BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 6, 2015 11:30 pm  #1

More Sherlock Special Clips

I don't know if these few short snippets justify a new thread, but I wasn't entirely sure where else to put the link to them. 

Some keen-eyed Sherlockians might be able to spot more clues about the Special's premise, though honestly I haven't gained much insight except that I'm liking Benedict's Victorian Sherlock more and more. 

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-10-06/is-that-new-footage-of-the-sherlock-special-being-filmed

October 7, 2015 6:43 am  #2

Re: More Sherlock Special Clips

Yep, he´s cool!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 7, 2015 7:35 am  #3

I am happy for any half seconds I can get, sadly my laptop shows videos painfully slow and my phone wants me to install an app or something which eff's up the phone... ah well! I saw it, even if slow! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 7, 2015 10:00 am  #4

Aren't there supposed to be more coming today?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

October 7, 2015 10:06 am  #5

Yes! 9pm tonight on BBC 1!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 7, 2015 10:09 am  #6

I was on set that day when they were filming too! Nothing particularly new there, but I'll literally take anything I can get at this stage. I liked the bit where you saw a guy shoot someone and then Watson ducked out of the way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 7, 2015 12:08 pm  #7

We are the Sherlockians and we will fall to our knees for crumbs. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 7, 2015 6:19 pm  #8

@ Sherlock Holmes

More!? Oh god yes! 

@ tonnaree 

That is correct, lol. We shall take anything we can get. 

October 7, 2015 6:22 pm  #9

Yes, I think it says something about us when we loose our s--t over 2 seconds of new footage.  But I'll take it.

Clueing for looks.

October 7, 2015 7:11 pm  #10

Yitzock wrote:

Yes, I think it says something about us when we loose our s--t over 2 seconds of new footage.  But I'll take it.

Really, I have never lost my Sh*t.

I know exactly where I left it.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 7, 2015 7:30 pm  #11

Gimme scraps and crumbs!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

October 7, 2015 7:47 pm  #12

tonnaree wrote:

Yitzock wrote:

Really, I have never lost my Sh*t.

I know exactly where I left it.  

I left mine on the pavement outside St Bart's

October 7, 2015 8:07 pm  #13

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

October 7, 2015 8:13 pm  #14

Thank you! Not bad, not bad at all! 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 7, 2015 8:20 pm  #15

Oh my, this keeps getting better and better! VERY different from the ironic and self-aware teaser we got earlier. This looks more serious.

Team Hudders!

October 7, 2015 8:24 pm  #16

It looks very serious! But with some humour attached! 

I am dying to watch the actual episode, I have so many questions I can't wait to have answerred (while I absolutely love this, the excitement and the wonder)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 7, 2015 9:28 pm  #17

...AAAND they still don't give us a date! I agree, it looks quite dark with some humour mixed in.  It felt like the trailer for some origin story movie, but it looks interesting.

Last edited by Yitzock (October 7, 2015 9:31 pm)

Clueing for looks.

October 7, 2015 9:45 pm  #18

I made a strange squealing noise at the beginning of this trailer which thankfully no one was around to hear. 

Anyway, that was brilliant! Finally we get an actual look at the plot. Definitely seems darker, but in a good way (perhaps this is preparation for the confirmed "darker" season 4?). 

And Sherlock's line... "Nothing made me, I made me". 

I really liked that last bit about the hat. Kind of like Moftiss were saying, "Yeah this is a more sinister story, but still with the good old fashioned banter between Sherlock and John!" 

October 8, 2015 7:55 am  #19

Can anyone tell whether there are any ACD canon references in the Special, from the newest trailer? At first, I thought some of those lines were terribly familiar, but I can't really place them anywhere in ACD. Nor any of the images. Ideas, anyone?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t move, don’t speak, don’t breathe. I’m trying to think.

October 8, 2015 8:08 am  #20

Thus far, I haven´t noticed any... but we still have only a crumb of data.

Board footera