BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 9, 2015 3:44 pm  #1941

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

I am not really hopeful that it will come to German cinemas. I have heard nothing about it so far. There was an online petition but I think we can be grateful if it will be shown on TV at all. No idea about other countries. It would be a shame and Sherlock on a big screen, wow. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 9, 2015 3:49 pm  #1942

As there should be fandom pubs (well, lairs...), there should be fandom cinemas. What a joy that would be...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 9, 2015 4:43 pm  #1943

Lilythiell wrote:

As there should be fandom pubs (well, lairs...), there should be fandom cinemas. What a joy that would be...

I think we can stop dreaming having it on France  though 😠

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

October 9, 2015 6:14 pm  #1944

The Doctor Who special was shown in some cinema's here... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 9, 2015 9:53 pm  #1945

Yes, same here, and since DW isn't a big thing on German television and nevertheless was shown in cinemas, I'm quite hopeful that the Special will also be broadcast in cinemas here.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 9, 2015 9:57 pm  #1946

Keeping fingers crossed. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 10, 2015 12:49 am  #1947

Here's a fan Q&A with Sue Vertue and Louis Moffat, some of the questions are about the Sherlock Special

Should I also post this somewhere else? I'm not sure which thread it belongs in though...

Last edited by ukaunz (October 10, 2015 2:35 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 10, 2015 1:42 am  #1948

Louis is such a cutie!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 10, 2015 1:42 am  #1949

Louis is such a cutie!

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 10, 2015 2:44 am  #1950

A tweet from Arwel

Last edited by ukaunz (October 10, 2015 2:47 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 10, 2015 1:27 pm  #1951

BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?!?!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 10, 2015 2:03 pm  #1952

That it's full of Easter Eggs for us to keep us busy until S4 At least I hope so.

October 10, 2015 4:53 pm  #1953

Or that they'ee so far behind that it won't come out before Eastern?

October 10, 2015 5:51 pm  #1954

Well, as they said Chrismas, they didn't say which year either.

October 11, 2015 8:55 am  #1955

I agree with JP's easter eggs theory. If you look at the hashtags, one may  infer we'll get some (don't dare to say "many") of those.
What's more, I don't believe Arwel's toying with us. He's more of the "cool uncle" who will give treats.
Yes, our fandom is one biiiig family, isn't it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 11, 2015 11:45 am  #1956

Well, it starts with the set bits. The well known fireplace. The bison skull turned into a stuffed head, we see the room which was Mycroft's office at Diogenes Club. I think even the rag in the living room is the same. Also the red buttonhole would count.

October 16, 2015 7:06 pm  #1957

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 16, 2015 7:12 pm  #1958

The only thing that has been confirmed so far is that filming series 4 will start in spring 2016. The rest seems to be pure conjecture and gossip. BBC has not confirmed an air date. We have no idea about the Canon stories they might have used. And as for series 4 having a lighter tone - the team have mentioned it being dark and devastating.

October 16, 2015 7:21 pm  #1959

What the matter with Easter eggs?

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

October 17, 2015 3:10 pm  #1960

SusiGo wrote:

The only thing that has been confirmed so far is that filming series 4 will start in spring 2016. The rest seems to be pure conjecture and gossip. BBC has not confirmed an air date. We have no idea about the Canon stories they might have used. And as for series 4 having a lighter tone - the team have mentioned it being dark and devastating.

I thought it was utter bullocks but have seen other people quote a Christmas day air date so I had a moment of doubt.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera