BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 31, 2015 6:59 pm  #1

Variety article Oct. 31/15: looking over Ben's theatre career

Here's a concise look at Ben's theatre career done on the eve of the closing run of Hamlet.

http://variety.com/2015/legit/news/benedict-cumberbatch-sherlock-hamlet-1201624607/
Lovely look at BC theatrical resume. 

What a run it has been!  And now he is on to Dr. Strange and the fourth season of Sherlock.  Hopefully Benedict will pencil (and later "ink") in some more theatre work in the future.  To me, he was born for the stage and seems to thrive on the process (at least I surmise this after watching that lengthy interview on Sky Arts' South Bank Show).

The man is an acting force to be reckoned with for sure!

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

October 31, 2015 10:56 pm  #2

Re: Variety article Oct. 31/15: looking over Ben's theatre career

Thank you for sharing that, Val!

It really is a shame that I didn't know about his acting career before BBC Sherlock -yes, I've catched up with his roles in films and TV series (except for War Horse, for some reason)...but I've yet to catch up with his acting on stage. Hopefully I'll get to see Frankenstein (both versions) some day. In the meantime, I'll just visit the memories of a fantastic Hamlet and wait for his next venue -after he takes some well-deserved rest!

Last edited by Lilythiell (November 1, 2015 10:03 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

November 1, 2015 1:13 am  #3

I feel the same way... And I was living in London for two years and could have gone to see him on stage if only I had known! And I will probably never get that chance again (unless he brings a play to Australia, and even then I would probably have to go to Sydney to see it)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 1, 2015 8:46 am  #4

Yep, unfortunately we all have to start our relationship with Benedict, somewhere in his career...
I go to London twice a year now, but this didn't start til the year after Frankenstein!
Still, seeing him has Hamlet will be hard to beat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera