BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 11, 2012 12:27 am  #21

Re: New lesson learned.

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Sorry, I wasn't clear.
I meant the natural laughter thing...I wasn't sure if that against the wall was just acting.  But series 2?  Definitely real.

Right yeah, I know what you mean. Although I think, both lots of laughter were still scripted...but maybe one was more real than the other.

It was still acting. They're both too professional for it not to be, plus Benedict's laughter is not as deep as Sherlocks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

November 15, 2012 6:17 pm  #22

This is me reading The Casebook, again.
Some lovely added snippets, particularly on SCANDAL.
Most interesting for me, is the revelation that Sherlock already knew Irene was besotted with him, before taking her pulse.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 20, 2012 10:27 pm  #23

Or so he would have us all believe. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 21, 2012 7:08 am  #24

Well he says it's by the mere fact she seeks his help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 18, 2013 6:09 pm  #25

I assume this picture belongs here. The scene always strikes me as some prophetic quote, a  Reichenbach foreboding in SCANDAL:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 21, 2013 6:31 pm  #26

besleybean wrote:

This was the 1st time, in this series, I'd sensed the natural comfort and warmth.
Incidentally, it's the same in the taxi scene back from the palace...Benedict and Martin having a private joke.
Tho of course the poor Americans have that scene cut!

If you're referring to Sherlock revealing the stolen ashtray, we Americans CAN see it if we purchase the DVD.  Thank goodness!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brook is Make Believe!

January 21, 2013 9:08 pm  #27

besleybean wrote:

This was the 1st time, in this series, I'd sensed the natural comfort and warmth.
Incidentally, it's the same in the taxi scene back from the palace...Benedict and Martin having a private joke.
Tho of course the poor Americans have that scene cut!

Do they cut out scenes in the American version?  

And I love it when they're giggling together, like they've know eachother for ages: like after John shot the cabby driver "We can't giggle on a crime scene!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

January 21, 2013 9:34 pm  #28

Yeah, but I felt in series 1 it was JUST acting...
Oh yes the American version gets cut.  Benedict has openly expressed his frustration at this.

January 30, 2013 9:10 pm  #29

Oh, I have just discovered they cut some tiny fragments in the Italian version, as well: a bit of conversation in the Buckingham Palace is missing! What a shame

January 31, 2013 9:32 am  #30

See, I told you. The americans have a very strict timeframe for the show, so they cut several minutes of what  they  thought was unnecessary. They consulted with the authors, though. I don't know what's the official reason for the cuts in the italian version.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

January 31, 2013 10:53 am  #31

Whoa; way off topic guys.
It was merely a topic to point out the magic moments of mirth that jump out at you in this show. Nothing deep & meaningful; nothing about editing.
There are other threads in the forum for that; please out of courtesy, take the discussion there.
Thank you.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 20, 2013 8:59 pm  #32

tobeornot221b wrote:

I assume this picture belongs here. The scene always strikes me as some prophetic quote, a  Reichenbach foreboding in SCANDAL:

What happened to the laptop?
It's not on the helicopter, it's not at the palace...

I adore the young constable who tells John the helicopter is for him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

Dr. Horribles sing along blog
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn
Burn
(yeah, it’s two r’s. H, O, R, R, yeah right.)
Burn

June 21, 2013 5:45 am  #33

It could have been out of sight on the helicopter, then I'm sure Mycroft's people dealt with it.

October 22, 2015 4:11 pm  #34

kazza474 wrote:

It was merely a topic to point out the magic moments of mirth that jump out at you in this show.

I am happy I found this thread.  Scandal has become my favorite episode, partly due to the interactions between Sherlock and John.

People have mentioned the palace scene, but I didn't see anyone mention my absolute favorite part.  When John first enters.

- John walks in, looking around.  He spots Sherlock and gives a shrug with his hands out.
- Sherlock, not quite turning towards him, gives a return irritated shrug with a rolling of the shoulders.
- After a moment, John nods and puts his arms down.

I love this scene so much because there is a lot of communication wrapped up into a couple of brief gestures.

John's initial shrug could be saying, "What are we doing here?", or maybe "Why are you wearing a sheet?".  I interpret it as both of these questions - general confusion over the situation as a whole.

Sherlock's response seems to say, "I don't know - whatever."

And John's nod seems to signify perfect acceptance of the situation, even though none of this questions have been answered.

The first time this scene stuck out at me, I actually rewound and re-watched that interaction several times.  Now it makes me laugh out loud every time I see it.

Does anyone else find this particular exchange as amusing as I do?

Board footera