BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 24, 2015 5:36 pm  #1

Another one from Germany...

Hey there!

As the title implies, I'm German so please don't blame me for mistakes (especially comma placement. I just don't get it x.x)
I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say in the next lines. Good luck with that :D

I'm 16 years old, attend high school (11th grade) and just realized that talking English is much easier than writing it. So I'll try not to write as much as I'd do usually.
My hobbies are reading (/reading manga), playing computer games and watching anime/ videos on YouTube (far too much. Definitely.) Besides I've been playing table tennis in a club for... almost 7 years, I think.

I started watching Sherlock because two of my friends were talking about it really much an I thought "Well, I watched 'The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes' with Jeremy Brett an I liked it, so why not?"
So I started watching (and loving) it. Especially Moriarty (also called "my little psychopath"). I started to love Andrew Scott as well (I'm sure there's no conection between loving him and loving Jim Moriarty. Really. :D), I think he is a brilliant actor and an really adorable person :3

Also, I'm very grateful to this series because I watched a Wholock-crossover (more or less by accident) which made me watch Doctor Who. Now this is my absolutely favourite TV serial. Sorry, Sherlock is only the second. Don't blame me! :S

Yeah... I think that's enough about me and my English-"skills" (please tell me the biggest mistakes I make so I can improve myself :D), so...

Bye

P.S: For some reason, "enemy", "indeed" and "absolutely" are my favourite words in the English language. I just love to pronounce them. Call me strange

August 24, 2015 5:48 pm  #2

Re: Another one from Germany...

Hallöchen :-)!

Welcome to the forum, Moonatic! Which area in Germany are you from? Do you have English advanced courses? Well, I hope you'll enjoy hanging around and taking part in our discussions.
By the way, comma placement in English is a mystery to me as well ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm your landlady - not a plot device!

There are 10 voices in my head. 9 of them tell me I'm crazy. One is humming.

August 24, 2015 5:57 pm  #3

Hi, warm welcome and enjoy 

Don't worry - do you know what? Sometimes native speakers' English is even worse 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 24, 2015 6:02 pm  #4

Hallo and welcome to the forum, Moonatic!
Don't worry about your grammar. And guess what, we're also having a little "Doctor Who" thread here: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=25

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 24, 2015 6:11 pm  #5

@kornmuhme

(Ok, mit Leuten aus Deutschland auf Englisch schreiben fühlt sich komisch an :D)

I'm from Saxony (best accent xD). No, just the basic course (it took me a while to make the decision between history and English advanced course), but my school year just started today so I don't think there is a big difference right now :D

Yeah, I hope so, too
But my activity in forums always (ok, there were just one or two I was registered :D) tends to decrease constantly. I hope i'll manage to fix that now. Keep your fingers crossed!

Oh, it feels good to know that I'm not the only one

@ Harriet

Haha thanks
Everything's fine as long as people undertand me basically :D

@ SolarSystem

Thanks
Sounds good, I'll check it out

August 24, 2015 6:13 pm  #6

Welcome from another German, Moonatic, have fun here

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 24, 2015 6:16 pm  #7

Thanks, I'm sure I will

August 25, 2015 4:27 am  #8

Welcome to the forum. Have a nice time here.

And never mind commas, they are creepy little things.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 25, 2015 7:00 am  #9

Hi and welcome!
Don't worry about your English skills. I make my way through this forum so should you as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 25, 2015 7:24 am  #10

Welcome, Moonatic, nice to have you here. I like Dr Who very much although Sherlock still has a special place in my heart. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 25, 2015 7:39 am  #11

Willkommen, finally someone from the eastern part of Germany, I'm from Berlin and we are extremely underrepresented.

Last edited by Ivy (August 25, 2015 2:11 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 25, 2015 10:08 am  #12

Hi from Australia! Don't worry, your English is fine, better indeed than many Australians who have English as their first language Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of Doctor Who fans here, so I'm sure you'll feel right at home

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 25, 2015 1:10 pm  #13

Warm welcome :-)
My number one is still Sherlock, but Dr. Who is catching up with each episode I watch :-)

Last edited by Whisky (August 25, 2015 1:13 pm)

"It is what it is."

August 25, 2015 1:27 pm  #14

A very warm welcome from a fellow German, I hope you'll have a great time here

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

August 25, 2015 2:02 pm  #15

@ all of you
Thank you for the nice words, I'm sure that I'll have a great time here.

And it's nice to see some Doctor Who-loving people from Germany. It should be more famous here here :D

@ Schmiezi
Commas are absolutely creepy. Also in German. Nothing but trouble with those plenty little things

@ Ivy
Ossipower!

@ ukaunz
That's funny to hear , thanks

August 25, 2015 7:50 pm  #16

Moonatic wrote:

And it's nice to see some Doctor Who-loving people from Germany. It should be more famous here here :D

Absolutely, it's a real shame. If it hadn't been for Sherlock and Moffat, I never would have started to watch "Doctor Who"... gosh, what a creepy thought!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 30, 2015 7:44 am  #17

Willkommen! Hello and welcome to the forum. Your English is fine and your adoration of all things Andrew Scott is perfectly understandable. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 1, 2015 6:48 pm  #18

Wish I could have answered earlier, but even if it's only the second school week it's already like "Please do these 10 homeworks until tomorrow. Have fun!"

@ SolarSystem
That's indeed a creepy thougt :o
So, thanks to Sherlock! ... again!

@ Davina
It's still good to hear that my English is understandable ;)
Yeah... I just love him. I really do.

Board footera