BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 18, 2015 9:21 am  #1

BBC1 tweets

It seems that BBC1 joined BBC3 in craziness:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 18, 2015 9:22 am  #2

Re: BBC1 tweets

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 18, 2015 9:23 am  #3

Yeah, but they "are driving a slightly different route".

Edit: Hold on... the second one you posted... Could be...

Last edited by gently69 (August 18, 2015 9:24 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 18, 2015 9:24 am  #4

August 18, 2015 9:26 am  #5

August 18, 2015 9:33 am  #6

gently69 wrote:

Why do they do that? is the rerun of Sherlock episodes planned again?

August 18, 2015 9:48 am  #7

Apparently thy are having a rerun of the episodes... they are also putting a lot of those on Facebook. And I love it! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 18, 2015 9:57 am  #8

Those are so sweet!

I hope they are starting up the hype bcause the Special will air soon-ish. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

August 18, 2015 10:22 am  #9

The only job the BBC has is to announce the date for the special!

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 19, 2015 4:26 am  #10

Ivy wrote:

Well, showing the special afterwards would be great too ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 19, 2015 8:10 am  #11

Schmiezi wrote:

Ivy wrote:

Well, showing the special afterwards would be great too ...

one step at a time, schmiezi

----------

August 19, 2015 11:29 pm  #12

God, yes!

I know what I'll be watching next Monday -as if I need the "excuse" of the reruns

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 19, 2015 11:36 pm  #13

They are re-running all the shows on PBS also. I woke up at 5:00 am Monday morning to the lovely boys in ASiB.  It did cross my mind that they are reviving the shows in preparation for the Special.  One can only hope.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

August 19, 2015 11:38 pm  #14

What a delightful way to wake up!
Maybe if we hope together really, really hard it will happen soon...ish...

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 20, 2015 12:04 am  #15

If johnlock does not happen BBC will be amongst the biggest trolls in the world, second only to Mark and Steven.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 20, 2015 2:06 am  #16

Well Sue Vertue did make a point of saying that it's not a Christmas special (at ComicCon)... Perhaps we can expect a happy announcement that the Special will be aired sooner rather than later?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 20, 2015 10:48 am  #17

Omg it sounds very promising... earlier than christmas would be so perfect!! :-)

"It is what it is."

August 20, 2015 10:54 am  #18

nakahara wrote:

gently69 wrote:

Why do they do that? is the rerun of Sherlock episodes planned again?

LOL!  Did this caption make it to our Pool Scene thread?  It should!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

August 20, 2015 11:29 am  #19

August 20, 2015 12:02 pm  #20

ukaunz wrote:

Well Sue Vertue did make a point of saying that it's not a Christmas special (at ComicCon)... Perhaps we can expect a happy announcement that the Special will be aired sooner rather than later?

Mark Gatiss said that shortly after the special was announced. He said something like "who said it's a Christmas special" So I always was quite sure it wouldn't be one.

----------

Board footera