BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 30, 2015 11:00 pm  #81

Re: It's a boy! Ben is now a father...

Saw someone Facebook refer to baby boy as Sir Christopher the Jr Batch.
I am totally stealing this.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 31, 2015 4:16 am  #82

What a lovely name. And congrats to them for keeping it secret so long.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 31, 2015 5:36 am  #83

Aww…  that's sweet!   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 31, 2015 9:02 am  #84

Lovely name for a most certainly lovely little boy. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 31, 2015 12:26 pm  #85

I read it yesterday, I like the name. I was sure Timothy or Carlton is in it. And Christopher is traditional but not old-fashioned. So June 1 then, wow so they were able to hide the birth it for almost 2 weeks.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 14, 2015 1:41 pm  #86

It appears that baby Christopher got christened on the isle of Wight at the weekend. It took place in the very church, where Ben and Sophie got married as well:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/14/benedict-cumberbatch-sophie-hunter-christened-their-son-on-the-isle-of-wight-5390211/

Congrats to Christopher and his parents.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

September 14, 2015 5:40 pm  #87

Wish good health and good luck to both the baby and his parents. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 21, 2015 10:11 am  #88

There are pap pictures going around of Ben and little Christopher  

I just had a small 'fight' with a very good friend on facebook over them... she shared some of them and tagged me to show me, all proud even. I can't make her understand just how wrong this is. 
The pics are horrible. Ben is trying to hide his son and run away from the photographers 

In the end the girl removed my name from the post... but that's just not enough. How can anyone think it's okay???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 21, 2015 10:23 am  #89

It's horrible. Earlier I saw some pics with Ben and Sophie on their way to the Christening, Sophie shielding Christopher with her umbrella/parasol. I never shared them here, because it was clear the pics weren't appproved of.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

September 21, 2015 10:27 am  #90

What really hurts is that she honestly thought I would be happy to see those pictures

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 21, 2015 11:07 am  #91

Are you referring to those pics in the Fail, Phantom?
Yes, I stumbled across them as well. But to be honest, and if that makes you feel a little bit better, that was not my impression at all, that he tried to hide him or run away. He held the baby supporting his head which is completely normal. And him and Sophie looked like they were aware of the situation.
I agree we should not share them though.
What I find VERY VERY disturbing is that it's just a welcomed occasion for those haters again to flesh out every detail as about the state of their relation and other nasty little insults... Gah...
They look like perfectly normal fresh parents who are tired just like EVERYWHERE around the world would, damn it!!

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

September 21, 2015 11:11 am  #92

I don't even know who took those pictures... but The Fail seems a likely culprit. 

Right now my facebook is full of those pictures and Doctor Who spoilers... I don't know why but I'm getting so worked up about this, The argument got worse with that girl and her friends who just don't see the problem and I also got some trouble for saying my opinion on one of the BC facebook pages... 

So I'm on a facebook break from now on. Gah. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 21, 2015 11:28 am  #93

Agreed. Luckily they're not on my FB yet, and while I'm happy to see him so happy and cute I am annoyed that people now have those pictures.

September 22, 2015 2:54 am  #94

mrshouse wrote:

..... What I find VERY VERY disturbing is that it's just a welcomed occasion for those haters again to flesh out every detail as about the state of their relation and other nasty little insults... Gah...

I know nothing about the haters and the nasty stuff they have to say, because I don't hang out on twitter or tumblr. At all. For those who are disturbed by what the haters (all types of haters!) have to say, the only defense is to get as far away from them as possible.  Just what I do, it helps keep me (relatively) sane.

September 22, 2015 2:56 am  #95

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I don't even know who took those pictures... but The Fail seems a likely culprit. 

Right now my facebook is full of those pictures and Doctor Who spoilers... I don't know why but I'm getting so worked up about this, The argument got worse with that girl and her friends who just don't see the problem and I also got some trouble for saying my opinion on one of the BC facebook pages... 

So I'm on a facebook break from now on. Gah. 

Good for you. Facebook is another place where molehills can be blown up into mountains, and it just plain ain't worth it.

September 22, 2015 3:05 am  #96

Aww, I just went to the Daily Mail website and looked at these supposedly controversial pictures of the three of them, and honestly, the photos looked lovely to me. Ben and Sophie are not paying a bit of attention to whoever took the pics. It's just the three of them, the baby in a stroller, and a couple of pics have Ben carrying him up against his shoulder. No photos of the baby's face, just an infant in blue. And there's an adorable pic of Ben pushing the stroller, looking down into his son's face, and making a wonky googley-eyed face at him, the way one might with a smiley infant. Too cute for words.

See, I don't see this as an invasion of their privacy, not at all.  They were on a crowded public street, no one disturbed them, no one was threatening them, etc. At least here in the US., this kind of photography is perfectly legal. So...  I guess I just can't get worked up about any of this.

The baby's name, which we all have been led to believe is Christopher Carlton Cumberbatch (say that fast two or three times, I dare you, lol) has apparently not been released in an official way yet, if the Mail is to be believed anyway.

September 22, 2015 6:35 am  #97

Ancient, regardless of how it looked I still firmly believe that pictures of celebrity kids should be illegal.

Also knowing what Ben said about taking pictures... This is going very much against him. When 'fanpages' post things like that they automatically turn to hate sites in my eyes.

Respect... it has apparently gone out of fashion

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 22, 2015 7:11 am  #98

Hm, that is a bit too black and white for me, Phantom.
Every kid must be protected from nastiness, there is no doubt about that. Celebrity children are endangered to get overexposed without the consent of their parents. I think it's absolutely right not to show them off, blur their faces, not to share them on social media and take them down on request again.
That said, the question was, how comfortable Ben and Sophie were in this very situation. I just couldn't agree with you that those pics looked like they were on the run or trying to hide the little baby away.

September 22, 2015 9:04 am  #99

mrshouse wrote:

What I find VERY VERY disturbing is that it's just a welcomed occasion for those haters again to flesh out every detail as about the state of their relation and other nasty little insults... Gah...
They look like perfectly normal fresh parents who are tired just like EVERYWHERE around the world would, damn it!!

Actually, the pictures will force haters to back off for a while (untill they spin a new crazy theory, of course). They tried to paint Benedict as an uncaring, negligent father lately and these pics made a gigantic hole into their stupid speculations.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 22, 2015 10:14 am  #100

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Ancient, regardless of how it looked I still firmly believe that pictures of celebrity kids should be illegal.

Also knowing what Ben said about taking pictures... This is going very much against him. When 'fanpages' post things like that they automatically turn to hate sites in my eyes.

Respect... it has apparently gone out of fashion

We probably should start a new thread about this.

I have no idea how it works in other countries, but in the US, photography of celebs in public could never be made or considered illegal. Unless photos are taken in the commision of a crime or in order to facilitate a crime, then the press is 100% free here, and photography is part of "press". Some of us might not like the gossip rags and gossip websites, but their content comes under the umbrella of information, and here in the US, that freedom is a First Amendment right.

And of course, it's OUR right not to look, if we don't like it. That's an important right too!

Board footera