BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 28, 2015 2:18 am  #181

Re: Jeremy Brett Picture Thread

Another great photo from the play!

July 28, 2015 6:42 am  #182

Perfect!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 28, 2015 8:40 am  #183

July 28, 2015 8:41 am  #184

July 28, 2015 8:49 am  #185

A dashing gentleman!

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 28, 2015 9:06 am  #186

July 28, 2015 10:40 am  #187

Jeremy was so agile and nimble in the first series of the Adventures.... too bad his state deteriorated later.
Still, great pic!

July 28, 2015 12:41 pm  #188

It is a shame but even when he wasn't in the best of health, he could still deliver a fine performance. He always remained in character as the master detective.

July 29, 2015 6:34 am  #189

Yes, he was a real professional and a talented man.

July 29, 2015 1:51 pm  #190

July 29, 2015 2:07 pm  #191

He looks quite worn out and tired in those ones. I guess he had a time of depression in his bipolar disorder there.
OOT: I like your new avatar, Brett.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

July 29, 2015 2:16 pm  #192

Another great promotional pic of Jeremy and Edward

July 29, 2015 8:10 pm  #193

They are just comfortable with each other in every single scene, that is wonderful to see. They were friends in real life also, weren't they?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

July 30, 2015 1:15 am  #194

mrshouse, I'm glad you like my like my avatar since fits my own personal taste as I do love both "Sherlock" and the Granada series with Jeremy Brett.

I do enjoy the later episodes as much as the earlier ones. However, its not always easy to see him that way. The reason for his bloated appearance in later series is because of the lithium tablets for his depression that he took, which caused fluid rentention and ultimately took a toll on his heart. It is sad as felt that he left us way too soon. He one of the few people where I still lament his death to this day.

Here is a brave, poignant statement he made to raise awareness about manic-depression before he died

Last edited by BrettHolmes (July 30, 2015 1:15 am)

August 9, 2015 12:56 am  #195

"Friend of mine. When I say friend..."

Jeremy playing Hamlet in 1961

Here is a better image of it here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Brett#/media/File:Jeremy_Brett_as_Hamlet.jpg

August 10, 2015 9:03 am  #196

BrettHolmes wrote:

"Friend of mine. When I say friend..."

Jeremy playing Hamlet in 1961

Here is a better image of it here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Brett#/media/File:Jeremy_Brett_as_Hamlet.jpg

Jeremy as Hamlet! And so edible too! SQUEEEEE!!!

August 30, 2015 9:42 pm  #197

Undressing, Holmes style:

September 4, 2015 7:59 pm  #198

"Speckled band" Jeremy. He looked great in this one:

September 13, 2015 12:40 am  #199

Jeremy Brett died on September 12, 1995 so today/yesterday (depending on your time zone) marks 20 years since the world lost this amazing man.

Let's remember some of his lighter moments as Sherlock Holmes

Found via http://www.ihearofsherlock.com/2015/09/remembering-jeremy-brett-20-years-later.html

Last edited by ukaunz (September 13, 2015 12:42 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 13, 2015 1:28 pm  #200

It´s 20 years already! Unbelievable.... time flies so quickly.... 

The video was beautiful, thank you ukaunz, for honoring Jeremy this way. 

Board footera