BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 2, 2012 10:39 am  #1

Sporthotel Sherlock Holmes

If you fancy a trip to see the Reichenbach Falls at Meiringen there are a number of hotels to choose from. Amongst them is the aptly named Sporthotel Sherlock Holmes.

www.sherlock.ch/de/Sherlock/Info/Hotel

This has come up in German  but if you search for the hotel on Google then you can use Google translate. Simples.

Last edited by Davina (August 2, 2012 10:41 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 4, 2012 6:58 pm  #2

Re: Sporthotel Sherlock Holmes

NOOOOOOO!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 4, 2012 7:12 pm  #3

I just had a look at the homepage. They don't seem to refer to Sherlock so much, I only found a summary of the "Final Problem" on the menu. I suppose we don't miss anything if we don't go there. And Switzerland is soooo expensive.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 4, 2012 8:08 pm  #4

BUT the falls........
AND the SH museum. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 4, 2012 9:44 pm  #5

Some of the rooms have a view of the falls.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 5, 2012 8:10 am  #6

So you can run with a jumping-sheet and catch Sherlock and take him to your room in the hotel and … er, well … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 8, 2012 12:52 pm  #7

The Sherlock Holmes Society make a pilgrimage there every January.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 9, 2012 4:13 am  #8

Dream vacation... 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

Board footera