BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 8, 2015 1:24 pm  #81

Re: The Big Special Picture Thread (spoilers)

I had been wondering whether that was Mark with a lot of makeup or someone else.  Glad to see an answer.

The deer head is a nice touch, I had not noticed it.

I'm a little sceptical of the IMDB page, since I remember it being mentioned somewhere that Molly won't be in this one but she's listed for the special.  Though of course that could be another trick we're being played. There was a voice in the trailer that sounded a bit like it could have been Louise, but I'm not certain because it could be someone that I just thought sounded like her.

Clueing for looks.

October 8, 2015 1:51 pm  #82

The nose and the mouth are a bit different. Marks nose is very recognisable.

I agree imdb is not God! We'll see.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

October 8, 2015 2:52 pm  #83

Ivy wrote:

I like it, but the curls lovers will cry during that special

I AM crying here already!!!!

I had NO idea how much the hair mattered to me, really not. But it does. God, he looks ten years older than he should.

goes away to cry some more

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t move, don’t speak, don’t breathe. I’m trying to think.

October 8, 2015 3:46 pm  #84

It's not only the looks, he is a different person. A real victorian Sherlock Holmes.
If Mycroft isn't in it, I'm not watching!

October 8, 2015 4:21 pm  #85

I like the gothic look of the sets and costumes.

Oh and John looks quite dapper with his hat and moustache. 

The rest.. is silence. 

October 8, 2015 4:32 pm  #86

La Jolie wrote:

Ivy wrote:

I like it, but the curls lovers will cry during that special

I AM crying here already!!!!

I had NO idea how much the hair mattered to me, really not. But it does. God, he looks ten years older than he should.

goes away to cry some more

and he doesn't look like Sherlock to me. The curls are VERY important to me and I don't even care if I sound silly.

October 8, 2015 4:44 pm  #87

I am actually becoming more and more forgiving about the curls... bur I WILL turn absolutely monsterous if they don't return for season 4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 8, 2015 4:54 pm  #88

He does look older. But to be fair, he actually is older. Even worse: we all are.

Didn't Benedict say a while back that he didn't really like the curls and wanted to change Sherlock's hair? So that would mean that they really aren't returning in s4, OMG, curl cliffhanger. 

Agreed about Mycroft, a Sherlock episode without Mycroft just isn't the same. And I'm just incredibly curious about Mycroft's Victorian look. 

October 8, 2015 6:52 pm  #89

Dorothy83 wrote:

The curls are VERY important to me and I don't even care if I sound silly.

Oh Dorothy, you're a true soul sister. I think we need to start a self-help group here. We can call it the Sherly-Curly Sulking Corner.

No, I mean it. He's just not the same without them.

And you're cruel, silverblaze, I hope you know that.
I know BC now looks like he always wanted to look as Sherlock but what does HE bloody KNOW about that anyway!!?!?!
I seriously hope they only let him do that on the condition that he WOULD go back to the curly mob for season 4.

Re: Mycroft's Victorian look, I doubt he'd have to change a single thing about his previous costumes to fit right in!

Last edited by La Jolie (October 8, 2015 6:53 pm)

October 8, 2015 7:02 pm  #90

La Jolie wrote:

Dorothy83 wrote:

The curls are VERY important to me and I don't even care if I sound silly.

Oh Dorothy, you're a true soul sister. I think we need to start a self-help group here. We can call it the Sherly-Curly Sulking Corner.
No, I mean it. He's just not the same without them.

I guess it is the blessing for viewers who loved Sherlock Holmes way before BBC adaptation appeared (like me) that they are absolutely immune to the slicked up hair looks. It´s a traditional Sherlock looks anyway.
But I bet curls will return in their former glory in S4. It´s one of the distinctive marks of the BBC version, I doubt they let it go like that. In the Special they are channeling Brett and Rathbone (to honor them? to make homage?), but in S4 they would return into their own track again. So don´t worry! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 8, 2015 7:02 pm  #91

Well girls , it could have been worse . Sherlock could have grown a moustache .
Yeah, I know the thought hurt .

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

October 8, 2015 7:25 pm  #92

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 8, 2015 7:29 pm  #93

And one from the lovely joanacchi (her Sherlock retained curls even here):

http://joanacchi.tumblr.com/post/130710299790/to-celebrate-the-new-trailer-of-sherlock-special

October 8, 2015 7:40 pm  #94

Tumblr is gifing the hec out of the new trailer!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

October 8, 2015 7:42 pm  #95

I LOVE those manga versions!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 8, 2015 7:52 pm  #96

And I apologise to non-Johnlockers in advance, but I can´t resist posting this little "shop":

http://numbsherlock.tumblr.com/post/130747053378/how-the-scene-actually-went-down

And now you know what those two were thinking during the scene. 

October 8, 2015 8:07 pm  #97

Enerjax and he little comics - mystery in the dark:

October 8, 2015 10:57 pm  #98

Vhanja wrote:

Tumblr is gifing the hec out of the new trailer!

That's what tumblr DOES!   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 9, 2015 11:13 am  #99

nakahara wrote:

I guess it is the blessing for viewers who loved Sherlock Holmes way before BBC adaptation appeared (like me) that they are absolutely immune to the slicked up hair looks. It´s a traditional Sherlock looks anyway.

I have to contest that. Having been a Sherlock Holmes fan before ever Moftiss even conceived the idea for this show does most emphatically NOT make it easier. Because while I always was a fan, I'd never, NEVER been in love with the guy before. Then came the BBC, and that changed, and that's always been what made it special to me.

But yeah, I'll survive. I'll stop complaining now.

I'm giggling too much at the captioned "damned hat" scene right now anyway to feel bad about anything.

October 12, 2015 11:02 am  #100

So Moftiss were not channeling Granada version while making the Special. They were channeling japanese anime!

The similarity is striking.

Board footera