokes no one gets and laugh histerically to yourself.
- When trying to cook you tell your food experiment "I WILL BURN YOU"
- When you solve the SH website encripted messages, learn them and to use them.
- When you change your Facebook to pink just to post a cute "Study in Pink" cover photo, which doesn't get a single like - and you accidentally all Firefox scripts.
- When they keep lowering the IQ of the entire street, class, office, building, you name it.
- When, just because you work in the media and Sherlock said it, start wearing more pink.
- When you reach number three in the Miso leaderboard, and keep trying to beat stupid Sasa.
- When you join a forum full of sherlockians who will accept you and understand you <3

TR00 STORIES OF MY LIFE.

When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

March 28, 2012 11:28 am  #96

When you phone up to renew your car insurance with an Irish company and the whole time the guy on the other end of the phone is talking all you can think about is Jim Moriarty / Andrw Scott!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 28, 2012 12:53 pm  #97

Haha, imagine Moriarty trying to sell you insurance...I should imagine he'd be very persuasive.

March 28, 2012 1:50 pm  #98

I kept thinking of the poor old blind woman saying 'his voice was so soft' boom! It's such a lovely accent though. I just kept saying soppy things like, 'that's fine', 'lovely' and must have sounded like a complete airhead! Lol

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 10, 2012 2:12 pm  #99

It might not apply to some of you 'cos' I’m 13 but:

You drag your friend to the church to see if anyone got murdered recently
You start calling a friend John Watson and convince him your Sherlock Holmes
You take up a strings instrument
You call your pets "Sherlock" "John/Watson" "Moriarty" "Mycroft" "Irene" "Hudson" or something along those lines
You sniff everything just to be sure it’s safe (I was doing it last night and my mum was just staring at me!)
You consider becoming a consulting detective when you grow up (I am, again. I'm 13!)

- Y.S.H   

DI Lestrade: Sherlock we...
Sherlock Holmes: Oh what now? I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket.

April 10, 2012 6:15 pm  #100

Don't worry, I want to be a consulting detective when I grow up, and I'm 25. 

Board footera