BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 7, 2015 8:06 pm  #1821

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

"You're Sherlock Holmes, Wear the damn hat!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 7, 2015 8:06 pm  #1822

It looks fantastic!  I had to watch twice thinking I'd somehow missed the air date, but there doesn't seem to be one. 

October 7, 2015 8:08 pm  #1823

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

October 7, 2015 8:09 pm  #1824

thank you, Ivy!
Need to ingest as much as I can!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 7, 2015 8:12 pm  #1825

Echo to Sherlock and John's first meeting with the line "The name is Sherlock Holmes..."
Do you think we might get an inkling as to his life prior to meeting Watson? "What made you like this? (...) I made me"
Gah, I can't wait!

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 7, 2015 8:12 pm  #1826

Can someone write down what they're saying ? They 're talking way too fast for me

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

October 7, 2015 8:15 pm  #1827

Lilythiell wrote:

Do you think we might get an inkling as to his life prior to meeting Watson? "What made you like this? (...) I made me"

What I wanna know is: who is lying on the floor immediately after those lines are spoken? Is it Sherlock? There is blood on the hand...

Apart from that: What a wonderful trailer!
But I'm not really surprised they didn't give us an air date. They wouldn't give us two things at once.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 7, 2015 8:15 pm  #1828

I am so confused, but I love it! 

Lily I've been thinking about that too... maybe this is Sherlock's ghosts from his past coming to haunt him?? From before he met Watson, maybe even before Lestrade??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 7, 2015 8:26 pm  #1829

Holmes – The stage is set. The curtain rises. We are ready to begin.
Woman – You promised to keep him safe, you promised!
Watson – Well, Holmes? Surely you must have some theory.
Holmes – We all have a past, Watson, ghosts. They are the shadows that define our every sunny day.
-Watson clicks gun-
Holmes – Every great cause has martyrs. –Holmes blows a whistle- Every war has suicide missions. And make no mistake, this is war.
Man – Why are you doing this? Tell me who you are.
Watson – What made you like this?
Holmes – Oh, Watson. Nothing made me. I made me.
Woman – Who are you? I demand you, speak, who are you?
Holmes – The name is Sherlock Holmes and the address is two hundred and twenty-one B, Baker Street.
Watson – Little use, us, standing here, in the dark…after all, this is the nineteenth century.
Holmes – I have to finish this.
Watson – hands Holmes a deerstalker hat - This one.
Holmes – Why?
Watson – You’re Sherlock Holmes, wear the damn hat.

Last edited by Lilythiell (October 8, 2015 6:48 pm)

October 7, 2015 8:31 pm  #1830

Who is tha woman who said "you promised to keep him safe"...? Is she a relative?
What about thos guys wearing those pointy hats...? Do you suppose Holmes had to infiltrate their group to bring them down -and comming murder for that...? Maybe he was part of the group/cult/weirdos before meeting Watson, and now his past has come to haunt him...
He had got out of it -Lord knows how- but had to get back in again to solve whatever mystery's at hand here...and to do so, well...murder, I presume? Watson wouldn't have liked it (possibly why he sounds so pissed at the end of the trailer?) at all, but would have come help him?

October 7, 2015 8:32 pm  #1831

Thank you Lily! With my bad hearing I did miss some finer points, some really beautiful lines here! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

October 7, 2015 8:33 pm  #1832

Wow, you are quick as an arrow, Lily! Good work! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 7, 2015 8:33 pm  #1833

Pleasure.

I'm sure it's not "margins". Got to listen to it again.

October 7, 2015 8:35 pm  #1834

Thanks lilythiell
Hearing them call each other by their last name , sounds oddly romantic, like gallant courtship

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

October 7, 2015 8:37 pm  #1835

I tried to listen to it again too (any excuse to watch it an 11th time!!) and I know I have bad ears... but I just keep hearing "Little use, us standing here" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

October 7, 2015 8:40 pm  #1836

@Phantom Yeah, that would make sense! -Edit: after listening to it yet again (any excuse) I concur, I too hear "Well, little use, us standing there"
@Nakahara, anyone can be quick when they've got motivation, I suppose -and Sherlock is a pretty good motivation, indeed!
@Solenn, it does sound romantic, doesn't it?

Last edited by Lilythiell (October 7, 2015 8:42 pm)

October 7, 2015 8:42 pm  #1837

Ariane has already a transcript:

http://arianedevere.livejournal.com/80126.html

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 7, 2015 8:44 pm  #1838

Yeepee, I can check mine with it
...and see how colossolly wrong I was in mine.

October 7, 2015 8:45 pm  #1839

I knew it couldn't be margins! How stupid could I be to hear that?! What even would the link with the rest have been?

October 7, 2015 8:49 pm  #1840

well margins made more sense than what my brain guessed, lol. That's the joy of having a hearing problem... my brain makes up it's own ideas and they don't always make sense. 

I'm only happy people are willing to write up stuff like that, that doesn't come with subtitles! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera