BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 5, 2015 3:33 pm  #2221

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

I wonder if people will be dressing in costume for the theater.  I can imagine the fandom doing so, buncha nerds 

Last edited by Magingus (November 5, 2015 3:33 pm)

November 5, 2015 5:07 pm  #2222

Everybody here bought a ticket ?

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

November 5, 2015 5:09 pm  #2223

Magingus wrote:

I wonder if people will be dressing in costume for the theater.  I can imagine the fandom doing so, buncha nerds 

I definitely thought I'd do it. Now, the question remains : Victorian dress or a (modern, worn at a wedding) suit?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

November 5, 2015 5:30 pm  #2224

´*sigh* still no news for Denmark, so no ticket for me as of yet... 

But if I did go I could consider dressing up... at least I'll wear my long black coat and blue scarf. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 5, 2015 7:02 pm  #2225

Gosh, I may stretch to a Sherlock badge and t shirt!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 5, 2015 9:29 pm  #2226

Magingus wrote:

Russell wrote:

Magingus wrote:

Any news on the American front?  All I can find is that the locations will be posted the same day tickets go on sale (Nov 6).  I'd like to know where it's playing ahead of time so I can plan accordingly, but it doesn't look like this is a possibility.

Geez... I know!!! You're talking about the Fathom Events website, right? Since that's the one I heard was 'handling' it. And ok, awesome, I'm happy we're getting it (neat parallel, it probably didn't hurt that the networks worked together and the Doctor Who theater thing was such a hit, to pave the way for this, perhaps), and so maybe good chances there will still be a good number of cities, but still. Was also thinking it would be nice to know if I need to make sure to check the site early that day for a nearby city that also showed DW, or to not worry or bother, since no one here 'got with the program' so to speak.

Yes, I believe it's only available through the Fathom site.  I hope, if it's playing near enough to me, that it's not sold out by the time I wake up!

*crosses all fingers*   Tomorrow!  Tomorrow!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 6, 2015 1:40 pm  #2227

Aaahhhh - short but epic! "You'll do."  And the pen throw! And Mike! And what does Sherlock need John's reflexes for? This makes my heart sing. 

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/AAil/sherlock-the-abominable-bride-fathom-events-promo-movie-trailer

Last edited by SusiGo (November 6, 2015 1:52 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 6, 2015 2:00 pm  #2228

I GOT MY TICKETS
I GOT MY TICKETS
I GOT MY TICKETS

*thud*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 6, 2015 2:06 pm  #2229

Congrats! 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 6, 2015 2:13 pm  #2230

Well done tonnaree!

I got a list of local theaters that should be playing the Special, but none are yet offering tickets.

I tried to call one, but got a "due to high call volume..." message.  This does not bode well.

November 6, 2015 2:18 pm  #2231

Magingus wrote:

Well done tonnaree!

I got a list of local theaters that should be playing the Special, but none are yet offering tickets.

I tried to call one, but got a "due to high call volume..." message.  This does not bode well.

Got mine online Magingus.  Where do you live?  
It's always seemed easier to go through the Fathom Events website.

Last edited by tonnaree (November 6, 2015 2:19 pm)

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

November 6, 2015 2:18 pm  #2232

Congrats tonnaree!!

I'm still hoping for Denmark... slightly losing hope and preparing to live with that... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 6, 2015 2:22 pm  #2233

tonnaree wrote:

Magingus wrote:

Well done tonnaree!

East coast of 'merica.  When I try to purchase on the Fathom Events website, and select a participating location, it just leads to another site (fandango) that says there are currently no showtimes.

November 6, 2015 2:41 pm  #2234

Magingus wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Magingus wrote:

Well done tonnaree!

East coast of 'merica.  When I try to purchase on the Fathom Events website, and select a participating location, it just leads to another site (fandango) that says there are currently no showtimes.

Well, it does send you to Fandango to actually make the purchase, but it's weird that you're not getting any showtimes.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

November 6, 2015 2:45 pm  #2235

That new trailer... I can't get over Sherlock's look when he goes "You'll do"

My god. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 6, 2015 2:47 pm  #2236

Deaded. 

November 6, 2015 2:52 pm  #2237

tonnaree wrote:

Well, it does send you to Fandango to actually make the purchase, but it's weird that you're not getting any showtimes.

Some theaters are probably not going to sell tickets for a while.  Others are selling, but they're a little too far out from my area.

We signed up for email alerts, so we'll see what happens.

November 6, 2015 2:52 pm  #2238

Let's pretend I didn't watch it more than 10 times in a row... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 6, 2015 2:54 pm  #2239

Complete list of theates in America showing the special.

http://www.fathomevents.com/event/523/theaters

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

November 6, 2015 3:20 pm  #2240

That video was pretty short, but it got me excited.  Does anybody else think that the tossing of the baton/walking stick (I don't know the proper name for it) is a parallel to the pen toss? That's what it seems like to me.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera