BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 16, 2012 4:36 pm  #21

Re: I favour the simple solution

...but these are puffy crisps! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 16, 2012 10:12 pm  #22

Ahh but they fracture soooo easily. What with Sherlocks weight despite not eating very often, combined with the trajectory and speed, I am afraid they would be more crumbs than crisp 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/LyraWednesday?feature=guide

@Bad_Nade on Twitter
Sherlocks_Pants on LJ

July 17, 2012 4:43 am  #23

Nadezhda wrote:

Ahh but they fracture soooo easily. What with Sherlocks weight despite not eating very often, combined with the trajectory and speed, I am afraid they would be more crumbs than crisp 

Actually not completely true. (I'll explain in simple terms)
If in fact you gathered quite a few air-inflated packets of crisps & crammed them in a completely airtight vacuum sealed bag, there is no movement of the packets inside the outer bag. When something with a large surface area (such as a body) connects with it at a fast speed, very little breakage of damage will occur.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 17, 2012 6:35 am  #24

kazza474 wrote:

Nadezhda wrote:

If in fact you gathered quite a few air-inflated packets of crisps & crammed them in a completely airtight vacuum sealed bag, there is no movement of the packets inside the outer bag. When something with a large surface area (such as a body) connects with it at a fast speed, very little breakage of damage will occur.

See post above... If you reseal the bag to ensure it doesn't burst on impact, it could work, but why bother using crisps in the first place?
You could just as well use an air-filled cushion or any other type of bag... 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

July 17, 2012 7:39 am  #25

hypergreenfrog wrote:

kazza474 wrote:

Nadezhda wrote:

See post above... If you reseal the bag to ensure it doesn't burst on impact, it could work, but why bother using crisps in the first place?
You could just as well use an air-filled cushion or any other type of bag... 

You are questioning the use of Quavers?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 17, 2012 11:44 am  #26

Alright, you got me there, I just really dislike Quavers 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

July 21, 2012 4:53 pm  #27

Crisps... yeah, very simple.

I'm going to agree, that the solution is as simple as possible, but without becoming implausible, unrealistic and stupid. But „it was something really simple“ is not a theory, it's a lazy nothing. Going down from the rooftop and being simply not dead would be a solution, but not a plan. Also, going down from the rooftop and being simply not dead is not simple. It would be simple if Sherlock were a superhero from outer space, but he isn't. So what was the simple plan of Sherlocks and what is the simple solution of this situation?

> Don't take it personally, please. <

edit: foreign-language-problems: grammar, orthography, wrong vocables, breaks

August 5, 2012 9:40 pm  #28

You're absolutely right, but it'd be a huge cop-out if they just decided "No, he really did jump."
"It was off a roof!"
"Yeah?"
"He should have died!"
"...He got better."

August 6, 2012 2:17 am  #29

"more crumbs than crisp "

I just spluttered tea all over the keyboard.. uh-oh.

Board footera