BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 20, 2015 11:44 pm  #581

Re: The "Good News" thread

Quite right, too, Vhanja!
I agree, Phantom, come Halloween we must see a picture of you in that dress!
Korn, congratulations on your results! I trust you've celebrated this adequatey.

Even if the day had started rather gloomily (and to be honest, continued to be until 8pm...), I've had a really good time walking around central London. The highlight of the night was walking past Irene Adler's house, not to mention Belstaff house... It's not much, but still. Yay, me!

Last edited by Lilythiell (August 20, 2015 11:45 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 20, 2015 11:54 pm  #582

Oh, wow, that would've been HUGE! :D

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

August 21, 2015 1:15 am  #583

I'm glad you got to see some sights.  I find it's always nice to just walk around a city or other place that you're visiting.  You see lots of things.

Clueing for looks.

August 21, 2015 1:59 am  #584

Congraulations Korn!! Well done! 

Vhanja you should be proud of yourself! I am happy to hear it went well! Good luck with it in the future! 

And Lily that sounds like a productive day! Awesome! 

Despite my current spider crisis I just went through my text messages (had to do something to distract myself). 
Last weekend like so many times before my mother hurt my feelings... when she's in a lot of pain she can be a monster. 
She wanted to know when I was coming to visit Friday. I didn't want to go, even if she has our pets and I do miss them and won't see them next weekend... but calmly I started out asking how she was doing, when she said she was hurting a bit I explained myself... telling her that I am very vulnerable lately and that her frustrations aren't what I need. She did assure me she isn't in "that kind of pain" so I'm giving her a chance. But I told her I would have to go home if it got too much. 

it's really rare I actually get to do that, to calmly express my feelings, and actually have it be received and understood. 

And hey, I'm going to see 'my' dog and the 3 cats!! I love them so much

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 22, 2015 3:48 pm  #585

Have I mention recently how much I love you guys and how lucky I feel to have found this place?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 22, 2015 4:11 pm  #586

Can I second your post, tonnaree? I'm so happy I stumbled across this place!

I've got some 'good news' too... 2 weeks ago I wrote a long email to the Barbican thanking everyone for the experience I had, from the man in the box office, the girl who sold me the program of and obviously the Hamlet cast... I sort of poured out my heart in the middle of the night about what getting my ticket last year meant to me, and what seeing the play had done for me... (of course skipping the most gorey details) 

Yesterday I got a reply back, what I wasn't expecting at all... and apparently the lady is going to forward my message to 'everyone involved'.

I'm not dilusional and think that Ben is going to read it even... but in a way this makes me feel a lot better about not even trying for an autograph. 

I am so used to writing complaints, lol. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 22, 2015 4:12 pm  #587

Excellent idea, this thread!
- One of my cats purring on my lap makes me feel happy. I call that "cattherapy".
- Sunrise or sunset on hills; I can see it from my window and admire it everyday.
- Being successful with the level XXX of a game. A little achievement, useless maybe, but an achievement, though. And any achievement in general -better if useful.
- Watching a good serie and being hooked.
- Apart that: my family, friends, job, wage... Holidays when possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------
What? Cameras? Here? I'm in my nightie!

August 23, 2015 6:51 pm  #588

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Can I second your post, tonnaree? I'm so happy I stumbled across this place!

I've got some 'good news' too... 2 weeks ago I wrote a long email to the Barbican thanking everyone for the experience I had, from the man in the box office, the girl who sold me the program of and obviously the Hamlet cast... I sort of poured out my heart in the middle of the night about what getting my ticket last year meant to me, and what seeing the play had done for me... (of course skipping the most gorey details) 

Yesterday I got a reply back, what I wasn't expecting at all... and apparently the lady is going to forward my message to 'everyone involved'.

I'm not dilusional and think that Ben is going to read it even... but in a way this makes me feel a lot better about not even trying for an autograph. 

I am so used to writing complaints, lol. 

Wow, this is really nice!!! First you giving this wonderful feedback and them replying! So everyone's happy :-)!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm your landlady - not a plot device!

There are 10 voices in my head. 9 of them tell me I'm crazy. One is humming.

August 23, 2015 6:52 pm  #589

BHavers wrote:

- One of my cats purring on my lap makes me feel happy. I call that "cattherapy".
- Sunrise or sunset on hills; I can see it from my window and admire it everyday.
- Being successful with the level XXX of a game. A little achievement, useless maybe, but an achievement, though. And any achievement in general -better if useful.

Cattherapy almost always works, doesn't it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm your landlady - not a plot device!

There are 10 voices in my head. 9 of them tell me I'm crazy. One is humming.

August 23, 2015 8:42 pm  #590

kornmuhme wrote:

BHavers wrote:

Cattherapy almost always works, doesn't it?

Oh yes! My cats had their first birthday yesterday. I am so glad, we have them. Definitively bringing a lot of happiness in our lifes  .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

August 24, 2015 6:55 pm  #591

Aw, tonnaree
I'm really glad I've found this place, too, filled with so many extraordinary people! Thank you all, guys

Phantom, that not just "a bit of good news" that you've had, I'd consider it more like amazing news!
Happy birthday to your cats, stoertbeker!

Strangely enough, I don't find that cat therapy (or rather the purring side of it) works much on me. What does work is the presence of my cat and the affection he gives me.

Now for my piece of good news (I seem t alternate between terrible and brilliant day, I know...still.):
1- No Tube strike tomorrow, it has been suspended.
2- I've just made a placement for Moriarty's figure from BCS. Yes, I know, I'm broke. So, what?
3- It is highly probably I get a job this September. For the whole. Bleeding. School year! I don't know about next year, but ...the upcoming one is covered. Yay!! (not completely broke, then. I wonder when they'll launch the pre-order for Mycroft Holmes, ehehehe)

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 25, 2015 12:19 pm  #592

CatTherapy rocks. I wish I could have a cat in my flat, I so miss my cats (and the dog too!) when I haven't been with them for too long. 

Fingers crossed you do get the job Lily!!

My mother's aunt (or late grand mothers sister, take your pick) had a skin graft done yesterday, mum just texted to tell me it went to plan and she was even sent home shortly after. 
For years she has struggled with her foot, she hurt it and got the tiniest of cuts which just won't heal and only got worse and worse... a few times we've been thinking she would lose the entire foot! 
We were worried the doctors wouldn't go through with this skin graft... a nurse had decided to test yet another new method on her foot and it had become very irritated. 

Now I just hope it heals up well, and that she this time will call the nurses and have them come check up on it if it starts to go bad, unlike last time when the tissue became necrotic because she didn't want to bother them. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 25, 2015 11:39 pm  #593

I got it! Ha! Brilliant!
*realises* God, I don't even know what classes I will have! Haaaaaaa *panics*

Let's all hope your mother's aunt's skin graft heals well! Wish her well!

August 26, 2015 6:25 am  #594

YAY! Congratulations Lily!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 26, 2015 6:32 am  #595

Big congrats, Lily!!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 26, 2015 11:36 am  #596

Thanks, ladies!

August 30, 2015 8:11 am  #597

Broadband is back! Yippee! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 12, 2015 11:41 pm  #598

Two good things on one day: I received my Hamlet tickets today  !!! And I just got home from my hen night. I had a wonderful evening at an oriental restaurant (delicious food) with my closest friends.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

September 13, 2015 12:15 am  #599

That is good news! I'm glad you had fun, and since I was pretty excited when I went online and got my NT Live Hamlet tickets, I can only imagine how excited you are if your tickets were to see the show in person.

Clueing for looks.

September 13, 2015 6:25 am  #600

Woo! Congrats! Have a great time with the show :D

My good news is that I've 'cracked the code' to getting more energy! Coffee! I have tried to avoid caffeine as I don't sleep much and I've been scared it would only make my sleep deprivation worse, but the last week I've tried to start my day with a cup of coffee as a test. I get a lot more done during the day and I sleep a lot better. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera