BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 11, 2015 5:45 pm  #1

HELP. IOU PROP

hey sherlock fans, i am cosplaying as JIm Moriarty in the Comicon near me. i need help and ideas on how to amke an IOU apple without a real apple or knife(as they are not allowed in the conventions). pls help ASAP. 
btw, i could do paper mache or even use M-seal.
thank you

-Jim Moriarty,
Consulting Criminal Mastermind

November 11, 2015 5:51 pm  #2

November 11, 2015 5:54 pm  #3

Re: HELP. IOU PROP

In response to your question, why not make one out of clay?  It would be easy to make the necessary "cuts" and indentation.

If I were doing this, I would create the apple shape using the color of the inside of the apple (with necessary indentations).  Then I'd create a thin red sheet of clay and wrap it around the outside, cutting out the portions that are supposed to be missing.  Then throw it in the oven for a little bit and you have yourself a prop.

November 11, 2015 7:12 pm  #4

DO YOU HAVE TO SPAM US? Even per pn! 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 11, 2015 7:59 pm  #5

The Extreme Crafters made one for the Three Patch Podcast, you can listen to the instructions here:
http://www.three-patch.com/2013/03/02/episode-3-moriarty-march-madness/#more-425

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 12, 2015 11:37 am  #6

THANK YOU ALL. IM SORRY THAT I UPLOADED THE QUESTION ON MANY THREADS. I DIDNT KNOW HOW TO USE THE SITE, AS I AM NEW. THANKS AGAIN

-Jim Moriarty,

November 12, 2015 7:58 pm  #7

Writing in all caps is generally a no-no in forums too. It's like you're shouting at us.

Hope your apple prop goes well, and you have fun at the Comicon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 12, 2015 11:02 pm  #8

Well, a shouted Thank You is still nice, though 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 13, 2015 12:47 am  #9

True

November 13, 2015 9:35 am  #10

thank you for your help. from now i will refrain from using caps because of ukaunz request. my prop is almost complete and i will post pics soon. 

-Jim Moriarty,

November 15, 2015 7:46 pm  #11

Sorry for the OT but, from now on they will not use caps.
We have witnessed the rise of
theimprobableone.

Last edited by Ho Yay (November 15, 2015 7:47 pm)

November 16, 2015 4:39 am  #12

Well spotted, Ho Yay

December 9, 2015 5:26 am  #13

thank you all for your help. i have completed my prop using paper mache. to obtain red color, i used lipstick and am using a broken knife hilt too. it looks awesome. i am ready to go on the 20th, and look forward to showing it off. thank u once again\\

btw- if u want pics, tell me and i will put them all.

-Jim Moriarty,

December 13, 2015 6:54 pm  #14

Have fun! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera