BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 25, 2015 2:31 am  #301

Re: What are you doing?

What  am I doing?

Dan and I just got back from our trip to Australia.  We have been gone since Sept.1st. 

We had a absolutely wonderful time.  Great country to see, lovely, generous, people to talk to and delicious food at every turn. 

We saw so many roos and wallabies, and travelled thousands of kilometres - by boat, by train, by van and even by camel! 

We got to see Cate Blanchett on stage (she was just stunning), went to a gobsmacking concert with over 300 singers from three choirs and the Sydney Symphony Orchestra play in the Opera House. 

We had a gourmet meal in The Quay restaurant, but also had an open fire breakie around a campfire in the outback. 

I climbed mountains. boated down gorges, swam at Bondi Beach, saw dingos in the wild, held a fuzzy koala, stroked the soft ears of a kangaroo and got instructions on how to throw a boomerang. 

It was unbelievable! 

But it was also good to finally make our way back home. 

Now we have to get over the jet lag, buy some groceries (and do some laundry) and put our photo albums together.

I'll always feel that Australia is a part of me from now on.

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

September 25, 2015 7:40 am  #302

WOW, sounds like you had a dream of a journey,Ah-chie!! Happy to hear that! And welcome back! 

I have just cleared the plates away from my breakfast... I made perfect poached eggs for the first time in a long while (even if I cheat...) Sadly I don't have any ham so I could make Eggs Benedict. 

Last week I got these truly free-range eggs... they are from this house close to my mum's aunts home who keeps hens. They taste so much better than those you find in the super market and is almost half price. 
Sadly, living in a big city I don't have the option to find something similar here, so I am happy I managed to get some of those. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 25, 2015 6:36 pm  #303

You are right about the truly, properly free range eggs! They look and taste very different. Far superior!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 27, 2015 7:40 pm  #304

I'm just full of energy, good mood and lots of oxygen right now.
We just had a most wonderful concert with the choir and sang the great mass in c-minor by W. A. Mozart. It went just great.  Even a couple of pieces that were awful in yesterday's main rehearsal were just great today. 
It's a great piece, it was never fulfilled by Mozart. Duration is approximately an hour, so not to long to follow.
Parts of it (Kyrie, Qui toll is) might be known from the Foreman movie "Amadeus".

Last edited by mrshouse (September 27, 2015 7:41 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

September 27, 2015 8:04 pm  #305

That sounds like a good experience, mrshouse! I didn't know you were part of a choir.  That's cool!

Clueing for looks.

September 27, 2015 8:08 pm  #306

Congratulations on the concert, mrshouse!! 

Probably not the biggest thing in the world... but I FINALLY got around to arrange my tea. I got a lot of really good tea for my Birthday in february but I never even opened the boxes and I've just been moving them around since. 

I don't really drink tea in the summer time, it's this weird idea I have gotten in my head... 

But I've just got the brilliant idea to sort all of my teabags in some tins I've also just been moving around. I'm a bit OCD and I just feel really happy now! All bags of one sort is put one way, the others of another taste but same type of bag turned the opposite direction... and the chai teas in another tin. 

Recently I've actually gotten to organize a lot of my stuff, since I started drinking coffee every day I actually get stuff like that done! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 28, 2015 4:22 am  #307

That sounds lovely, mrshouse. I deeply admire people who can sing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 21, 2015 9:10 pm  #308

I just cleaned off my Halloween makeup... I've never really worked with facepaint before so I had to do some roadtesting, also to see if I was allergic like I was as a kid. 

So I left the makeup on for a while to see how it felt, and I couldn't feel a thing so I actually forgot about it. 
I had to go to the bathroom and had a fright when I looked in the mirror. Good thing I didn't go outside! 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (October 21, 2015 9:11 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

October 22, 2015 5:30 am  #309

Just got up after being awake for 4 hours, listening to the howling gale outside...everything in the house is creaking and rattling!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 27, 2015 7:06 pm  #310

I'm going nuts over something as silly as my Halloween costume, Ophelia's drowned ghost... 

I'm down to the last and finest details... the nails and earrings... 

I have a set of earrings with black skulls in a crown, or I have a pale rose...

As for the nails... it's either silvery white, or the same colour, but with different shades of green tinsel... 

With the nails I'm leaning towards adding the green stuff, as it could give a nice effect... but the earrings are really bothering me... My costume includes so many flowers already... and.. well the skull could have been a token from Hamlet... 

I might scrap it all, lol. And go as the Abominable Bride instead... I found my huge white hat the other day... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

October 31, 2015 12:30 pm  #311

How did your costume go, Phantom?

I was cleaning out a cupboard a couple of days ago and found a bag of old lace curtains and I thought to myself that they'd make a perfect Abominable Bridal veil if I was going to a fancy dress party.

I've just finished watching a live recording of The Rocky Horror Picture Show (link has the cast list but the wrong photo) on tv. What a great show to watch on a Halloween night!

Last edited by ukaunz (October 31, 2015 12:34 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 31, 2015 12:34 pm  #312

Love that film!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 31, 2015 3:03 pm  #313

I will be watching Rocky Horror later today as well.  If it's like what they did last year on campus, we'll get to shout the callbacks.  Last year I was sick on Halloween and my sore throat made that difficult to do, but this year I'm feeling fine so I'm sure it'll be more fun.

Clueing for looks.

November 1, 2015 3:38 am  #314

I was folding the clean laundry and I found a bee attached to a jumper. Unfortunately it was already dead, I was so disappointed that I couldn't try Martin's trick of reviving it with honey

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 1, 2015 10:24 pm  #315

Rocky Horror is amazing!!

And awh poor bee. I'm terrified of wasps, but I'm passionate about saving the bees!

I'm currently on my way home from spending the weekend with my best friend. I helped her prepare and cook for the Halloween party she had that night. We had so much fun and went on a sort of pup-crawl... I went along despite not being able to drink and I had so much fun.

No one understood my costume but I didn't count on it either. One party of guys even thought I was out on a hen-night...

But I had fun regardless... especially despite idiots mocking us for even being on costume.

But ah well. We had a blast. And it was fun to let people guess and then have to explain who Ophelia even was...

And tonight I took my best friend to see Hamlet at the cinema. It was such a selfish birthday present I gave her. Lol.

I'm in a lot of pain now though... sleeping on a couch and then all the damn stairs at the cinema. It was on the top floor and I can't handle stairs with my sick back and hips.

I joked it off at the cinema though... my friend started to complain that there were no lifts... and she's right though. What if you're in a wheelchair?

I've gotten a bit of a harsh humor lately. I guess that comes from dating someone handicapped who also helps handicapped children... and I said with a laugh
"Come on. If you really wanted to see the film you just have to crawl the stairs... else you're not trying hard enough!"

Some old ladies scoffed at that and didn't see I was joking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 1, 2015 11:32 pm  #316

Sorry to hear about the uncomfortable experiences.  Did your friend enjoy Hamlet, at least?

Clueing for looks.

November 1, 2015 11:38 pm  #317

She loved it! But I knew she would. She's ways been a huge fan of Shakespeare and I've dragged her into my Benadiction too.

I'm home in bed now. My back hurts worse than ever (sorry might be more appropriate in the ranting thread)... but I have no regrets.

I had an amazing weekend!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 6, 2015 5:59 pm  #318

A scientific and medical experience!

Though I bet Sherlock would not approve...

My back always hurt like hell when I cook... so just as a test I've put on my pink heels to see if the height and change in stature will make a difference...

I doubt it, and I worry I'll fall on my face soon...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 6, 2015 6:21 pm  #319

I'm catching up on Doctor Who!

November 6, 2015 7:06 pm  #320

I'm preparing for tonight's episode... Denmark has only made it to Episode 3! 

I'm making tea in my TARDIS teapot and serving Jammie Dodgers and Jelly Babies I got in London! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera