BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 30, 2015 8:47 pm  #281

Re: What are you doing?

Old news, but hope your date went well, Phantom!

I am myself considering reading "Alone on the Water" tonight, but I daren't. I honestly get butterflies of anxiety in my stomach from seriously considering reading it. I'm not sure I'm ready. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 30, 2015 9:59 pm  #282

There, I've read it. Cried out half a roll of toilet paper and had some comfort chocolate. Now I will mend my battered Johnlock heart by reading a fluffy fic with a glass of whisky while listening to Sherlock soundtrack.

Last edited by Vhanja (April 30, 2015 10:00 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

May 1, 2015 7:36 am  #283

Aawh! I am so scared of reading that after all I've heard about it. But one day I will gather the courage!

*Offers you a shock blanket*

--------------

And thanks!

At the minute I'm trying to calm my nerves... I just had a proof how important communication is.
My boyfriend  (I will never get used that word) and I have this 'cute' thing with saying "Tomorrow"... it means something along the corny lines of 'I love you forever'...

He's going to an awesome event today; a meet'n'greet with some Formula 1 drivers and I'm so jealous!! like him I've loved F1 since I was little... and I wasn't quite clear if he would be away all day. Saying goodbye I said 'Tomorrow' and actually meant it as a question... and he replied 'Yes!!'... so, when he's not here today I had a panic attack thinking something could have happened to him (he's not been too well lately...)

Communication is important. Ugh. Clear communication that is 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 1, 2015 8:45 am  #284

It is very important. Can you send him a text or something to clear it up?

Off to nosework training in a few hours. 

Team Hudders!

May 2, 2015 9:53 pm  #285

Lol, slightly funny. I've spent the last few hours engaging in the world of Sherlock fangirling by watching various YouTube-videoes. Then I think I should "shake it off" and return to the "real world". So I open up the largest Norwegian online newspaper to read some news - and the very first thing that hits me in the face is a big picture on the top first page of Ben as Alan Turing! (Concering the case where Turing's family now demands that the rest of the homosexual prosecuted get's a pardon).

Team Hudders!

May 3, 2015 10:31 am  #286

The wonderful world of Sherlock never really lets you go, does it??

My boyfriend was okay, it was just a misunderstanding... as I expected. He actually had an amazing time and met his childhood heroes! 

At the moment I'm just tryin to calm my nerves... my laptop is being exceptionally stupid. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 13, 2015 9:21 am  #287

I am trying to work on my fan fic... or rather, I am trying to find the right song to get me started. 

Does anyone else have that issue?? 

I found that childrens songs actually help me along... but that is just too disturbing to me! My Irene Adler fic isn't called 'Whipped' for nothing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 24, 2015 5:05 pm  #288

What am I doing???   

Packing and re-packing for our trip to Australia next Tuesday. 

Looks good though, I was able to get everything we need for the 23 days into two small carryon bags each (under 7 kg.).  Thank goodness for luggage scales!!!

Got all the tickets (e-tickets are a blessing), itneraries, passports, visas, extra cash etc. ready and just have to hand over the house keys to a friend who will pick up the mail and water the plants. 

It will be a long day of travelling to get there - Sarnia to Toronto, Toronto to LA, LA to Sydney (26 hours in total) but I can't wait.  Looks like the rainy weather (in Sydney) will be clearing by then too.

The Land of Oz... here we come!!

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

August 24, 2015 6:03 pm  #289

@ Val: Uhhh, a long journey! All the best and greetings to down under ! Have a great time there!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm your landlady - not a plot device!

There are 10 voices in my head. 9 of them tell me I'm crazy. One is humming.

August 24, 2015 6:27 pm  #290

That is a long journey Val, but I hope you'll have a fantastic time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 24, 2015 8:19 pm  #291

Thanks Phantom and kornmuhme. 

We have been planning this trip for over a year and I can't believe it is finally almost ready to happen! 

During our first week in Sydney we have tickets to see Kate Blanchett in her new play in the Roslyn Packer Theatre.  That should be brilliant.

The longest flight we have ever been on before this was 14 hours to Tokyo from Toronto (and we went 1st Class so we had lie-down beds which was glorious).  This time we are going Premium Economy Class so no beds!!! but it should have more room in the seats than in Economy, so I'm not really complaining too hard.  Still with both of us being over 60 years it isn't as easy flying (creeky bones when you get that old) as when we were in our 30's or 40's. 

I can't usually sleep on an airplane (Dan - he could sleep if he was hung out on a clothesline) but I will try to get some shuteye or I will be completely frazzled by the time we get into Sydney at 6:00 am on September 3rd. 

I think a Gin and Tonic once we are airborn will help knock me out to sleep - maybe two would do it for sure.  And if I can't sleep, I'll just rewatch episodes of Sherlock on the onboard entertainment screen!

-Val

-Benedict Cumberbatch

August 24, 2015 8:36 pm  #292

Wow! That is a long trip, but it sounds like it will be worth it if it all goes reasonably smoothly.  Let us know how the play was!

I know what you mean about sleeping on a plane, it can be very difficult even if you have somethig to block out the noise.  I remember I couldn't sleep on an 8-hour flight to France, and by that evening my brain half shut off while we were walking back from our restaurant to our hotel in Paris.  I somehow managed to shower brush my teeth and get into my pajamas, but I don't really remember anything past the hotel lobby.  And then I got a cold...So I hope you do better than I did.
But since it's so long, it seems like you'll probably get tired enough to sleep at some point.  Fingers crossed! 

Clueing for looks.

August 25, 2015 1:35 am  #293

Last year Dan and I went to Paris, and after the Japanese flight, the trans-Atlantic one was relatively breezy. 

After we landed and transported into the city, we got settled in our hotel and then we were feeling energetic enough to walk all the way from the Louvre to the Arc Triumphe and back (stopping for dinner on the walk back - bottle of Champagne and a huge tray of fresh oysters).

The trick is of course to force yourself to stay up until a reasonable bedtime by the local time.  I think we were able to stay up until about 11:00 pm. and then the next day we were ready to hit the ground running.

I doubt though that we will be able to do the same on this trip.  There's a big difference between 8 hours and 26 hours on a plane.

LOL!

-Val

-Benedict Cumberbatch

September 2, 2015 3:55 am  #294

I got up at 5.30 to watch the first Danish astronaut being sent off to space! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 2, 2015 3:59 am  #295

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I got up at 5.30 to watch the first Danish astronaut being sent off to space! 

This is great! I missed it completely. What kind of mission is he on?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 2, 2015 4:13 am  #296

It's a scientific research mission; among other things they are going to conduct further experients on cancer cells; as far as I understood it... they have been focusing a lot more on his training and his family and the lift-off rather than the actual mission... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 2, 2015 4:27 am  #297

I am checking a German site called "astronews". They didn't even mention that there has been a lift-off with a European astronaut aboard. Do you remember where he started from? Baikonur?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 2, 2015 4:29 am  #298

He hasn't been sent off yet, there's 8 minutes left. And yes, that's where he's being sent off from. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 2, 2015 4:31 am  #299

Ah, found it. You can also see it on the German channel n-tv online.

Last edited by Schmiezi (September 2, 2015 4:32 am)

September 2, 2015 4:38 am  #300

Aaand he's off! Good luck Andreas! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera