BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 24, 2015 10:28 am  #101

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

Setlock for s4 will be an absolute CARNAGE.

September 24, 2015 12:49 pm  #102

Interesting she says February and Moffat April-ish, or April is the new February? Maybe Steven should tell her.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 24, 2015 12:55 pm  #103

lol Either she's misinformed/not up to date, or she's hoing it'll be sooner whereas Moffat is estimating it'll be later because of circumstances.  I have no idea.  Unless they're filming in February and it comes out in the spring? Or some of Amada's parts are being filmed earlier? 

Clueing for looks.

September 24, 2015 1:00 pm  #104

I'm thinking they both probably know Spring, but they're offering their different versions of 'Spring'...

September 24, 2015 1:11 pm  #105

Maybe.  Hard to say when we don't know everything they know.

Clueing for looks.

September 24, 2015 2:04 pm  #106

Gave my flatmate my Dvds. She watched all except HLV till now, and just came into the kitchen asking

Her: and afterwards? Is there a series 4?

Me: ahem. Uhem. Yeah, maybe they film it next year... But, there will be a Special, hopefully around christmas...

Here: WHAT?!? That's three months!!!

Me: *laughing* ahem, you know, that's actually not too bad... you know, just go watch HLV and join the wait for series 4... you will understand...  usually we wait about 2 years for a new series...

Her: TWO  YEARS???!?

Me: welcome to our lives.

Last edited by Whisky (September 24, 2015 2:06 pm)

"It is what it is."

September 24, 2015 2:11 pm  #107

ha. I always love to hear people's reactions because they sound so naive bless them...

My auntie (who is 79 years old!) adores Sherlock and keeps telling me every time we chat on the phone 'yeah so the 4th series is coming out at Christmas right?' and I go 'nope!' and she's like 'what do you mean, they're filming it right now!'

She's in denial...

September 24, 2015 2:30 pm  #108

I just want to throw in that I understand where Dorothy is coming from. I feel similar, I just don't voice it much. I am kind of interested in the Special because it could be cool, but yes, it's too early, and yes, I would have very much preferred series four before.
And I want things resolved in series four, not in the Special, because if I don't like the Special, I want to watch the series in a row without missing out on sth.

Apart from that, I don't complain too much because it's their toy, not mine. But it couldn't hurt to care a bit more about the fans -I mean with their informations. I don't mean playing with them like in TEH.... 

"It is what it is."

September 24, 2015 2:35 pm  #109

yes, if they have to have a bloody Victorian special, I'd rather they did something completely separate - ONLY because I don't want the HLV storyline to be revolved in shits and giggles like, 'oh!Sherlock just had this dream where they were all dressed Victorian and he discovered Moriarty's ancestors and found out where they hide so now we know where Moriarty is, and now we can all go find him together and laugh about it haha!'

If you know what I mean? This storyline is so heartbreaking and intense and I want it resolved seriously, not like a bloody pantomime (eg not like they resolved the Fall! )

Last edited by Dorothy83 (September 24, 2015 2:35 pm)

September 24, 2015 2:36 pm  #110

Hehe... aren't we all in denial? 

"It is what it is."

September 24, 2015 4:35 pm  #111

I don't think we can assume that the Victorian special is just going to be fun bits, though.  If it's going to have anything to do with the rest of the series, thematically or storywise, then I think there will be a serious element too.  I don't think it will go that far out of the rest of the show in that way.  It's still part of the same show, so I don't think they'll make it that different in that respect.
I also don't think everything will be resolved in the special.  Have we ever had anything resolved in one episode? Except for individual cases, we haven't, so I doubt that this will be the case with the special.

Clueing for looks.

September 24, 2015 4:56 pm  #112

I think there will be subtle hints and mirrors in the special that will call back to the series.  I don't really think they would give us any "answers" in the special but they might point us at different things to think about.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 24, 2015 5:47 pm  #113

That's what I've been inclined to think, for the most part.

Clueing for looks.

September 24, 2015 5:47 pm  #114

About 'April-ish' and February... who knows, maybe Moffat is trying to make us less impatient if there's a delay... while Amanda and the rest have probably been told the accurate shooting times... or yeah, maybe she's not up to date... if I remember correctly we've heard mentions of February before??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 24, 2015 6:12 pm  #115

that's true, that's why I was wondering whether there's been a change of plans that she's not aware of at the moment.  But I think the other possiblities that you've mentioned are just as likely.

Clueing for looks.

September 29, 2015 3:37 pm  #116

Here is an interesting quote by Amanda about series 4 and the special:

"Then in February we start shooting the fourth lot of Sherlock. I’m sworn to secrecy, but the story arc is brilliant. Before that there’s a Christmas special set in the Victorian era. It was so much fun to film, and felt like a real caper. Everything becomes clear as to why we’re in Victorian dress, but it still follows the path left by the third series."

source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/11870398/Sherlocks-Amanda-Abbington-actors-need-to-remember-how-lucky-they-are.html

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 29, 2015 3:38 pm  #117

if they screw up the HLV storyline by making it into a joke I swear to God this time I will flip.

October 17, 2015 11:17 am  #118

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 17, 2015 11:20 am  #119

Yay! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

October 17, 2015 12:09 pm  #120

Heck he's starting early!
He famously always writes his scripts last...
So I take it Mark's is already done....
I wonder if they will be starting filming earlier rather than later next year, then.
Plus I presume Steven is writing the first episode of S4, then...
The resolution of His Last Vow....
That's the first time this has been done.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera