BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 12, 2015 7:55 pm  #3601

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Wait, have we all got the same Christmas trees' decoration...? (yes, it's not Christmas -yet- but that's not the point, is it?)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 12, 2015 7:56 pm  #3602

Be-AU-ti-ful!!! Are you having these this christmas? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 12, 2015 7:59 pm  #3603

Not yet, but it´s very good inspiration. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 12, 2015 11:21 pm  #3604

This might say more about those girls than my obsession...

On one of the trains I took home from my friends place I made a whole group of Asian teenage girls squeal... They eyed my "I AM SHERLOCKED" shopping bag I got at the Sherlock Holmes museum...

I could only smile at them as it was my stop coming up... but I did understand one word "Sherlock!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 12, 2015 11:48 pm  #3605

Aww, that must have been amusing, cute.  Nice anecdote.

Clueing for looks.

October 13, 2015 7:00 am  #3606

Another nice thread for this:  Encountering Sherlockians Randomly 
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1456

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 13, 2015 9:13 am  #3607

... when your friend comes to borrow your Sherlock DVDs saying "I need to watch them again I couldn't follow your discussion in the kitchen" (me and another friend discussing Johnlock) 

I am doing such a good job here, three already hooked    

"It is what it is."

October 13, 2015 9:14 am  #3608

... when your Mum sends you a Sherlock postcard in the mail to cheer you up.

Not mentioning the books and bags she brought from London for me :-) :-) Best Mum :-)

"It is what it is."

October 13, 2015 9:22 am  #3609

... when you suggest showing someone around London because you know the place, and they answer: "but not only Sherlock stuff, okay?" And you say "of course not. You know, we could go for a walk  on the Thames foreshore and I know a lovely little cafe close to Regent's park, and have you ever been to the Tower?"  and she says "yeah, okay"  and and then she asks "what are you grinning about?"

Last edited by Whisky (October 13, 2015 9:24 am)

"It is what it is."

October 13, 2015 9:25 am  #3610

Lovely. There is also a historically interesting hospital. And the lovely posh houses around Eaton Square. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 13, 2015 10:44 am  #3611

Whisky wrote:

... when you suggest showing someone around London because you know the place, and they answer: "but not only Sherlock stuff, okay?" And you say "of course not. You know, we could go for a walk on the Thames foreshore and I know a lovely little cafe close to Regent's park, and have you ever been to the Tower?" and she says "yeah, okay" and and then she asks "what are you grinning about?"

You sly rascal!

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 13, 2015 11:23 am  #3612

We have an elephant in the (bath)room

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 13, 2015 7:37 pm  #3613

Wow, lovely! 

October 13, 2015 8:57 pm  #3614

Yes, lovely indeed!

October 15, 2015 3:36 pm  #3615

Whisky wrote:

... when you suggest showing someone around London because you know the place, and they answer: "but not only Sherlock stuff, okay?" And you say "of course not. You know, we could go for a walk  on the Thames foreshore and I know a lovely little cafe close to Regent's park, and have you ever been to the Tower?"  and she says "yeah, okay"  and and then she asks "what are you grinning about?"

"Not only Sherlock stuff, eh? :D

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 15, 2015 3:38 pm  #3616

I've had a moment today -my students were working on a text featuring "eccentric" British people. The list? Oscar Wilde, Beau Brummel, George III and...Vivienne Westwood.
It's a good thing I was at the back of the class, otherwise they'd have all seen me grinning like the Cheshire cat :D

October 15, 2015 10:34 pm  #3617

when you call people you hate and/or are dumb andersons

October 15, 2015 11:09 pm  #3618

When you see a guy wearing a suit jacket and purple shirt under it and immediately think of Sherlock.

Clueing for looks.

October 16, 2015 11:02 am  #3619

I always do that, Yitzock! 

When you sort of lose it when you notice the Danish subtitle of some cooking show wrote 'Arthur Conan Doyle' instead of Arthur C Clarke as the man said. 

(I should add I hate Danish subtitles, they're always so wrong, sometimes I wonder if the people who make them even know English at all! But I need subtitles with my ears... but on DVD's or Netflix I always go for the English subtitles) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 18, 2015 10:17 am  #3620

... when this is how you plan to spend the entire Sunday...

Last edited by Vhanja (October 18, 2015 10:20 am)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

Board footera