BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 2, 2015 1:50 pm  #1761

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

"unless I'm lying or I change my mind" This is typical Moffat. I read it in his voice and could hear him saying it perfectly clearly.

Anyway, quite exciting to have a ghost story. Fits in with some of the spoilers we saw during setlock though, I think.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 2, 2015 3:44 pm  #1762

"- Because they knew that filming one scene in modern day clothes would completely throw the fans off and cause all kinds of wild theories to be spread, thereby distracting from what they were actually doing and ensuring that none of us will guess what the special is actually about."

I have absolutely no problem believing this.
Moffat is a black hearted bastard and yet I love him so.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 2, 2015 3:52 pm  #1763

lol
But I don't mind not being able to predict it.  It can be fun to get teasers and things, but it's also fun not knowing everything that's coming.

Clueing for looks.

October 2, 2015 5:20 pm  #1764

I agree Yiz.  I struggle with spoilers.  I like knowing somethings but there's a fine line I don't want to cross.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 2, 2015 5:53 pm  #1765

It doesn't sound to me like mind palace, dream sequence or time travel.  

We never bothered explaining why he's in modern day London. Why explain why we're in Victorian [times]?

I take that to mean that this will just be set in Victorian times for no reason, and change of time setting won't be referred to, any more than it was in ASIP.   That's what I'm hoping for, actually (unless they do something incredibly clever that I hadn't thought of).   I don't know about the cemetery scene, but it could be any of the reasons above.  Or maybe even part of of a trailer for S4. 

October 2, 2015 9:30 pm  #1766

Mark was guest in "Who do you think they are?" and the showed some material from the Special:

http://trained-cormorant.tumblr.com/post/130357225583/duskybatfishgirl-semioticofdeduction

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 2, 2015 9:41 pm  #1767

I'd recommend actually watching the clip instead of just looking at the stills.  It's easier to follow the actions and you also get to hear what Mark has to say, which is quite enjoyable.

Anyway, interesting speculation, and also fun to see bits of a scene that looks exciting but we still don't know what's really going on.

Clueing for looks.

October 2, 2015 9:47 pm  #1768

There is a link to the video in there. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 2, 2015 10:01 pm  #1769

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, so am I. And there is still the modern-day scene they filmed in the cemetery. I wonder how this will fit in. 

I feel like the cemetery scene is going to be part of Series 4, not the Special, and they just filmed it at the same time as the special, which could be for one or several reasons:

- Because they were able to get access to that graveyard at that particular time so they thought "why not"
- Because it's an important scene that is part of the build up to explaining the whole Moriarty thing, and they wanted to film it early to get it out of the way and also to be away from all the fans and speculation in London
- Because they knew that filming one scene in modern day clothes would completely throw the fans off and cause all kinds of wild theories to be spread, thereby distracting from what they were actually doing and ensuring that none of us will guess what the special is actually about
- They actualy filmed several modern scenes that will be part of the opening sequence of S4 Ep 1, but that one was the only one filmed outside and the others were indoors and we didn't get to hear about them or find out.

- Because they've learnt from experience how hard it is to film the continuation of a scene 2+ years later when it ended on a cliffhanger (like with TGG when they went back to film the rest of the pool scene and things had changed drastically).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 2, 2015 10:04 pm  #1770

SusiGo wrote:

There is a link to the video in there. 

Superb! 
And the pics from the Special look quite interesting. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 2, 2015 10:11 pm  #1771

Liberty wrote:

It doesn't sound to me like mind palace, dream sequence or time travel.  

We never bothered explaining why he's in modern day London. Why explain why we're in Victorian [times]?

I take that to mean that this will just be set in Victorian times for no reason, and change of time setting won't be referred to, any more than it was in ASIP.   That's what I'm hoping for, actually (unless they do something incredibly clever that I hadn't thought of).   I don't know about the cemetery scene, but it could be any of the reasons above.  Or maybe even part of of a trailer for S4. 

But Amanda said "Everything becomes clear as to why we’re in Victorian dress". So there must be some kind of explanation

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 3, 2015 1:33 pm  #1772

ukaunz wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, so am I. And there is still the modern-day scene they filmed in the cemetery. I wonder how this will fit in. 

I feel like the cemetery scene is going to be part of Series 4, not the Special, and they just filmed it at the same time as the special, which could be for one or several reasons:

- Because they were able to get access to that graveyard at that particular time so they thought "why not"
- Because it's an important scene that is part of the build up to explaining the whole Moriarty thing, and they wanted to film it early to get it out of the way and also to be away from all the fans and speculation in London
- Because they knew that filming one scene in modern day clothes would completely throw the fans off and cause all kinds of wild theories to be spread, thereby distracting from what they were actually doing and ensuring that none of us will guess what the special is actually about
- They actualy filmed several modern scenes that will be part of the opening sequence of S4 Ep 1, but that one was the only one filmed outside and the others were indoors and we didn't get to hear about them or find out.

- Because they've learnt from experience how hard it is to film the continuation of a scene 2+ years later when it ended on a cliffhanger (like with TGG when they went back to film the rest of the pool scene and things had changed drastically).

Yes ^^^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 3, 2015 4:19 pm  #1773

Did they say if it will be a 7-8 minutes special like before S3 or more like a real episode ?  God please let it be a true episode

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

October 3, 2015 4:23 pm  #1774

I highly doubt it.  It's going to be shown in cinemas.  They wouldn't do that if it were only 8 minutes long.

Clueing for looks.

October 3, 2015 4:29 pm  #1775

I am sure that it will be the usual length of roughly 90 minutes.

October 3, 2015 4:32 pm  #1776

I hate my self for not being English
I count on everybody going to see it to tell me every seconds of this episode ! And yes that's a death threat.

October 5, 2015 7:14 pm  #1777

On tumblr there is some speculation that we might get information next Wednesday after the Great British Bake Off final. Keeping fingers crossed!

http://inevitably-johnlocked.tumblr.com/post/130356875585/okay-i-havent-been-online-much-the-last-days

October 5, 2015 8:28 pm  #1778

October 5, 2015 8:41 pm  #1779

Oh my ! So we'll officialy know more on October 24th ? CANT WAIT  And hoping for Wenesday too !

Last edited by Solenn (October 5, 2015 8:41 pm)

October 5, 2015 11:11 pm  #1780

They better tell us some bloody thing before the fandom riots!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera