BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 8, 2015 1:52 pm  #1881

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

Love the dark aura .. So endearing ! But I think too, that it looks more like a Halloween special

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

October 8, 2015 2:09 pm  #1882

Solenn wrote:

Love the dark aura .. So endearing ! But I think too, that it looks more like a Halloween special

I think we would all spontaneously combust if they actually gave it to us at Halloween. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 8, 2015 2:11 pm  #1883

Awww, yummy, trailer... could only watch it now.
YUMMY. Why was I ever so sceptical? I'm in love 

I love dark stuff. I love Mary's dress. I love the Voice... even sexier, if that's possible. Baker Street is so wonderful! I don't know, it just looks perfect.

If now the story keeps up to the optics, I am in heaven. (and will not hold a grudge that they did the Special before series 4)

Now, let me wachthis a few more times.......  

"It is what it is."

October 8, 2015 2:13 pm  #1884

Glad to hear that, Whisky! It looks awesome. And the way he says "Oh, Watson" is killing me. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 8, 2015 2:13 pm  #1885

tonnaree wrote:

I think we would all spontaneously combust if they actually gave it to us at Halloween. 

That would surely kill me but I'd die happy

"It is what it is."

October 8, 2015 2:20 pm  #1886

Are there subtitles anywhere? Missed a few words, youtube keeps buffering and dialogue gets interrupted...

"It is what it is."

October 8, 2015 2:25 pm  #1887

If you go back one or two pages, you will find my link to Ariane's transcript. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 8, 2015 6:04 pm  #1888

I asked the Danish channel that usually shows Sherlock and Doctor Who if they already knew if they'd be showing the special... they don't know yet but promised they were sure they would do their best (from previous contact with the channel I know that there's Whovians and apparently also Sherlockians working there) and I trust they will do all in their power!

(On the plus side, they finally gave a date for Doctor Who!) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 8, 2015 6:51 pm  #1889

I saw some of you talk about IMBD for the casting of the Special .. is this website reliable ?  I mean, it' s written that the air date will be on December 25th .. But maybe they just put this date because it's "Christmas" special .. It would be strange they already know the date .. Here is the link if you want to check
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3845232/?ref_=rvi_tt

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

October 8, 2015 6:52 pm  #1890

Solenn wrote:

Sherlock is damn fine too I think I saw Mycroft, and it's hilarious !

Oh yes, Sherlock is rather fine, that's for sure
(thinks back to the scene where he gets a gun out of his dressing gown...or how he says 'Oh, Watson...')

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 8, 2015 6:53 pm  #1891

Mark is in the special. I just saw some tweets and they talked about a fat suit? 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

October 8, 2015 7:00 pm  #1892

The fatsuit rings a bell, but I'm not sure if it was only a rumour 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 8, 2015 9:27 pm  #1893

IMDB is rather reliable yes -though not necessarily when it comes to air dates (especially if said airdates are mysterious!).
It's not a Christmas special, they've always called it just The Special -I can't find the video (I'm sure it was a video in which Moffat said that they never said it would be a Christmas special...could someone help out, please?)...which lets the issue od the airdate open...

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 8, 2015 10:28 pm  #1894

Ariane DeVere wrote:

It's not stealing, sweetie, so if you want to change yours, go ahead!  I too struggled with a couple of lines.  Lord, I hope they speak more clearly in the rest of the episode.

Thank you, darling
I too hope they'll speak more clearly in the rest of the episode. But I'm sure it'll be easier when we've the whole of it -it'll for real, not just a trailer, and I assume we won't be distracted as much

Ariane DeVere wrote:

I am wondering about the man who looks like Mycroft but isn't him.  Could this be ... the other one??

Oh, nice! It would seem a fair assumption, indeed!

October 9, 2015 9:52 am  #1895

Whisky wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

That would surely kill me but I'd die happy

That would be all my Halloween plans instantly cancelled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 9, 2015 10:46 am  #1896

I'm at that point where I've already cancelled mine.
Have to psychologically prepare myself for both eventualities :D

October 9, 2015 10:48 am  #1897

Halloween??? Not really. That would be the end... of this month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 9, 2015 11:21 am  #1898

Still, one can hope :D

October 9, 2015 11:33 am  #1899

Don't get me wrong. I would be fine with 31st of October. But that would be so... suddenly. LOL!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 9, 2015 11:41 am  #1900

Lol you'd have to be mad for it not to be good!

Board footera