BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 4, 2015 12:10 pm  #21

Re: Will Sherlock Still Be In Trouble With The Law?

True, Mycroft could have been in trouble earlier, not just Sherlock's Fall, but also the blotched project Bond Air did not seem to have really large consequences for him. But why would CAM have been a problem for him? Depending on what you believe the dynamic between the Holmes brothers is he was either terrified of CAM and tried to get Sherlock to stay away from him or he was setting him up to slay a dragon for him. Apparently Mycroft is not as untouchable (anymore) as we were led to believe.

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

August 4, 2015 12:15 pm  #22

Dorothy83 wrote:

All thanks to John!

Mycroft did tell Sherlock that feelings are for cheesecakes.... (Basically)

“caring is not an advantage” is a big theme for Mycroft and Sherlock, would be interesting to see it play out or not? ASIB managed a narrow escape with the pulse taking, but here there was no escape clause, Sherlock did undoubtedly care and he made mistakes because he did.

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

August 4, 2015 12:17 pm  #23

And maybe that's a case of Mycroft knowing Sherlock wears his heart on his sleeve and foreseeing doom and trying to avoid it...

August 4, 2015 12:37 pm  #24

he always does, doesn't he?

August 4, 2015 1:42 pm  #25

nakahara wrote:

That would be the end of this show. Can´t imagine Lestrade or any other policeman catching murderers and accepting evidence from a murder suspect....

No that show is called "Hannibal"!

I don't think the public knows how he died. I mean he was a unscrupulous blackmailing media mogul, shit happens.
And Mycroft has his ways, he is Mycroft.

Last edited by Ivy (August 4, 2015 1:43 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 4, 2015 2:06 pm  #26

Assuming it's not leaked to the public, would Sherlock still be in trouble with the the few people Mycroft have already told and the few people who already know? At the end they were sending him on the 6 month mission because he killed a man and that was cut short by Moriarty. Realistically, wouldn't the Government would still be on top of the fact that Sherlock is a murderer?

Last edited by SherlockianPrincess (August 4, 2015 2:08 pm)

x SherlockianPrincess 

August 4, 2015 2:10 pm  #27

SherlockianPrincess wrote:

Assuming it's not leaked to the public, would Sherlock still be in trouble with the the few people Mycroft have already told and the few people who already know? At the end they were sending him on the 6 month mission because he killed a man and that was cut short by Moriarty. Realistically, wouldn't the Government would still be on top of the fact that Sherlock is a murderer.

Same goverment officials were heavily blackmailed by CAM. You could see the sorry fate of the man who questioned CAM at the beginning of HLV and also Lady Smallwood - and there could be more of them, who fell into his clutches.... so it´s the least of their concern that CAM´s murderer runs loose, I believe.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 4, 2015 2:12 pm  #28

Well, all of these people agreed to send him on a death mission, so if someone had some sinister hopes to get rid of Sherlock he/she would be very disappointed to see him "get off the hook"...

Last edited by Lola Red (August 4, 2015 2:25 pm)

August 4, 2015 2:30 pm  #29

Lola Red wrote:

Well, all of these people agreed to send him on a death mission, so if someone had some sinister hopes to get rid of Sherlock he/she would be very disappointed to see him "get off the hook"...

They sent him on a death mission, that´s true.... but suddenly, and I may add, very conveniently let him off the hook because of that Moriarty´s video. Which, because they are the government, they could set up themselves (especially Mycroft).

Plus, they wanted to send Sherlock to the mission long before he shot CAM dead. So this was planned for some time beforehand, it was not meant to be a punishment originally.

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 4, 2015 2:47 pm  #30

Of cause Mycroft could be behind the video, I actually think it would be quite likely, for all we know the love for his brother is the only sentiment he allows in his life. But the others seem surprised enough when Moriarty suddenly reappears. But apparently there was some consensus that Sherlock would have to pay in some way for shooting CAM. If the details of his death have not been leaked to the general public, then there is no reason to punish Sherlock at all if they were all glad to be rid of CAM. Why put him on the plane in the first place if they collectively decided to get him back before he leaves British air space?

August 4, 2015 2:56 pm  #31

nakahara wrote:

Lola Red wrote:

They sent him on a death mission, that´s true.... but suddenly, and I may add, very conveniently let him off the hook because of that Moriarty´s video. Which, because they are the government, they could set up themselves (especially Mycroft).

Plus, they wanted to send Sherlock to the mission long before he shot CAM dead. So this was planned for some time beforehand, it was not meant to be a punishment originally.

That's possible, that Mycroft set up the Moriarty video, but it would end up being a huge dissapointment to the fans who want Moriarty back. I don't think the series would risk that.

x SherlockianPrincess 

August 4, 2015 3:08 pm  #32

I would find that brilliant. Have us obsess for two years and then have being just a GIF. I can see Moffat go: “I told you he is dead. I told you he was dead all along, but you would not believe me.”
I would be terribly cross, but I would still find it brilliant.

Last edited by Lola Red (August 4, 2015 3:11 pm)

August 4, 2015 3:13 pm  #33

Lola Red wrote:

I would find that brilliant. Have us obsess for two years and then have being just a GIF. I can see Moffat go: “I told you he is dead. I told you he was dead all along, but you would not believe me.”
I would be terribly cross, but I would still find it brilliant.

Wow, I can imagine that!

August 4, 2015 3:15 pm  #34

Lola Red wrote:

Of cause Mycroft could be behind the video, I actually think it would be quite likely, for all we know the love for his brother is the only sentiment he allows in his life. But the others seem surprised enough when Moriarty suddenly reappears. But apparently there was some consensus that Sherlock would have to pay in some way for shooting CAM. If the details of his death have not been leaked to the general public, then there is no reason to punish Sherlock at all if they were all glad to be rid of CAM. Why put him on the plane in the first place if they collectively decided to get him back before he leaves British air space?

It is possible that their "sending Sherlock on a death mission" was ruse and they knew quite well he would return immediatelly.

Or, they were prepared to call him back very soon, because of some other "domestic crisis" that should be solved with his help...

August 4, 2015 3:22 pm  #35

nakahara wrote:

Lola Red wrote:

It is possible that their "sending Sherlock on a death mission" was ruse and they knew quite well he would return immediatelly.

Or, they were prepared to call him back very soon, because of some other "domestic crisis" that should be solved with his help...

But whom was the ruse for?

August 4, 2015 3:32 pm  #36

Just for Sherlock - so that he believes that he is punished and has this as a lesson to him.

August 4, 2015 3:37 pm  #37

Sort of Mycroft teaching him what happens if you care about people?

August 4, 2015 6:17 pm  #38

Lola Red wrote:

Sort of Mycroft teaching him what happens if you care about people?

Sort of.

Mycroft doesn´t want to punish Sherlock for real, but at the same time, he doesn´t want to make Sherlock feel that he can get away with murder just like that (such a thing could make him too cocky, arrogant and spoiled in the long run). So he stages this fake "punishment" and lets Sherlock stew in it for a while, before he releases him.

August 4, 2015 8:44 pm  #39

I see where you are coming from, but I am not quite convinced (not that it is your job to convince me). So Mycroft was talking to what I assume is the shadow government assembled, telling them that there were two options. Option one was putting Sherlock in prison, something he instantly dismisses as it would cause riots. The “alternative” requires Lady Smallwood’s approval and is “hardly merciful”. I just cannot see that he proposed the hardly merciful alternative of a four minute exile which will end by hacking every TV in the nation to have an official reason to call his baby brother back. That is hardly merciful for the nation, but where is the big hitch for Sherlock?

August 4, 2015 11:32 pm  #40

Lola Red wrote:

I see where you are coming from, but I am not quite convinced (not that it is your job to convince me). So Mycroft was talking to what I assume is the shadow government assembled, telling them that there were two options. Option one was putting Sherlock in prison, something he instantly dismisses as it would cause riots. The “alternative” requires Lady Smallwood’s approval and is “hardly merciful”. I just cannot see that he proposed the hardly merciful alternative of a four minute exile which will end by hacking every TV in the nation to have an official reason to call his baby brother back. That is hardly merciful for the nation, but where is the big hitch for Sherlock?

That makes sense, assuming Moriarty actually is back however, after Sherlock 'saves' the day from him would Lady Smallwood (or any of the other members of the shadow Government.) return to their original plan of sending Sherlock off to his eventual demise once again? Or would they forgive him as he just stopped a very dangerous criminal, in this case assuming he stops him.

x SherlockianPrincess 

Board footera