BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 11, 2012 11:00 am  #1

Silver Blaze

Since we are aware John will show anger towards Sherlock when he returns, I'd love to see Sherlock give John the inside information on a big horse race ala what occurred in 'The Silver Blaze'. John scores a big win ($$$) at the track that day, and all is well again between the boys. Silly? Yes, but everybody loves a winner baby.

July 11, 2012 5:04 pm  #2

Re: Silver Blaze

I'd  love them to incorporate the Silver Blaze story into the next series, or the one after, or the one after that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 8, 2012 6:17 pm  #3

Only just seen this thread whilst doing some forum tidying...but just wanted to say Silver Blaze has always stood out as one of the ones that could easily be adapted. Horse racing is still common today so wouldn't be that hard to modernise it. It's just a really cool story as well and it'd be easy to mix it in with one of the others.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 9, 2012 12:17 am  #4

Or a modern twist - John gets to take the horse instead of the money, and they have awesome Victorian-style adventures together ;)

August 9, 2012 6:54 am  #5

Totally agree! I think the story is very easily adapted ( barely needs to be adapted at all, it fits into modern times beautifully). It's a great story- good twist, well-drawn secondary characters ( good opportunities for comedy and repartee, as well)

Last edited by deerstalker (August 9, 2012 6:56 am)

Board footera