BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 21, 2015 1:52 pm  #2001

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 21, 2015 2:19 pm  #2002

It is a really big deal that they are going to allow it to be shown in China.  They are horribly strict about approving things.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 21, 2015 2:45 pm  #2003

Worldwide, Yes! I hope the world involves Denmark... probably Copenhagen in my case... I hope I can afford the ticket!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 21, 2015 4:22 pm  #2004

Yes in my radiotimes link that I posted this morning (#1992 )  it also says worldwide. But like I already said we still don't have a date.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

October 21, 2015 4:57 pm  #2005

In answer to your question, Susi, yes they did!
Oh hang on, was that the first episode of the new season?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 21, 2015 5:00 pm  #2006

Can anyone tell us what the theater screening of Dr. Who cost?   I'm sure they would be similar.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 21, 2015 5:01 pm  #2007

Thanks, besley. So I probably will have to explain to my family once again why I am driving to Holland during Christmas in order to watch an undubbed film.  (Like I did last year with TIG). 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 21, 2015 5:02 pm  #2008

But it would be so worth it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 21, 2015 7:09 pm  #2009

Chinese president is currently visiting Britain. You would think it´s for some talks about economy and potitics but you´re wrong. Chinese president just wants to know when the Special will be released already! He finds the Hiatus unbearable! 

https://twitter.com/ReetuKabra/status/656770970506698752

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 21, 2015 7:31 pm  #2010

Loving the idea of seeing the Spesh on the big screen; but at the same time, for my first vieiwng, I think I would prefer sitting in a dark room all by myself close to the TV so that it's just me and "Sherlock'. I want my first reactions to everything to be mine and mine alone.  I don't want to be distracted by the squees or laughter or gasps from a bunch of people I don't know.  Not the first time anyway.  But then again, there's something to be said for sharing an event in a group.  Viewing "Hamlet" was like that.  Sort of a kinship feeling with everyone. Damn, I don't know!  TV first then film soon after for me, if it works out that way. Data, we need data!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

October 21, 2015 7:37 pm  #2011

I gather Chinese TV has bought BBC Sherlock...I mean just to show it there, they're not taking it over!

October 22, 2015 6:48 am  #2012

Our Australian channel ABC is showing A Study In Pink tonight, I feel like maybe they're getting us in the mood for something? An announcement about the Special airdate maybe? *hopeful*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 22, 2015 12:56 pm  #2013

Official troll trolling again:

October 22, 2015 1:56 pm  #2014

well at least he didn't say no! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 22, 2015 2:27 pm  #2015

That there are still people who aks Mark that kind of question in the hope to get a serious answer is kind of cute. Although she did get a proper answer to what she had asked.

----------

October 22, 2015 2:45 pm  #2016

Someone on tumblr found this. First they said it will be broadcast on 1.January and then they kind of backpedaled........kind of. The comment says it right!

source: http://constancecream.tumblr.com/post/131305426383/constancecream-twocandles-im-still-not-at#131305426383

----------

October 22, 2015 2:59 pm  #2017

This is ridiculous! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 23, 2015 6:52 pm  #2018

They'll be live tweeting tommorow ! I Hope they Will make a big announcement

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

October 23, 2015 7:06 pm  #2019

Woohoo.

October 24, 2015 12:26 pm  #2020

Solenn wrote:

They'll be live tweeting tommorow ! I Hope they Will make a big announcement

Dear sweet god in heaven PLEASE!!!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera