BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 20, 2015 1:11 am  #1

Anderson's Wife???

What happens to Anderson's wife? We know that he was cheating on her with Donovon, as stated in the first episode, but after that we never hear about her again and isn't that odd since Anderson becomes completely obsessed with Sherlock Holmes after Sherlock fakes his death. If he was spending so much time obsessing over someone who was presumed dead his wife would surely notice. Did they seperate, that would make the most sense I suppose. 

x SherlockianPrincess 

September 20, 2015 1:20 am  #2

Re: Anderson's Wife???

To the best of my recollection, this is not covered in the story, either explicitly or implicitly.

I figure there are three likely scenarios:

1. They are still together - there is nothing I can think of seeing that precludes this possibility.

2. They split up due to general issues - the cheating in S1 could be the cause, or indicitive of greater problems they were having, leading to their separation.

3. They split up due to his obsession with Sherlock - if this was strong enough to cost him his job, it is feasible that it could have also cost him his marriage.

But unless there are details I am not recalling, this is really not addressed.  And is of relatively no importance to the story itself.

Board footera