BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 6, 2013 10:14 am  #41

Re: Poetry: limericks, odes and the like

Bumping again! Even if you can't contribute have a read through this thread and, hopefully, enjoy. 

Last edited by Davina (May 6, 2013 10:14 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 15, 2013 8:02 am  #42

Since I am struggling with grammar I do not dare to try one myself.

Arthur Conan Doyle, The Empire 1902

They said that it had feet of clay
That its fall was sure and quick.
In the flames of yesterday
All the clay was burned to brick.

When they carved our epitaph
And marked us doomed beyond recall,
"We are", we anwered, with a laugh,
"The Empire that declines to fall".

May 15, 2013 8:06 am  #43

My favourite Sherlock related one:

No mask like open truth to cover lies,
as to go naked is the best disguise.

William Congreve

January 20, 2014 11:47 am  #44

Reviving this thread as we now have some new characters we can dabble with...Plus events that may lend themselves to some poesie.

So who/what shall we start with?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 22, 2014 11:20 am  #45

Maybe we could do something together.

I never wrote poetry in English so I'm a bit shy of that to do it alone.

-----------------------------
“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
Terry Pratchett - A Hat Full of Sky

January 24, 2014 4:23 pm  #46

Be wrote:

Why I think of Sherlock Holmes and Watson here?

February 3, 2014 3:42 pm  #47

ok today I was in the mood to write a little silly Sherlock poem. Not beta-read, all mistakes are mine

On a January day
These two men had met
Since then they stay
Together in one flat

They can be both quite sassy
And love solving crimes
But one of them is messy
Which makes the other one whine

They are clueing for looks
On their sitty things
They are on each other's hooks
That's what the birds sing

Then one of them 'deaded'
Or so it seems
That's what the other one's dreaded
In the worst of worst of his dreams

Two years later
The dead man came back
The hearse was empty
And so was the flat

Now they are alone
And they owe so much
But they don't phone
And don't meet up

This poem now ends
But their story does not
One day they'll hold hands
That will be quite hot

The Game is On!

February 4, 2014 9:50 am  #48

I like that Marva! Could you put 'deaded' in again for the second 'dead'? The sitty things made me smile!

February 4, 2014 10:28 am  #49

holmes23 wrote:

Be wrote:

Why I think of Sherlock Holmes and Watson here?

I don't know.

August 26, 2015 8:29 pm  #50

A little Sherlock limerick by me:

There once was a curly detective
Who was not so very affective
But one day he found
- And his life turned around -
A sweet little doctor infective.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 26, 2015 8:37 pm  #51

I. love. that.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 4, 2015 2:50 am  #52

A camera phoneAnd stunning red lips34 inches is the width of my hips A deduction it wasAs he managed to seeThen I said, "I'm flattered" and he said "Don't be". He gave me his coat,As I must confess,The first time we met, I was in my battle dress. Every time that I text,I put Mrs Hudson in strifeAs she scolds Sherlock, "at my time of life!". I texted him many timesI was the winnerAs I messaged to him, "I'm sad, let's have dinner". She loves to play games,Hmmm, let me see.Is the password 221b? In a red boxI sent him my phoneBut rest assured, it wasn't a loan I needed to disappear I needed to die,But John now knows that I am alive. I slept on his bed,They made duplicates of my phone,But that camera phone is my life, i know which one i own 1058He puts the number inLittle does he know that i have tricked him I unlock my real phone,And show him a code,Suddenly he plunges into deduction mode Desperate to show off,He tells the info to me,Which I then text to Moriar-ty I love to play the game,It gives me such joysAnd I have been told how to play the Holmes boys With a grimace, Mycroft says"Nicely done"" No" says his brother "The game's not yet won" He takes the phone in his hand"Sentiment is found on the losing side"He says to me, staring, wide eyed He begins to study it"What are you talking about?"But my smirk begins to turn to a pout "You" he says"Dear God, poor man"He must think that he's got a fan Tears begin to wellHe has seen through my facade.And my emotions can no longer be jarred. A tear falls From my eye"I was just playing the game" I sigh Stepping up closeHe says with feeling,"I know. And this, this is just losing". He shows me the screen,My heart is mocked,As the password shows up on the phone, "I am Sher-locked" "You're right, everything I've said is false""And I know you're in love with me.......Because I took your pulse".

Miss me

October 4, 2015 11:29 am  #53

Could you please change the colour to white? This way it is illegible. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 5, 2015 6:46 am  #54

=14.6667pxA camera phone=14.6667pxAnd stunning red lips=14.6667px34 inches is the width of my hips =14.6667pxA deduction it was=14.6667pxAs he managed to see=14.6667pxThen I said, "I'm flattered" and he said "Don't be". =14.6667pxHe gave me his coat,=14.6667pxAs I must confess,=14.6667pxThe first time we met, I was in my battle dress. =14.6667pxEvery time that I text,=14.6667pxI put Mrs Hudson in strife=14.6667pxAs she scolds Sherlock, "at my time of life!". =14.6667pxI texted him many times=14.6667pxI was the winner=14.6667pxAs I messaged to him, "I'm sad, let's have dinner". =14.6667pxShe loves to play games,=14.6667pxHmmm, let me see.=14.6667pxIs the password 221b? =14.6667pxIn a red box=14.6667pxI sent him my phone=14.6667pxBut rest assured, it wasn't a loan =14.6667pxI needed to disappear =14.6667pxI needed to die,=14.6667pxBut John now knows that I am alive. =14.6667pxI slept on his bed,=14.6667pxThey made duplicates of my phone,=14.6667pxBut that camera phone is my life, i know which one i own =14.6667px1058=14.6667pxHe puts the number in=14.6667pxLittle does he know that i have tricked him =14.6667pxI unlock my real phone,=14.6667pxAnd show him a code,=14.6667pxSuddenly he plunges into deduction mode =14.6667pxDesperate to show off,=14.6667pxHe tells the info to me,=14.6667pxWhich I then text to Moriar-ty =14.6667pxI love to play the game,=14.6667pxIt gives me such joys=14.6667pxAnd I have been told how to play the Holmes boys =14.6667pxWith a grimace, Mycroft says=14.6667px"Nicely done"=14.6667px" No" says his brother "The game's not yet won" =14.6667pxHe takes the phone in his hand=14.6667px"Sentiment is found on the losing side"=14.6667pxHe says to me, staring, wide eyed =14.6667pxHe begins to study it=14.6667px"What are you talking about?"=14.6667pxBut my smirk begins to turn to a pout =14.6667px"You" he says=14.6667px"Dear God, poor man"=14.6667pxHe must think that he's got a fan =14.6667pxTears begin to well=14.6667pxHe has seen through my facade.=14.6667pxAnd my emotions can no longer be jarred. =14.6667pxA tear falls =14.6667pxFrom my eye=14.6667px"I was just playing the game" I sigh =14.6667pxStepping up close=14.6667pxHe says with feeling,=14.6667px"I know. And this, this is just losing". =14.6667pxHe shows me the screen,=14.6667pxMy heart is mocked,=14.6667pxAs the password shows up on the phone, "I am Sher-locked" =14.6667px"You're right, everything I've said is false"=14.6667px"And I know you're in love with me.......=14.6667pxBecause I took your pulse".

Miss me

October 5, 2015 6:47 am  #55

wow, i don't know what happened with the numbers there, I'm sorry!!

Miss me

October 5, 2015 6:48 am  #56

I copied it from my word document, that i wrote it on

Miss me

October 5, 2015 7:59 am  #57

So you copied the code all along ... best go to your first post, use EDIT, make it white (first select, then choose the colour) and delete the other stuff 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 7, 2015 11:59 am  #58

A camera phone
And stunning red lips
34 inches is the width of my hips
 A deduction it was as he managed to see
Then I said, "I'm flattered" and he said "Don't be". 
He gave me his coat, as I must confess,the first time we met,
I was in my battle dress. 
Every time that I text,I put Mrs Hudson in strife as she scolds Sherlock, "at my time of life!". 
I texted him many times, I was the winner
As I messaged to him, "I'm sad, let's have dinner". 
She loves to play games,Hmmm, let me see.Is the password 221b? 
In a red box I sent him my phone
But rest assured, it wasn't a loan 
I needed to disappear I needed to die,
But John now knows that I am alive. 
I slept on his bed,They made duplicates of my phone,
But that camera phone is my life, i know which one i own 
1058He puts the number in
Little does he know that i have tricked him
 I unlock my real phone,And show him a code,
Suddenly he plunges into deduction mode 
Desperate to show off,He tells the info to me,Which I then text to Moriar-ty 
I love to play the game,It gives me such joys
And I have been told how to play the Holmes boys 
With a grimace, Mycroft says"Nicely done"" No" says his brother "The game's not yet won" 
He takes the phone in his hand"Sentiment is found on the losing side"
He says to me, staring, wide eyed
 He begins to study it"What are you talking about?"But my smirk begins to turn to a pout 
"You" he says"Dear God, poor man"He must think that he's got a fan 
Tears begin to well
He has seen through my facade.And my emotions can no longer be jarred. 
A tear falls From my eye"I was just playing the game" I sigh
 Stepping up close he says with feeling,"I know. And this, this is just losing". 
He shows me the screen,My heart is mocked,As the password shows up on the phone, "I am Sher-locked" 
"You're right, everything I've said is false"
"And I know you're in love with me.......Because I took your pulse"

Miss me

October 8, 2015 12:09 am  #59

Oooh!! I love writing rhymes and limericks!
Let me see...

October 8, 2015 12:10 am  #60

An aneurystic cabbie
A villian, Mor-i-ar-ty
A dominatrix who bests
There's lots of strange guests
Who visit 221B

Board footera