BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 22, 2015 11:46 am  #361

Re: Baby Watson (spoilers!)

nakahara wrote:

Prediction:

The child will be actually Sherlock´s, not John´s. Mary liked Sherlock a bit too much.

This will be the reason of reducing an audience to tears in S4.

Not even if hell freezes over. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 22, 2015 12:02 pm  #362

I can hear Sherlock screaming in anguish in the distance...

September 22, 2015 12:08 pm  #363

Dorothy83 wrote:

That´s why this is the ultimate dark twist of S4.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 22, 2015 12:17 pm  #364

nakahara wrote:

Dorothy83 wrote:

That´s why this is the ultimate dark twist of S4.

Sherlock: "Oh damn!! Did I get the wrong Watson!??! It was dark in that room....bloody hell I'm never getting high again!!! "

September 22, 2015 12:22 pm  #365

Yes, something like that! Dark twist in a dark room.

"It was a honest mistake, John...."

Last edited by nakahara (September 22, 2015 12:23 pm)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 25, 2015 4:32 am  #366

Oh, noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 26, 2015 3:37 pm  #367

nakahara wrote:

Prediction:

The child will be actually Sherlock´s, not John´s. Mary liked Sherlock a bit too much.

Oh god! This would screw with the fans so much, lol. 

But on a serious note, I do think that John's child won't live. John simply does not have a child in canon, and introducing one in the show would change the dynamic too much to stick to Conan Doyle's orginal plot.

I have a sneaking suspicion the darkness of Season 4 will revolve around Mary and the child's deaths. A part of me hopes that doesn't happen though, because John has already been throough hell. 

October 4, 2015 9:14 am  #368

John dies and Sherlock is stuck with Mary and the baby .  After all , he made the vow of protecting John and his family .
It would be terrible though

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

October 4, 2015 10:12 am  #369

nakahara wrote:

Prediction:

Where are the first fanfiction stories???

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm your landlady - not a plot device!

There are 10 voices in my head. 9 of them tell me I'm crazy. One is humming.

October 4, 2015 11:28 am  #370

Oh, this would be one of my absolute no-go tags. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 4, 2015 12:55 pm  #371

*shudder*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 4, 2015 2:33 pm  #372

Shudder, indeed...
Shock blanket and biscuits, dear?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

October 4, 2015 2:46 pm  #373

Solenn wrote:

John dies and Sherlock is stuck with Mary and the baby .  After all , he made the vow of protecting John and his family .
It would be terrible though

Aww, that's not going to happen!

October 21, 2015 9:38 am  #374

Please excuse if this has already been posted. It sums the David question up very nicely:

http://johnnlocked.tumblr.com/post/131610751856/the-baby-problem

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 21, 2015 9:53 am  #375

Surely him looking so much like John cannot be a coincidence... but I think that negates the theory that Mary was dating him and then was forced by Moriarty to leave him and start a relationship with John.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 22, 2015 5:05 pm  #376

nakahara wrote:

Prediction:

oh my goodness! what a dreadful prediction! I rather think I'm in dire need for comfort after that -yep, onto rererererere(...) watching an episode. Buried in a blanket with a cup of tea (or several).

*goes shuddering away*

Last edited by Lilythiell (October 22, 2015 5:08 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 29, 2015 2:40 pm  #377

(This assumes that the writers do not plan on killing Mary or the baby, while still finding a way to get them out of the picture.)

I wonder if John will die.

Well, not actually die, but be caught in a terrible situation where the most obvious conclusion would be that he was killed (like a building explosion, for example).  It would only be through extraordinary luck that he actually survived.  And the realization of his survival could be severely delayed, by days or perhaps even weeks.  Enough time for his loved ones to grieve and starting thinking about their next path.

If Mary thinks she loses John forever, she might decide to once again find a new life somewhere else, for her and her daughter.

This would be a clean and non-lethal way to get rid of Mary and the baby (for purposes of maintaining the story), with a lot less trauma to John (when he returns) than if either/both were to die, or Mary were to betray him in some way.

Unfortunately, it would not necessarily be a final solution, since they'd still be around somewhere.  But we know how good Mary is at hiding (and the fact that her "secret" is now out might propel her to "start fresh" once more, with a new identity, making it next to impossible for John to ever find her).

--------------------------------

John's supposed death would also make a good cliff-hanger.  Granted, they've done something similar before, but perhaps "thought to be killed" is just different enough from "fake suicide" to work.

October 29, 2015 2:44 pm  #378

Interesting idea. However, that would still mean he would never see his daughter again. (And it would be the worst cliffhanger in the world for me, I would never live through it!)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

October 29, 2015 2:47 pm  #379

Well, it would open up the doors for a potential future reunion somewhere down the line.

A more likely scenario: This idea came from my subconscious as a way to brush Mary and baby under the carpet for now so that we can get on with the main characters again!  

October 30, 2015 5:40 am  #380

Why would Mary not come back as soon as she learns John is alive?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera