BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 26, 2015 6:18 am  #681

Re: Benedict to play Hamlet on stage

Aaawh!

You mean new pictures as in, new pictures added since I bought the program? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 26, 2015 10:00 am  #682

Yes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 26, 2015 10:04 am  #683

Cool... and in a way I feel a bit 'cheated' now... but hey, I had an amazing experience! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 26, 2015 3:07 pm  #684

Lilythiell wrote:

Just look how in love they are

Here's cumberbudy's post on some reviews she's heard -reviews from family and friends.

I think it is absolutely wonderful that they are so supportive of each other.  Lovely pix BTW.  And I think she looks perfectly beautiful in that dress (he looks suitably dapper in his outfit as well).  Both of them are graceful, responsive to each other and seem to be a well-suited couple.  It isn't such a stretch of the imagination to think that they are enamoured with each other and this marriage of their's is one for the "long-haul".  There is a quiet glow about them that comes across to me when I see pictures like this of them together. 

I just can't understand why there is still a small, loud, rude faction of so-called "fans" who pile such hate on Sophie.  It simply beggars belief that anyone with one iota of intelligence or human decency would stoop to such a lowly depth of disgusting behaviour (let alone keep at this vileness for this long of time). 

Yuck!  Now I have to go and take a mental shower (which for me is going and looking at those lovely shots of BC and SH together last night) to get the "uglies" out of my mind.  Whew! that did the trick!!

All better! 

It seems his performance was well received but overall the reviews for the play itself was more mixed.   

For myself, I can't wait to see BC in the NTLive screening of Hamlet.  I have been going to see Shakespeare plays since... well, let's just say "almost forever" and leave it at that.  The best one I ever saw was in Stratford (Canada) with Christopher Plummer playing in The Tempest (it was breath-taking).  I have seen Hamlet before but it wasn't as memorable as Plummer in The Tempest.

I am also glad BC's friends, co-workers and the rest of his family were there also to support him last night at the opening.  It doesn't surprise me though - a beautiful, sensitive, thoughtful, person such as Benedict would be surrounded by equivalent type friends and come from a family where love and support is paramount.

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

August 26, 2015 7:38 pm  #685

@Val I also don't like the hating on Sophie.  It's just not fair and a waste of time to be mean-spirited.  He's a person with his own life and if he loves her then that's all that matters.  It's none of our business, but as far as we can tell they're happy so who cares about anything else? I care about his acting work first and foremost.  Ad if you don't like Sophie, I think there are better things to do than whine about it at every chance you get.

@Phantom I guess the programme for previews was different for whatever reason.  Well, in that case maybe yours is a collector's item because there will be fewer of that one than the one with the new photos.  And at least you can look at the other ones on your computer, I guess.  But I can understand why you'd wish you could have those in yours as well.  But perhaps they replaced some of the others instead of adding on? I wouldn't know.

I've found buses that will take me to a city that's showing Hamlet for NT Live, and I'm hoping it will all work out.  It will be a weekend trip instead of a day trip, but that's not the end of the world.

Clueing for looks.

August 26, 2015 8:09 pm  #686

I think the best we can do about those people is ignore them. They don't even deserve being mentioned.
Attention to their stuff is what they are craving for, so why feed them?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 27, 2015 1:14 am  #687

Yitzock wrote:

I've found buses that will take me to a city that's showing Hamlet for NT Live, and I'm hoping it will all work out.  It will be a weekend trip instead of a day trip, but that's not the end of the world.

Fingers crossed it will!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 27, 2015 3:05 pm  #688

A very good link to a great bunch of Hamlet reviews!

http://marybegone.tumblr.com/post/127695491681/hamlet-review

Last edited by nakahara (August 27, 2015 3:06 pm)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 27, 2015 3:29 pm  #689

I am going to see it another 3 times!! Including tonight! I feel super guilty at all the money I have spent but 2 of those tickets were bought last year so I guess I couldn't really plan well.. GAH

re: Sophie's haters: people are jealous, and ultimately their behaviour harms no one but themselves, so no point in talking about it...

ps I am also jealous, although I don't hate on her - just take the mick sometimes when I see pictures like that because BLOODY HELL IF I WAS MARRIED TO HIM I WOULDN'T REACT LIKE THAT TO HIM KISSING ME *ahem*. LOL. But I know she is just trying to be appropriate and/or she's probably quite shy.

Last edited by Dorothy83 (August 27, 2015 3:31 pm)

August 27, 2015 5:35 pm  #690

Martin talked about Hamlet

Everyone talks about that quote. 

he made Shakespeare very accessible...with his mouth

Source: https://twitter.com/nmsonline/status/636895930285953024?lang=de

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 27, 2015 6:38 pm  #691

*Sniggers* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 27, 2015 9:29 pm  #692

Ivy wrote:

Martin talked about Hamlet

Everyone talks about that quote. 

he made Shakespeare very accessible...with his mouth

Source: https://twitter.com/nmsonline/status/636895930285953024?lang=de

Jealous about Benedict´s mouth, Martin, huh? Yeah, I would be too if I were you:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 27, 2015 9:31 pm  #693

Now I now what I am going to dream of. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 27, 2015 10:03 pm  #694

I do believe my heart rate just incresed for some reason. How odd. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 27, 2015 10:32 pm  #695

That's why John licks his lips so much.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 29, 2015 9:31 pm  #696

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 30, 2015 12:32 am  #697

Beautiful shots! Thanks for sharing! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 30, 2015 5:59 pm  #698

I want to know what that elipsis is replacing, that has to have been taken out of context!

Clueing for looks.

Board footera