BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 11, 2015 8:30 am  #101

Re: POLL: Favourite character after Sherlock & John - Take 2

Unrepentant Andrew Scott fan here.
He is my perfect Moriarty.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 12, 2015 5:07 pm  #102

I love the way Mycroft walks the line between hero and villian.  He's a classic 5th business.

A full shuttle and a long warp...

October 12, 2015 8:08 pm  #103

Has to be Moriarty, such an extraordinary performance.

October 13, 2015 10:18 am  #104

Yep, I'm soft about Mark, too: perfect as Mycroft.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 13, 2015 4:10 pm  #105

Mark embodies a perfect Mycroft - and a perfect cliche Britain man, I think - at least in my eyes :-).

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm your landlady - not a plot device!

There are 10 voices in my head. 9 of them tell me I'm crazy. One is humming.

October 14, 2015 10:13 am  #106

I am a huge Andrew Scott/Moriarty fan as well (though I have a soft spot for Mycroft ) I love how Moriarty is such a subtle, elegant villain - always impeccable in suits (when he's not acting of course ) and never actually picking up a gun or doing the dirty work himself - yet he's terrifying.

Andrew is fantastic and I wish he'd get more recognition because he is a true true talent.

October 14, 2015 11:20 am  #107

Oh don't worry...
I think Andrew's secret is out!
The same as happened with Benedict and Martin...I think the acting world has caught up with these talents!

October 13, 2016 7:33 pm  #108

For the characters listed, Mrs. Hudson is definitely my favorite.  Small but juicy role--somewhat dithering, grandmotherly character with a very interesting past, who keeps her head while being beaten up by the CIA and keeps Sherlock's secrets.  "Mrs. Hudson leave London?  England would fall!"  

My only problem with her is that she is so upset with John for not making contact, but shows no anger at Sherlock whatsoever, even though she was also not told he wasn't dead.  Oh, well.  The episodes are long enough already.

However, my real favorite was not on the list, which must date from before Season Three.  Aside from Sherlock and John, my favorite character is Mary, hands down.

October 13, 2016 9:41 pm  #109

cmb711 wrote:

My only problem with her is that she is so upset with John for not making contact, but shows no anger at Sherlock whatsoever, even though she was also not told he wasn't dead.  Oh, well.  The episodes are long enough already.

Mrs. Hudson has known Sherlock longer than John and has a strong motherly feelings for him, I presume. Also, faked death or not, Sherlock was abroad and risking his life dismantling Moriarty´s organisation, while John was in London all the time, doing nothing special, just sadly moping around. He really could take a few minutes and at least write a friendly greeting to Mrs. Hudson from time to time....

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 2, 2017 4:38 pm  #110

This poll is quite clear for me : Mycroft all the way !! Fav character ever, before John and ex aequo with Sherlock I think ! Adding to that the fact that Mark is such an adorable man, the others can't even compete ! 

January 2, 2017 8:44 pm  #111

Mycroft. 100%

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 2, 2017 10:31 pm  #112

Since I have a huge crush on Mycroft, I definitely vote Mycroft as well. 

January 2, 2017 10:40 pm  #113

Another fan here.

January 5, 2017 3:12 pm  #114

Me too, though I have to say it is really hard to choose just one. This show is packed with great characters. But as Mycroft is the most ambiguous, he's still at the top of my list.  

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

April 22, 2017 5:28 am  #115

After John and Sherlock, I'd have to say Lestrade. I really do like him. He's just so even-keeled. And so long-suffering. It's just not his division, mate. I think it's sweet that he was willing to put up with Sherlock for so long -- putting aside those random drugs busts! (I also loved that bear-hug he gave Sherlock after Sherlock became not-dead.) He's just brilliant.

I also enjoy Mrs Hudson -- so funny, that one -- and Mary. Love her. I have to say.... Not a huge fan of Molly, which is ironic, because I see where she's coming from. But I just, eh.

Moriarty is something else. Always enjoyable.

And Mycroft, oh Mycroft. HIs obsessive watchfulness over his little brother is noteworthy, if bizarre... but! Not without merit. Love what they did with the character. Sherlock needed an overbearing minder.

It seems all of these characters have their place. But my third fave just has to be Lestrade. 

Lestrade: "Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
Holmes: "To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
Lestrade: "The dog did nothing in the night-time."
Holmes: "That was the curious incident." 

September 29, 2017 10:51 am  #116

Favourite as in "want to go out with": Lestrade
Favourite as in "need their own spin-off series": Euros

September 29, 2017 1:44 pm  #117

Haha, nice distinctions!

Clueing for looks.

September 29, 2017 5:11 pm  #118

I certainly agree on Eurus!

Board footera