BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 4, 2012 5:45 pm  #1

When you are on vacation....

...and stay at home it can happen that you have a bit free time, and you get some weird ideas.
And you go and get a white shopping bag and some elastic bands, a string, some colour and some pens to write on the bag.

Then you do this:

And you put it in a nice bowl of blue soup

After it's out of the bowl and dry you take one of the pens - just take a closer look at it, you can only use it for one thing: 

After 5 minutes in the oven you get this:

To make it complete you turn it around and write this:

When finished you notice you might not take it out with you because you are 43, not 13.... 

Last edited by Mattlocked (August 4, 2012 5:46 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 4, 2012 6:13 pm  #2

Re: When you are on vacation....

That's wonderful, Mattlocked! 
You absolutely have to take it out with you in order to attract attention for that good cause called Sherlock. Just imagine - people who you don't know would address you in the streets!
Maybe thus you'll be able to discover one of the rare specimen of German Sherlockians...
And don't worry about your age. Finally, you're a proud ageless Sherlockian, aren't you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 4, 2012 6:13 pm  #3

Wow, That's Brilliant! 
I so totally would take that out. But I'm not 43, so... I still think you should; it's really beautiful!
That 'GET SHERLOCK' side is really accurate, and it's so neat! My hand always shakes when I use those 3D pens.
I would never have the patience to tie all those knots but it is so worth it!
Lovely

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

August 4, 2012 6:39 pm  #4

Thank you!

Tobe, I'm wearing t-shirts and my sportsbag all the time, believe me, there ARE'NT any Sherlockians here!
Oh, wait, there is me! 
Molly, my hands were shaking, but the yellow 3D pen smiley was half a "free" one (I painted around a saucer), B.O.R.E.D. was "free"; the difficulty was the normal, white textile pen. I used no pattern, just the computer screen in front of me... I'm glad that it is recognizable. 
The knots were the smallest problem.

August 4, 2012 6:49 pm  #5

The bag's great and you take it with you by all means. Just got soaked in a heavy mountain thunderstorm.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 4, 2012 9:59 pm  #6

The bag looks great!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 4, 2012 11:36 pm  #7

The bag is great!  Definitely take it out and show it off.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

August 5, 2012 8:09 pm  #8

Thank you!
Well...the more I look at it..... 
I think I could take it out. I prefer the "get sherlock" side to the outside, the more childish side hiding....

Mustn't be much more difficult to write it on a shirt...... hmmmm....

August 5, 2012 8:18 pm  #9

Yes, try it on a t-shirt. I love it when creative people are doing things I myself wouldn't be able to do. Maybe you could set up a little online shop, I'm sure you'll find a lot of customers in this forum  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 5, 2012 8:45 pm  #10

Super Tasche!

August 6, 2012 5:56 am  #11

Tasche means 'bag'.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 6, 2012 6:22 am  #12

I thought it was German for 'douchebag' but that do didn't fit the context.

Das ist alles sehr schwierig aber auch schoen!

August 10, 2012 11:09 pm  #13

Hey--  the white bag didn't turn into the blue bag, did it?  great job mattlocked!!  I'm so tempted to make me one.  I'd make one for Sherlock, and One for doctor who.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 11, 2012 12:20 am  #14

Nice job! I hope you get some recs for it!

(I like dyeing, too, but I hate the mess.)

Board footera