BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 16, 2012 7:30 am  #1

Filming series 3 - Press releases, news , discussions here

Steven Moffat said that they had already been filming parts of how Sherlock did it and that looks like it might be airing this year . Wrong! Its not returning till the earliest janury next year as benedict and martin r busy doing other things

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

February 16, 2012 2:51 pm  #2

Re: Filming series 3 - Press releases, news , discussions here

I know! It's sooo sad  but, then we will be even more exited when it finally comes out 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

February 16, 2012 3:10 pm  #3

Totally but I don't think I can wait ..... but its going to be awesome when it comes out

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

February 16, 2012 4:19 pm  #4

Yeah, they should do it in time for New Year's Day again, or perhaps Jan 6th 2013 - Sherlock's birthday is Jan 6th so that'd be a nice touch.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 16, 2012 7:34 pm  #5

It would defo give his birthday a big bang hehe if u like

What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

February 18, 2012 3:17 am  #6

Its gonna be one long year ugh
Me and my two friends have a joke since they say the world is gonna in in 2012 (Uhuh sure) That it cant end because series 3 hasn't come out yet.
I really am hoping that both Ben and Martin finish there other works by the end of the year. I heard Hobbit should be done filming by summer? and I'm hoping star trek won't take so long.

Sherlock Holmes: Shut up everybody, shut up! Don't move, don't speak, don't breathe, I'm trying to think. Anderson, face the other way, you're putting me off.

February 18, 2012 6:55 am  #7

Startrek is being filmed now so I think it should be out the same time as the hobbit

What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

February 19, 2012 12:55 pm  #8

The Hobbit is also filming now. It will be out in UK December 14th.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 19, 2012 1:01 pm  #9

As long as I don't have to wait three years like poor John for Sherlock to come back I won't complain...*sigh*

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 9, 2012 4:47 pm  #10

next year? duh.. I guess I'll spend this year guessing what's next..

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

March 14, 2012 3:30 am  #11

Now it's being reported that filming series 3 won't even begin until early 2013:

http://www.digitalspy.com/british-tv/s129/sherlock/news/a370954/sherlock-series-three-to-shoot-in-early-2013.html

sad.

At least that leaves a lot of time for the writers to absorb all the feedback on these forums...

March 14, 2012 4:49 am  #12

well, not in early 2013? let assume it will begin at February/ March / April... #hopeless

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

March 15, 2012 12:50 pm  #13

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ariel/17350954

I can't wait that long

What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

March 15, 2012 1:28 pm  #14

Sorry, going to have to! You'll be an expert on the other 6 episodes by then.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 15, 2012 1:36 pm  #15

...plus the pilot makes 7! So much stuff...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 15, 2012 2:22 pm  #16

Read the books and try to work out which stories they'll do next. I've started making a document of good quotes and storylines that they haven't used yet - it's fun!

March 15, 2012 5:54 pm  #17

Yeah the original stories are the way to go!

May 2, 2012 9:17 pm  #18

Doesn't come as a great surprise...and it's typical of Moffat. As someone said in the comments section at the bottom - he'll probably make us wait the full three years!!

http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/897920-sherlock-series-three-in-doubt-due-to-actors-and-writers-commitments

May 2, 2012 11:27 pm  #19

I'm not sure that that's news. It's for the US market so maybe they haven't heard about the filming not happening until next year or something.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 3, 2012 3:22 am  #20

Seems like it's just a rehash as Wholocked says.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

Board footera