BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 25, 2015 1:19 pm  #2121

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 25, 2015 3:22 pm  #2122

ukaunz wrote:

She's a fast learner

Oh look, there's an elephant in the room in the Special, too!
http://purpleshmurple.tumblr.com/post/131870153976/elephant-in-the-room-anyone-d-if-youre

Unfortunately, there's also a wedding ring
http://dixiebell.tumblr.com/post/131869812187/ring-watch

Btw, if anyone needs a transcript of the new trailer
http://weweretoldandwelistened.tumblr.com/post/131870514375/transcript-of-the-new-sherlock-trailer

I'd just like to point out that Mary is also dressed in black and could possibly be mourning a dead husband.

Could be wrong but I just wanted to point that out.  For science and all.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 25, 2015 3:36 pm  #2123

I was thinking about that too, but if it's a version of Mary Morstan it could be her father she's mourning, perhaps?   But I agree, she looks like a widow. 

October 25, 2015 3:39 pm  #2124

Nah, she's John's wife. The're not doing the Sign of Four twice, I think. I was slightly disappointed by the size of that elephant. 

And I don't think the woman saying those lines is Mary, wouldn't she already know who Sherlock is? I think it's the client, the woman with the dark hair. 

LOL at STAB 

October 25, 2015 3:42 pm  #2125

nakahara wrote:

What would this be? Fat Mycroft? 

October 25, 2015 3:48 pm  #2126

I'm thinking they may have totally recreated a scene from one of the modern episodes.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 25, 2015 4:00 pm  #2127

Maybe the wedding. 

October 25, 2015 4:21 pm  #2128

We didn't actually see "the wedding" in TSoT.   

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 25, 2015 5:25 pm  #2129

Please, I really do not need a second version of the wedding. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 25, 2015 5:25 pm  #2130

Since that tweet faux pas of the German channel ARD, I was quite sure the BBC date will be on 1.January 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

October 25, 2015 5:44 pm  #2131

I wouldn't want them to recreate TSo3 either... I've got a feeling it's a somehow chronological episode following sometime after HLV... but well what do we know. 

Oh, and on a personal note, the title has given me new hope for my Halloween costume next week (Ophelia's ghost...), I was already preparing myself for "What are you supposed to be, a bride?" and now I can proudly answer "Yes, of course! The Abominable Bride!"

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (October 25, 2015 5:49 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 25, 2015 6:45 pm  #2132

SusiGo wrote:

Please, I really do not need a second version of the wedding. 

Where can I sign this?
Please, as little Marydrama as possible, I want to move on....
Sherlock and John show, remember?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

October 25, 2015 7:11 pm  #2133

tonnaree wrote:

I'm thinking they may have totally recreated a scene from one of the modern episodes.

I think you might be right. That would fit with "a sheer delight from beginning to end". And I don't think it will be anything to do with the Watson wedding.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 25, 2015 7:20 pm  #2134

silverblaze wrote:

And I don't think the woman saying those lines is Mary, wouldn't she already know who Sherlock is? I think it's the client, the woman with the dark hair. 

She might not be saying it to Sherlock. That's just the way they've edited it in the trailer so that they can have Sherlock saying "Sherlock Holmes, 221b Baker Street" (paraphrased)

Anyway, I think the woman saying "tell me who you are" is talking to another character.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 25, 2015 7:21 pm  #2135

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

October 25, 2015 7:23 pm  #2136

I was just joking because we were talking about the ring. 

Maybe it's the scene where they have the Baker Street set on the street. That looked very cool. 

But that scene cannot really be a recreation. If you were to pick a scene to recreate in Victorian times, what would you choose, mmm. It'd have to be something simple. Maybe the 'shooting the wall' scene. 

Wonder if Mary would still be an assassin or whether she's just 'the wife of'.  I think it might be the latter. 

Oh, Ophelia's ghost sounds fantastic. Hamlet is my favorite Shakespeare play.

Last edited by silverblaze (October 25, 2015 7:27 pm)

October 25, 2015 7:31 pm  #2137

In the extended trailer I'm intrigued by the nasty way Mary says, "Yes, those gentleman".  It appears she is echoing Mrs. Hudson's comment and she does not look like a very happy camper at that moment. Maybe she's coming to the realization that she's losing her husband to Sherlock. *says KP hopefully* 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

October 25, 2015 7:33 pm  #2138

I took it to mean that she wanted to have that lifestyle too. That'd mean that she isn't an assassin here. 

October 25, 2015 8:20 pm  #2139

Mary certainly looks as if she wished she could join them!

On a side note, do you know what time the tickets go on sale? *prepares for war*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 25, 2015 8:27 pm  #2140

Sue Vertue said 2nd of November.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

Board footera