BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 6, 2015 9:55 pm  #81

Re: The Yellow Birds

It's been announced that Jack Huston has stepped into the role that Benedict was to play in The Yellow Birds. BC's name has been removed from the IMDB page for the movie.
http://deadline.com/2015/10/jack-huston-jennifer-aniston-the-yellow-birds-movie-replaces-benedict-cumberbatch-1201568143/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 6, 2015 10:10 pm  #82

ukaunz wrote:

It's been announced that Jack Huston has stepped into the role that Benedict was to play in The Yellow Birds. BC's name has been removed from the IMDB page for the movie.
http://deadline.com/2015/10/jack-huston-jennifer-aniston-the-yellow-birds-movie-replaces-benedict-cumberbatch-1201568143/

Very dissapointed.  This would've been a good change of pace for Ben.  *pout*

I loved the book also.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 7, 2015 9:44 am  #83

It is a very good book and I would have love to see Benedict in it but when reading it I wondered if he was right for the part. On the one hand it would have been something very different and therefore exciting. But the fact that Sergeant Sterling is almost twenty years younger than Benedict would have changed the dynamics between the characters very much. They seem to have chosen a younger actor now.

And while Benedict had so much free time in 2014, the project has been postponed until now where he has no time whatsoever. But I am sure other interesthing things will come up for him. 

Last edited by SusiGo (October 7, 2015 9:44 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 7, 2015 12:15 pm  #84

Good point Susi.  I had not thought of the age factor.  I will still want to see the movie even without Ben.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera