BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 25, 2015 2:34 pm  #21

Re: Sherlock Youtube Channel

Yeah, he kind of does.  He's speaking quite quietly in some parts of the video.

Clueing for looks.

October 23, 2015 3:36 pm  #22

New video on the Sherlock YouTube channel.  It's funny.

Is it just me, or did Mark just imply that Mycroft likes men?
Also, I have no idea why someone out there thinks Mycroft's suit is baggy.  He has too much money for that to happen.

Last edited by Yitzock (October 23, 2015 3:40 pm)

Clueing for looks.

October 23, 2015 9:21 pm  #23

Hilarious Mark Gatiss is so ------- (perfect)

Yes he did seem to imply that Mycroft likes men, but it could just be his personal opinion that Mycroft needs more men around the house

Yeah I read something about the "baggy" suit recently and thought what?? It doesn't look baggy to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 23, 2015 10:07 pm  #24

Yes, I'm not sure it's that Mark wants more young men around the house because he'd like that or because Mycroft himself would like that.
Still, I'm sure that will fuel all the Mystrade shippers and others who already have gay Mycroft headcanons.

I think maybe the person who wrote the comment about the baggy suit might just think it looks that way because we see Sherlock's slim fitting suits on the show so much.  But still, that doesn't mean Mycroft's is baggy.  Mycroft cares too much about appearances to wear an ill-fitting suit. The comment did leave Mark quite distraught, though.

(Also, another I noticed since posting: Near the end Mark seems to subconsciously tense one of his pectorals repeatedly.  That's a tic I've never seen before.)

Last edited by Yitzock (October 23, 2015 10:12 pm)

Clueing for looks.

October 24, 2015 3:17 pm  #25

Yitzock wrote:

New video on the Sherlock YouTube channel.  It's funny.

Is it just me, or did Mark just imply that Mycroft likes men?
Also, I have no idea why someone out there thinks Mycroft's suit is baggy.  He has too much money for that to happen.

This made my day 

October 24, 2015 8:25 pm  #26

I want to know what the fruit loops joke is... apparently it's not just some random thing Mark decided to say (according to a tweet from someone in the BBC)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 24, 2015 9:13 pm  #27

ukaunz wrote:

I want to know what the fruit loops joke is... apparently it's not just some random thing Mark decided to say (according to a tweet from someone in the BBC)

I wasn't sure how common of a phrase it is (at least not to my knowledge over here, not sure about over there) but yeah, I've heard of it.  Other than being a breakfast cereal of little round 'o's colored like the rainbow (not coincidental), I thought it was a slang phrase to refer to gays (or people acting loopy/crazy).  But… he uses it in the context as though it were an object?  Some kind of in-joke, repeating it four times?
His little 'ohhs' just crack me up every time, though.   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

October 24, 2015 9:41 pm  #28

Here are some ... 50 possible explanations

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fruit+loops

October 25, 2015 4:10 am  #29

This is the tweet that makes me wonder what the joke is
https://twitter.com/reetukabra/status/657634843686281217

Board footera