BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 15, 2015 6:48 pm  #1861

Re: Free Rants

God Titania that's awful.
I am so sorry for your loss.
Have a virtual hug.
Do you have somebody there to support you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 15, 2015 6:55 pm  #1862

my family is here but i'm in denial and i can't believe her death ... it's just too  fresh

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

October 15, 2015 7:00 pm  #1863

It must be awful...
I do hope you feel better soon.
You will always miss her, but hopefully will start to remember the good times.
Look after yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 15, 2015 7:30 pm  #1864

I am so sorry for your loss Titania, that is so horrible. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 15, 2015 8:02 pm  #1865

I am very sad to hear that and hope that your family will be able to give you at least some comfort in this terrible situation. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 15, 2015 9:38 pm  #1866

Titania wrote:

I need to scream, to cry and I'm sorry but I'm doing it here on my favourite forum: tonight I stayed with a favourite aunt of mine, one I was really close to, while she had an heart attack.... she didn't survive it and I'm not sure it has really sunk into that I will never see her again. She died 3 hours ago and i'm in limbo right now
Life sucks right now

Breathe honey and take it one moment at a time.  If you need to scream, go outside and scream.  If you need to cry, cry.  Just know that you are not alone and that there are lots of people you can talk to if you need.

Sending you lots of love.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 15, 2015 11:14 pm  #1867

I can only imagine how tough an experience you're going thorugh.  I've had family members die, but never while I was with them.  I'm sorry you had to go through that.  If you feel like you need to scream or cry, find a place you can.  But if you ever feel like you don't feel as sad as you should, don't be.  Everyone reacts differently and there's nothing wrong with your reaciton.

Clueing for looks.

October 16, 2015 7:00 am  #1868

So sad for you loss, Titania.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 16, 2015 9:18 pm  #1869

I am very sorry for your loss, Titania. I hope, you have a lot of people around you to support you. Stay strong.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

October 19, 2015 5:26 pm  #1870

So sorry for being late but also from me a heartfelt sorry for your loss, Titania.
Sending strengths all your way. Stick to the good memories.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

October 26, 2015 7:49 pm  #1871

I wanted to thank you guys for the support (sorry I didn't do it sooner, but it has been a strange week)
To see death like this change have changed my priorities in a way and now I feel weird and disconnect more than sad... So strange...

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

October 26, 2015 7:55 pm  #1872

Keep strong dear, we're here to support you.

October 26, 2015 10:26 pm  #1873

Oh, dear, Titania...!
I'm so sorry for your loss...
*hugs tight*

You're not alone, dear. Stay strong.

Love,
-Lily

Last edited by Lilythiell (October 26, 2015 10:27 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 26, 2015 10:56 pm  #1874

Titania, I won't say I know what you're going through, I have never experienced exactly what you have... but after losing half my family I learned one thing. People go through grief differently. And it differs from time to time, from loss to loss. 

Allow yourself the grief, in the form that it comes to you, but don't ever be alone. Reach out when you need someone to be there. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 28, 2015 4:15 pm  #1875

just a small rant from me... 

I thought my boyfriend was finally getting somewhat better after his minor operation some weeks back, he's healing nicely after some worrying over some pain and headaches which is always scary since he's brain damaged... for now we're forgetting about his future brain surgery. 
There's just been a lot of stuff going on... 

Well, he's now lost his job. The company he works for, and where he was recently promoted and loved working has gone bankrupt. 
He's a lot luckier than his co-workers though... there's a law in his country that you can't fire a handicapped employee... so they are permitted to help him find a new job. 

But still... he likes his job, and the last two months aren't going to be fun, I can only imagine the tension at his work place when the others realize he's got an advantage. 

And I'm running to the doctors again... my iron counts are out of control and I almost fainted the other day. 

I know all this is minor but I just worry. Even while he was working his economy wasn't too good, after he paid bills and medicine and stuff he didn't have too much to live for either. 

On the plus side he has a family that actually care about him though. 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (October 28, 2015 4:17 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 2, 2015 9:26 pm  #1876

I am having a bit of a health scare... and I'm getting worked up over it. 

My back hurts so bad, it always does... but even worse after this weekend. I wasn't kind on it, and that was stupid... but since Saturday 2 toes on foot has been numb and nothing can 'wake them up'. My buttocks have started to go numb too now... 

And this morning I called my doctor's office to get the answer to the blood tests I had taken last week. I've been so tired and dizzy lately and I assumed it was my iron count that was off... I have such a tiny food budget that I live off of wholegrain toast, pasta and garlic bread... and sometimes I can afford paté for the bread. 
But apparently most of the counts were off. They wanted me in for one of the few 'emergency' appointments the doctor always have today but I was in too much pain from my back to walk there, so he could only fit me on Wednesday... 

I just wanted a prescription for cheap iron tablets... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 16, 2015 8:41 am  #1877

It´s Monday again...  I hate getting up to work again....

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 16, 2015 3:41 pm  #1878

You can do it, nakahara!

Clueing for looks.

November 16, 2015 4:46 pm  #1879

I didn't sleep a wink last night, but I just about managed to get through the day...

November 16, 2015 9:21 pm  #1880

Oh dear, sleep deprivation is horrible.. I hate this zombie-like condition. Glad you made it through.

I just noticed that in my CV I sent to all important contacts so far my list of IT-skills is incomplete.. 

I also blame it on sleep-deprivation, and the fact I had to complete it while catering to a sick child tossing and turning and crying in his sleep because I had only three days to send it. ..
Oh well. I hope the rest is convincing enough.

Board footera