BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 25, 2015 12:47 pm  #21

Re: Bart's Rooftop: "I've ... got ... you"

It doesn't sound like the Sonny & Cher song for me either. Frank Sinatra sounds better. I just get the feeling that Sherlock/Ben was going for a song, to me that's what it sounds like.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

September 25, 2015 12:52 pm  #22

Here's the Cheryl Cole song if anyone wants a listen
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gQRXikxhbB0
The lyrics are surprisingly apt!

Last edited by ukaunz (September 25, 2015 12:55 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 25, 2015 1:51 pm  #23

Hmm...not quite the right tune, either.  Like Ariane said, the line in the show doesn't sound quite like the songs we've mentioned, because of the intonation and rhythm.  It leads me to believe he might not have been thinking of any song in particular.  Either that or it's a song that we haven't thought of.

Clueing for looks.

September 28, 2015 3:50 pm  #24

Thank you all for your input and suggestions.  There were quite a few good thoughts posted on this thread.

I had wondered if there was more this scene that meets the eye - but I suspect this is not the case.  I will just accept that this was simply how the line was delivered, and unless we ever find out otherwise, that it is of no particular importance.

October 27, 2015 8:25 pm  #25

I hadn't really thought of that Sonny and Cher song ("I Got You Babe", since he sings "I've Got You"..)
I had always thought he was mimicing the same jaunty cadence of the classic Cole Porter  'I've Got You (Under my Skin')-  which made sense to me at the time,
since some of his following lines are "I am you - prepared to do anything...",  plus Mark Gatiss loves musicals.

Of course that 'Parachute' song has perfect lyrics for this,  and the original Ingrid Michaelson version was probably popular around when this was being filmed...

Or it's just mockery.

Who knows what goes on in that funny head of his. 

Board footera